• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ProfessorTomoe

New Music Release Thread

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Based on the tome of the art, I would expect evening music, but somewhat upbeat. Is that the intended message?

Sort of. Nighttime driving music would be more accurate, at least for the first three tracks.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Pretty cool.  3d art is always tricky, but I think you did well there.

I didn't personally do the 3D art. Disc Makers generated the 3D art from the PDFs that my artist, Kittyhawk (https://kittyhawkmontrose.newgrounds.com), created for me and which I uploaded to their system (based on a Disc Makers template). It's a pretty neat trick they've got going there.

29 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I didn't personally do the 3D art. Disc Makers generated the 3D art from the PDFs that my artist, Kittyhawk (https://kittyhawkmontrose.newgrounds.com), created for me and which I uploaded to their system (based on a Disc Makers template). It's a pretty neat trick they've got going there.

In a way that's even more impressive.  

"Lady Tygress' Suite and Other Commissions" has made some progress at Disc Makers. It's through the printing process for both the CD and the jacket side of the deal. Finished those on Monday, according to their Real-Time Tracker. I now await the assembly and poly wrap phases of the project, followed by the shipping.

17 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

"Lady Tygress' Suite and Other Commissions" has made some progress at Disc Makers. It's through the printing process for both the CD and the jacket side of the deal. Finished those on Monday, according to their Real-Time Tracker. I now await the assembly and poly wrap phases of the project, followed by the shipping.

Does the release date of the physical media effect the release day on Bandcamp?  I know you want the 4th of Nov for it.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

Does the release date of the physical media effect the release day on Bandcamp?  I know you want the 4th of Nov for it.

No. Here's how it breaks down.

I've already uploaded the music to Bandcamp. All I have to do is click a button and it gets released. I'll do this on November 4th.

I've already uploaded the music to CD Baby. It automatically gets released to streaming sources on November 4th with no further action on my part.

The CDs will be shipped to me, after which I need to send a predetermined stock number to CD Baby. Those have to be in their hands prior to the release date. When they receive orders from Amazon/whomever, they will ship directly to the customer.

All release PR will have to be handled by me, manually, on November 4th, prior to my surgery.

Any questions?

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Any questions?

Yes, but they start, "How the hell ..." and belong on the political thread. I have many of these.

The CDs are here. They look great and sound great. I gave one to my shoulder surgeon at today's appointment, and gave him another to give to my podiatrist (they share a practice location).

Now, to ship off some stock to CD Baby. Fun times.

38 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

The CDs are here. They look great and sound great. I gave one to my shoulder surgeon at today's appointment, and gave him another to give to my podiatrist (they share a practice location).

Now, to ship off some stock to CD Baby. Fun times.

Good news then.  I'm assuming that you have enough time to get them to CD Baby in time for your release date.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Good news then.  I'm assuming that you have enough time to get them to CD Baby in time for your release date.

Oh, yeah. Release date is November 4th. If I ship express in the next couple of days, it'll get there with plenty of time to spare.

CD Baby has received the shipment of CD stock I sent to them. It got there several days ago, in fact, and I'm just now getting around to reporting it here. Sorry for the delay.

I also just made public the link to the 3D preview of the CD and the album cover. which I posted previously here. I also posted a link to my HearNow page for the album, which is here:

https://leejackson.hearnow.com/lady-tygress-suite-and-other-commissions

If you go there, you'll find icons with links to Apple Music and iTunes, where you can pre-add or pre-order the album! You can also listen to previews of the tracks from either link. Please let me have your feedback on the tracks you've never heard before, if you don't mind. 'Twould be most appreciated!

It is now less than 24 hours until the release of "Lady Tygress' Suite and Other Commissions," and I am sweating the minutes as they pass. I've been hunting down details and taking aim at them with a shotgun, pulling the trigger where necessary. My Bandcamp pages are primed and ready to go. All I have to do is hit the "Publish" button. I've set up automatic Tweets to cover today. My HearNow page is complete. I still need to set up my web site main page post, and I'll have to do my Facebook stuff at the last minute tomorrow. I'll have plenty of time, since I don't have to be at the hospital until 12:00 pm farking noon (and I have to be NPO through the whole period from midnight until then). I've also got to e-mail a couple of publicity sites.

I'm calling upon the forum brain trust for help. Am I missing anything here? What else do I need to cover in order to get this album released?

If any of you are in need of some of my albums or singles, you're in luck! Right now, I'm running a 30% discount on everything I've got posted up on Bandcamp - even bulk purchases of my entire discography, which are already discounted 35% before you even put them in the cart!

To cash in on the discount, simply go to my Bandcamp page at https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com , pick what you want (or if you want my full discography, click on any item and, from that page's left hand side, click on the "Full Digital Discography" link), and then use the code leejchristmas2022 at checkout. The 30% discount will be applied automatically.

Thank you for supporting me through thick and thin, especially though the rough patches like those that have come this year. Much obliged!

"Lo Wang's Rap" from the 3D Realms game Shadow Warrior now has transcribed lyrics! Former employee Joe Siegler has taken the lyrics I transcribed from the rap and added them to his upload of the song on YouTube as Closed Captions. To see them, go to the page for his upload, turn on Closed Captioning, and enjoy! (You might have to restart the playback to see everything if you have autoplay on.)

Here's the link: https://youtu.be/H7V7vMMLE7U

Please let me know what you think.

I am running a Flash St. Patrick's Day Sale on all of my music on Bandcamp! Everything is on sale, even the package deals of my entire repertoire, which are already discounted! Just go to https://leejackson1.bandcamp.com , pick what you like, and enter the code ljstpatrick2023 at checkout. That will get you 30% off the price in your basket, even on already discounted deals!

Hurry, this Flash Sale ends at 11:59 pm UTC Sunday, March 26th! Get in on this deal now!!!

I don't think I mentioned this here, but you might want to read my latest web site update:

https://dleejackson.lbjackson.com/2023/03/new-music-collaboration-in-the-works/

I'm working with a Nü-metal (read: extremely heavy metal) band out of San Antonio, TX to create a new version of my well-known game level song, "Stalker," the first level music from Duke Nukem 3D. Here's a YouTube link, just in case you've never heard "Stalker" before:

I'm going to go down to San Antonio so I can attend a rehearsal of the band, "Agony," that I'm collaborating with. Problem is, my wife can't stand heavy metal, so she's going to just drop me off at the rehearsal site and then go visit her brother, who lives on the opposite side of town. I spent the morning trying to find a hotel in the downtown district mid-way between the two destinations, but they're all rather expensive for crappy hotels. So, I found a hotel midway between the destinations on the north side of town, right on the north loop, that's about the same price but has a lot better accommodations. Put simply, it's a Hyatt hotel at a decent price. Surprise, surprise. I've only stayed at one Hyatt hotel before, so this'll be a treat if Mrs. Prof doesn't make me cancel it.

I lived there for a few years, long ago. It has some fun aspects, pale vs Austin. The Opryland connected park is new since I left, never been there. If it's like Opryland, it is probably fun.

Sea World of Texas was built while we lived there. The first year, family annual passes were cheap, and we tool our kids a couple of times a week so they could let off steam. We could see the fireworks in the sky at night from our front lawn.

Tried to bring up the price this morning. She didn't want to talk about it - had other things on her mind. Also said I was "jumping the gun." I begged to differ. Our trip is from April 15th-17th (yes, a Saturday through a Monday), so with these prices, now's the perfect time to hit the hotel up for them (said prices being approx. $138 a night - not bad for a Hyatt near a market district and within spitting distance of the airport).