• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Amiable Dorsai

Story: Monday, July 19, 2021

The question on my mind was are they Pandora marked or had magic from before?  I suspect that had magic from before would be worse.  

The small change to magic that turned out to be a big change has revealed things that left Luke scarred

He may be so scarred of using his ability that he could never use it again

And if he doesn't use what he has, he will never develop more useful abilities

I wonder if this is a demonstration of some sort of Darwinian principal in magic?

People with a little magic will either get scarred away from using magic or will act carelessly and get themselves destroyed?

Thus magic will only be used by those who have both intelligence and courage (or the foolhardy and lucky)

The Dan did say, that other than Rhoda, none of the people marked by Pandora would be affected by the 2nd change to magic.

There are some frightening things in and about Moperville; Darwin's knife cuts both ways. That's an interesting notion--that only certain kinds of people would be inclined to develop their magic.

If the non-Noah silhouette in this comic isn't Catalina, do you think it could be Hedge?

Seems to spiky for Hedge.  And as you are now doubt familiar with my bright candy colored button, which you just pushed.

"This is EGS, written by The Dan, who is only slightly informed about Conservation of Detail, a new character is a new character, not an old one in a new format."

On 7/19/2021 at 5:39 AM, Amiable Dorsai said:

Story here. Looks like Camdin is a little unclear on the concept. Now I really want to know who he ran away from.

Hm... I thought it was Grace and Sam.

But that wizard canonically wasn't Camdin.

(Unless Dan forgot that detail.)

So we don't know who the smoke wizard is, and we don't know who scared Camdin.