• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PrimordialSoul253

Story Wednesday Nov 16, 2016

Ah. This actually strengthens an old idea of mine: that it was the absence of Elliot in his world that helped to create Lord Tedd. Also, I had once before speculated on the possibility of targeting Elliot to get at Tedd. I am rather sorry to see my hypothesis confirmed in this way. :/

Ah, so the whole motive behind wanting Elliot to die was because of the reactions that his death would produce in his closest friends.

The question now is, does Voltaire want Tedd to become some kind of supervillain like Lord Tedd, or does he simply want to ensure that Tedd will not use his special "Seer" abilities?

Possible scenario: Since Voltaire is frustrated that Immortals have rules-lawyered themselves into impotence and wants to shift the balance of power back towards Immortals, he wants to ensure that the Magic System Change goes through. However, Tedd (and a possible small handful of others who share his "Seer" trait) would quickly decipher the new Magic System and speed up the restoral of human knowledge of Magic. Voltaire however wants to see Humanity de-Magicized (which puts him at perfect opposition to both Tedd and Pandora's desires to spread human Magic as far and wide as possible). Therefore, Tedd must be taken out of action. Tedd is much too well-protected for Voltaire to hope to have him killed (at least three strong Mages in his family, plus several Mages as his closest friends, Shade Tail as his live-in girlfriend/bodyguard, an Elven Godfather, and an Immoral Godgrandmother, not to mention allies that all of the above could call in). Thus, Voltaire must find a means of steering Tedd to a different path.

24 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Immoral Godgrandmother,

Was that deliberate?

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

This actually strengthens an old idea of mine: that it was the absence of Elliot in his world that helped to create Lord Tedd. Also, I had once before speculated on the possibility of targeting Elliot to get at Tedd.

Elliot may even have died/been killed in the alpha world.

I had been thinking that Tedd's magic vision might let him (eventually) see immortals on the spirit plane.  This lets me know that he doesn't have this ability yet.

Yes, I know PCR Box was at the card game three whole days ago, but that was a crowded venue, and one more person he doesn't recognize would not necessarily be noticed.  Especially if his attention was focused elsewhere.

Her biggest obstacle towards killing him horribly is the fact that He can hide from her. It's going to take a while before she knows exactly what Voltaire is doing, and then she'll have to find him. If he's smart, he'll put a great deal of effort into not being found. I hope he's stupid, and I hope we get to watch.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I had been thinking that Tedd's magic vision might let him (eventually) see immortals on the spirit plane.  This lets me know that he doesn't have this ability yet.

Yes, I know PCR Box was at the card game three whole days ago, but that was a crowded venue, and one more person he doesn't recognize would not necessarily be noticed.  Especially if his attention was focused elsewhere.

Here's the thing, Pandora was just at Sarah's probably a half hour earlier, if she's still hanging around as well, she doesn't seem to be noticing Voltaire there, of course she did say that Immortals can hide themselves from other Immortals very well once they learn to do it so it makes sense that neither of them would notice the other. Still it is very frustrating that Pandora was soo close to Voltaire.

12 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah. This actually strengthens an old idea of mine: that it was the absence of Elliot in his world that helped to create Lord Tedd. Also, I had once before speculated on the possibility of targeting Elliot to get at Tedd. I am rather sorry to see my hypothesis confirmed in this way. :/

Yeah, that was my thinking as well, although considering that Nioi said that General Shade Tail is  corrupting Lord Tedd, I'd believe it was General Shade Tail that was responsible for Elliot's death in that universe and not an Immortal like Voltaire.

8 minutes ago, exterminator said:

So... how much until Susan gets magical hammers that let her kick immortals' asses?

Susan can use the hammers on anyone now, it's really a matter of getting a chance to use it on Voltaire.

11 hours ago, Sweveham said:

Poor Tedd. It makes sense that having one's dreams crushed like this should produce some kind of trauma. Hopefully he can recover.

And Voltaire is utter evil. No doubt about it. When the goal of your plan is literally psychologically traumatizing someone, you're evil.

Not just traumatizing someone, but also being willing to murder that person's best friend solely for the purpose of inducing said trauma. Willfully killing a person for any reason other than vengeance/punishment for something that you believe that person has done is just plain murder.

Now, we know that in order to avoid the auto-Reset penalty, Voltaire needs to convince himself that what he is doing is for the greater good. The question thus raised is, what end is served by forcing Tedd into a breakdown?

13 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Willfully killing a person for any reason other than vengeance/punishment for something that you believe that person has done is just plain murder.

I disagree. Killing in vengeance is unnecessary bloodshed. The only time it is permissible to kill someone is to prevent them from killing someone else.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:
14 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Yeah, that was my thinking as well, although considering that Nioi said that General Shade Tail is  corrupting Lord Tedd, I'd believe it was General Shade Tail that was responsible for Elliot's death in that universe and not an Immortal like Voltaire.

If Dame Tara would kill Elliot, who would be responsible, Dame Tara or Voltaire? I think that general Shade Tail killed Elliot, but that it was result of some Voltaire's scheme. Probably executed better than the Dame Tara plan. Or maybe not completely and it resulted in Voltaire being killed in that universe :)

9 hours ago, TheAmazingKMan said:
9 hours ago, Alwaysnewguy said:

Are immortals protected under their own laws, or can Pandora come in and tear this *&%*&$ in half. I hope it's the second one.

Oh yeah, Pandora can kick his ass.

She don't plan to kick his ass and if she tears him in half it would be just first step. Her plan is to tear him to shreds. I personally think that he would deserve worse but doing worse to immortal might be too hard.

14 hours ago, ijuin said:

Possible scenario: Since Voltaire is frustrated that Immortals have rules-lawyered themselves into impotence and wants to shift the balance of power back towards Immortals, he wants to ensure that the Magic System Change goes through. However, Tedd (and a possible small handful of others who share his "Seer" trait) would quickly decipher the new Magic System and speed up the restoral of human knowledge of Magic. Voltaire however wants to see Humanity de-Magicized (which puts him at perfect opposition to both Tedd and Pandora's desires to spread human Magic as far and wide as possible). Therefore, Tedd must be taken out of action. Tedd is much too well-protected for Voltaire to hope to have him killed (at least three strong Mages in his family, plus several Mages as his closest friends, Shade Tail as his live-in girlfriend/bodyguard, an Elven Godfather, and an Immoral Godgrandmother, not to mention allies that all of the above could call in). Thus, Voltaire must find a means of steering Tedd to a different path.

Magic system change will not change immortal rules ... BUT it might give him better opportunities to "guide" people as he wanted, while in current system his guiding is likely to lead into more mortals getting magic, which would be counterproductive for him.

And he might want something different - think ensuring that Tedd's research will be available for him but not others. Or, maybe traumatized Tedd would be easier to control ...

15 hours ago, jmucchiello said:

So, Tedd is a rare and dangerous magic using type. So what happens if he takes up as his new quest to find "magic" and give it a good talking to? It sounds like the kind of thing he could succeed at, doesn't it?

That would be totally OP. I approve. Personally, I see Will of Magic as villain. Although I little suspect that Will of Magic is like this because alternative would be too much work for Dan ...

29 minutes ago, Sweveham said:
44 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Willfully killing a person for any reason other than vengeance/punishment for something that you believe that person has done is just plain murder.

I disagree. Killing in vengeance is unnecessary bloodshed. The only time it is permissible to kill someone is to prevent them from killing someone else.

It's not unnecessary bloodshed if you use enough fire. :)

In cases like this, vengeance just means that you don't personally know the person you are saving. Because Voltaire obviously WOULD be likely to repeat it with someone else.

54 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And he might want something different - think ensuring that Tedd's research will be available for him but not others. Or, maybe traumatized Tedd would be easier to control ...

Hmm..That sounds like Voltaire was trying to make it so that he could approach Tedd with promises that he could help in some way. If Voltaire had succeeded in getting Tara to kill Elliot, Voltaire could have guided Tedd's path of revenge. Although, guiding Tedd on the path of making magic public might be difficult seeing as Voltaire had already admitted in front of Tedd how hard it is to find someone to do his bidding, so I don't think Tedd would trust him, still...if Tedd is distraught enough...

I dunno, considering Voltaire knows what Tedd is, he might have some other reason for making Tedd emotionally unstable.