• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

New Music Release Thread

I'd like to use this thread as a way to highlight new releases of my music. Anyone else who has any music coming out is welcome to do the same.

For starters, I've just released a song called "Ant Farm Melee" to my Bandcamp account. You can read all about it on my latest blog post. Please grab a copy of the song today!

From now until 11:59 p.m. UTC on 12/25/2021, all of my music on Bandcamp is on sale! Enter the code ljchristmas2021 during checkout and you'll get 20% off anything I have on the site - even my entire discography! Head over to https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com to take advantage of this sale today!

"Ereis Overture" was released at approximately 10am Central Time today! It was originally commissioned back in December. (That should give you some idea of how difficult it was to write!) Here's a link to the Bandcamp page:

https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com/track/ereis-overture

"Ereis Overture" is a cinematic, orchestral piece along the lines of composer Miklós Rózsa, with bits of John Williams mixed in. It evokes the sounds of the sinister side of the Roman Empire, but in an outer space setting, all within a 3-1/2 minute long looped song. Take it from me - this was not an easy commission.

You can read more about "Ereis Overture" in my latest blog update. In the meantime, please enjoy the link above!

8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

It evokes the sounds of the sinister side of the Roman Empire, but in an outer space setting

I'll give you folks something I haven't shared with the rest of the world. Re-read the above. Put another way, my client specifically requested a song that sounded like an "Evil Roman Empire In Space."

Now, take the acronym of that last quotation. Compare it with the title of the piece. Coincidence? B)

Please don't go sharing that with the outside world. That's yours to enjoy, and yours alone.

8 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Now, take the acronym of that last quotation. Compare it with the title of the piece. Coincidence?

/me doesn't  think that qualifies as a pun.  But still makes a notation on your page, just in case.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

/me doesn't  think that qualifies as a pun.  But still makes a notation on your page, just in case.

Yeah, Ereis is not a pun. I don't know what it is. A neologism? An inside joke? Whatever. Mrs. Prof said it sounded cool, so that's why I stuck with it.

Speaking of how it sounds, the pronunciation of Ereis is as follows:  eh-RAY-ehs. That's what Mrs. Prof liked so much. When I got paid by the client, BTW, I got a big "congratulations" from her, saying that she recognized it was a big project. I thanked her for the kind words.

It's been 48 hours since I released Ereis Overture, and the statistics are not good. Sales are bad: there have been 7 purchases on Bandcamp totaling $21 (some people have been paying way more than the suggested $1 retail price per copy, which I do appreciate). On the playback side of things, 172 people have streamed Ereis Overture on Bandcamp, but only 31 of those people listened all the way through to the end. Thirty-seven people quit before they even heard 10% of the song.

As far as visits to my leejackson1.bandcamp.com page go, there have been 272 since release day on Friday, with 135 coming from "Direct (bookmarks, instant messages, etc.)." I have no idea what they're referring to with that statistic. In second place is Blue's News, with 46 visits coming from a news story posted on that site. Third place goes to Facebook, with 36 people coming from links posted there. (I'm a bit shocked that Blue's News topped Facebook.)

If anyone has any suggestions as to how I can cast a wider net, please post them. As the Ferengi would say, I'm all ears.

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

with 135 coming from "Direct (bookmarks, instant messages, etc.)." I have no idea what they're referring to with that statistic.arks, instant messages, etc.)." I have no idea what they're referring to with that statistic.

I believe that would mean "they did NOT click a link they found on ANOTHER WEBSITE - they got here some other way."

That would be devoted fans who check your page regularly (or have their computer do it for them and notify them when something's changed). Word of mouth - "hey Joe, I think you'll like this" in email, text message, or a paper note. Semi-directed word of mouth - email or text message to a mailing list. Pretty much any means that does NOT involve that specific person clicking a link on a web page.

7 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

That would be devoted fans who check your page regularly (or have their computer do it for them and notify them when something's changed). Word of mouth - "hey Joe, I think you'll like this" in email, text message, or a paper note. Semi-directed word of mouth - email or text message to a mailing list. Pretty much any means that does NOT involve that specific person clicking a link on a web page.

Yeah, I get that. I have no mailing lists, though, and I can't believe that many people have me bookmarked and just happened to check me on Friday. ;)

I have submitted Ereis Overture to the CD Baby service as a Pro Distribution single. That means that not only will it get distributed to Amazon and all of the streaming services you can probably imagine, but it will also get registered with my ASCAP catalog.

It's still in the "inspection" stage right now, so I'm waiting for them to spit it out into the public before I can register it with the Copyright Office (I need an ISRC number, which comes at the end of inspection). Once it passes inspection, I'll post a page where you can track it on the streaming services.

Just checked out Ant Farm Melee and Ereis Overture; great work as always, particularly on Ereis.

Also, sorry for not checking out Ant Farm Melee before; it was a crazy summer (and not in a good way) and by the time things settled down it completely slipped my mind you'd put out a song I hadn't checked out yet.

19 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Just checked out Ant Farm Melee and Ereis Overture; great work as always, particularly on Ereis.

Also, sorry for not checking out Ant Farm Melee before; it was a crazy summer (and not in a good way) and by the time things settled down it completely slipped my mind you'd put out a song I hadn't checked out yet.

Thank you for the kind words on Ant Farm Melee and Ereis Overture! I do appreciate it. No worries about not checking in - your own issues are more important, naturally. I'm just glad you're listening to it in the first place!

Another music-related post. Had to replace my audio interface last night. The old one didn't have enough inputs (it had six - I needed at least 8). I wound up buying a PreSonus 1810c USB-C Audio Interface. It has 8 inputs, expandable to more. Here's the link:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Studio1810C--presonus-studio-1810c-usb-c-audio-interface

My last commission paycheck covered all but $100 of it - I had to dip into the house account for the rest. I'll probably eBay my old one, which would cover the difference, or wait until my next commission comes due, which will definitely cover the difference. Either way, it should be resolved by mid-March.

Please do not distribute this - it is a special preview for this forum only.

Here is the cover art for my upcoming single, "Geisterwolken," to be released on Friday, May 6th:

geisterwolken_final_squoosh.jpg

The art was created by renowned webcomic artist Kittyhawk. I think she did a bang-up job. (Note: Some items in link may be NSFW.)

"Nightmare Reaper" is out! The Blazing Bit Games title has killer music and sound by Andrew Hulshult. And, for the first time in years, I helped out by writing a couple of the Chiptunes used in the MiniGames!

The Chiptunes haven't been made public yet, but Andrew's soundtrack is up on Bandcamp: https://andrewhulshult.bandcamp.com/album/nightmare-reaper-original-game-soundtrack

Snag a copy of the "Nightmare Reaper" game from GOG at https://www.gog.com/en/game/nightmare_reaper or from Steam at https://store.steampowered.com/app/1051690/Nightmare_Reaper/ today! 

In the interim while we wait for my single "Geisterwolken" to be released, here's a project from Dan Douglas, the man behind the "Duke Smoochem 3D" mod project. He's released a work-in-progress video with a song he commissioned from me, titled "Double Decker Chase," as background music. Check it out!

Music sounds good. Very action hero sounding.  But what does he have against gulls?  Did one take some of his chips when he was at the sea side?