• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Monday, July 26 2021

35 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure about Grace. Maybe working for DGB as liaison to the alien community?  

Nah. She'd hate having to keep secrets. I say she'd want a job where keeping secrets would be anathema. Working in the press, perhaps?

29 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Nah. She'd hate having to keep secrets. I say she'd want a job where keeping secrets would be anathema. Working in the press, perhaps?

That might work, however "the press" is less and less a career field now.  Of course we know that newspapers are still a thing in the EGS world, so maybe they haven't been eaten by online news there.

How long have we gone without a Sad-Child-Grace scene?

So along with the ever happy story of Grace's (lack of) childhood, we have also seen Elliot forced to become introspective, frustrated Justin, and Luke mistreated by his "friends".

This is such a fun narrative

Can we get back to Grace winning the Punic Wars with Bake Sales?

3 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Can we get back to Grace winning the Punic Wars with Bake Sales?

Of course that lead to the Emissary of Magic being a bit of a downer as well.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

That might work, however "the press" is less and less a career field now.  Of course we know that newspapers are still a thing in the EGS world, so maybe they haven't been eaten by online news there.

"The press" is considered to be a catch-all for the reporting media in general, from broadcast news (radio and television) to internet reporting to newsprint. That's why they're still called "press conferences." :)  Still, I can't really see Grace putting on a brave face for the TV cameras a la Elliot or Susan, but radio might not be out of the question. Radio Free Greater Chimera, anyone? WNUT-AM?

Years ago, someone asked what the Main Eight would do after high school, and I speculated that Grace would go on to champion the rights of human-animal-alien crossbreeds such as herself and her family by founding the Hybrid Underground Governance Society (H.U.G S.), the world's most pacifistic secret society.

9 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Hybrid Underground Governance Society (H.U.G S.),

How long did it take you to come up with what H.U.G.S stood for?