• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

New Music Release Thread

18 minutes ago, mlooney said:

But what does he have against gulls?

As a human who lives within an hour's drive of the coast, let me say this

We must love and appreciate all the creatures of the oceans

EXCEPT GULLS

Those flying sea rats must be avoided and/or eliminated at all costs.

Thank You 

This message is brought to you by the Sharks Aren't So Bad Society

"GEISTERWOLKEN" IS OUT!!!

It's Hard Rock! It's Heavy Metal! Hell, it's kick-ass music that I wrote after seeing some cool cloud formations after a storm one day back in 2021, and you can listen to it NOW!!!

Grab a downloadable copy from Bandcamp, or get the streaming links from my HearNow page!

geisterwolken_preview.jpg

Amazon music isn't playing on my desktop machine, so I'll have to wait until I get my new tablet to listen to it.

Having nothing to do with the music, did you mean for the cover art to resemble the Ukraine flag?  Of course they say it's the sky over wheat, so any prairie sky drawing is likely to resemble it.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Amazon music isn't playing on my desktop machine, so I'll have to wait until I get my new tablet to listen to it.

You can listen to it here as well:

https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com/track/geisterwolken

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Having nothing to do with the music, did you mean for the cover art to resemble the Ukraine flag?  Of course they say it's the sky over wheat, so any prairie sky drawing is likely to resemble it.

No, that was coincidental. And wheat? I thought it was sunflowers. Oh, well.

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but based on your previous output I can confidently state that as soon as I sort out my current computer issues I'll be buying my own copy.

12 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet, but based on your previous output I can confidently state that as soon as I sort out my current computer issues I'll be buying my own copy.

I thank you most sincerely.

I'm going to be putting out a physical EP within the next couple of months. It will contain a suite of songs that I wrote on commission for a Twitch streamer, plus Geisterwolken as a bonus track. I might also include Ereis Overture if I can. Keep your eyes open for the release, please.

What started out as a CD of EP length is now an LP, with a minimum of 7 tracks and at least 36 minutes of music. I've received replies from two more of my former clients saying they'd like to be included in the project, and I'm waiting on replies from a further two. I'll also be including Ant Farm Melee as a "commission" from the Doomworld Forum.

Unless something radical happens, the cover art will again be done by Kittyhawk, who did the art for the Geisterwolken single.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Dare I ask what the "Restoration Project"  is about?

The goal of the project is to take recently leaked code of DNF from a build dated in 2001 (when a highly praised E3 trailer was released, a time when the game was considered by outsiders to be in its "prime") and make it fully playable, pretty much ignoring the final release of DNF. There's a FAQ here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/dnf2001-restoration-project/forum/thread/dnf2001-restoration-project-frequently-asked-questions

OK.  Seems like a bit of retro-computing, which I generally approve of. If nothing else, it should run like the wind on modern computers.

2 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I have announced my 4th album will be released on November 4th.

Album title: "Lady Tigress' Suite and Other Commissions"

Fourth album. November 4th.

Should have waited a day so there would be bonfires and fireworks to celebrate it.

20 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Sorry. I know Guy Fawkes and all, but November 4th is Bandcamp Friday. Free from Bandcamp's cut of the pie.

Ah, well then carry on.

Here's a forum-exclusive 3D sneak-peek of the upcoming CD jacket for "Lady Tygress' Suite and Other Commissions." Follow this link:

https://www.discmakers.com/MyAccount/Viewer/?p=r%2fK91lByZcHE6WamKu7oHwO2wJKAsjpjumEzzqQoU4o%3d#.YyHZAVBOlD9

This will take you to a page where you can interact with the jacket. Let me know what you think, please.

On 9/14/2022 at 9:42 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Let me know what you think, please.

Based on the tome of the art, I would expect evening music, but somewhat upbeat. Is that the intended message?

On 9/14/2022 at 8:42 AM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Let me know what you think, please.

Pretty cool.  3d art is always tricky, but I think you did well there.