• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PrimordialSoul253

Story Wednesday Nov 16, 2016

30 minutes ago, ShinyAeon said:

...Voltaire was behind Tedd's mother leaving, wasn't he?

Unlikely. Noriko Verres had lot of knowledge about immortals and possibly direct experience with Pandora. She wouldn't be easy to manipulate.

32 minutes ago, ShinyAeon said:

...Voltaire was behind Tedd's mother leaving, wasn't he?

Last I checked, the consensus of the forums was that Tedd's mother left because Tedd had no magic potential and she wanted an apprentice more than a son. (Relevant links). Though I suppose Voltaire could have "guided" her towards that decision, but I feel like Noriko would get a bit suspicious if he started pushing, especially since it implies something important about Tedd, and she left because he had no magic potential. If an immortal starts prodding her to leave, she might stay to figure out why.

1 hour ago, Alwaysnewguy said:
1 hour ago, ShinyAeon said:

Voltaire was behind Tedd's mother leaving, wasn't he?

Last I checked, the consensus of the forums was that Tedd's mother left because Tedd had no magic potential and she wanted an apprentice more than a son. (Relevant links). Though I suppose Voltaire could have "guided" her towards that decision, but I feel like Noriko would get a bit suspicious if he started pushing, especially since it implies something important about Tedd, and she left because he had no magic potential. If an immortal starts prodding her to leave, she might stay to figure out why.

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

Unlikely. Noriko Verres had lot of knowledge about immortals and possibly direct experience with Pandora. She wouldn't be easy to manipulate.

And if that wouldn't be enough, RAVEN is convinced it's his fault. Fooling Noriko, Raven and avoid Pandora seems outside Voltaire's abilities.

4 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

And if that wouldn't be enough, RAVEN is convinced it's his fault. Fooling Noriko, Raven and avoid Pandora seems outside Voltaire's abilities.

Which wouldld explain having Sirleck go after Raven.

11 minutes ago, mlooney said:
16 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Which wouldld explain having Sirleck go after Raven.

It would also explains why I expect his plan with Raven will fail.

13 minutes ago, Wildcat said:

does anyone know where Tedd's dream involving visiting a grave (and lord Teddishness I think) is? That + 'seer' is making me suspicious. 

This is the one, and if does foreshadow Lord Tedd quite a bit, It makes me wonder if Dan was trying to imply that memories from other realities can sometimes cross dimensions to become dreams or nightmares.

There isn't too much to go on with that theory, although, Ellen's "dreams" were magically inserted. It wouldn't be too difficult to insert memories from Lord Tedd's life into Tedd during his dreams and if a skunk girl can do it, an Immortal should have no problems.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

This is the one, and if does foreshadow Lord Tedd quite a bit, It makes me wonder if Dan was trying to imply that memories from other realities can sometimes cross dimensions to become dreams or nightmares.

There isn't too much to go on with that theory, although, Ellen's "dreams" were magically inserted. It wouldn't be too difficult to insert memories from Lord Tedd's life into Tedd during his dreams and if a skunk girl can do it, an Immortal should have no problems.

Thanks. I was wondering if it was something about Tedd letting him pick up information from his alternate self actually. Skunk girl made a connection there, which could explain why it happened then and with that reality. Voltaire doing it is also a possibility...

11 hours ago, Scotty said:

That's "empowering and guiding"...I guess.

Tedd didn't get a nose beep. No one but Ellen got one. That sleepy time dream doesn't seem like one Nioi would send even if she is keeping an eye on our Tedd & company; she's in love with Lord Tedd or at least very maternal toward him. If it wasn't just a nightmare, it might be one of Voltaire's little "gifts."

I kind of think The Shive hadn't thought up Voltaire back then, but I wouldn't be surprised if He retconned this dream into being part of Voltaire's schemes. Voltaire might actually working with or through General Shade Tail. Getting Lord Tedd to try to eliminate all his alternates would surely fit into Voltaire's designs to neutralize our Tedd, the Seer.

We don't have much evidence about what Lord Tedd has been up to or not beyond Edward's assertion that Lord Tedd wasn't behind the attacks on Elliot. I see that the likely factor in that is Nioi. Edward, who keeps so many secrets, may be in contact with her. Even if he isn't, Nioi doesn't like what General Shade Tail is doing to Lord Tedd and she might even have eliminated the General or at least gotten Lord Tedd to break with him.

Whatever our Tedd can see as a seer, he didn't see Voltaire before Volty appeared in Sarah's room, even though he'd met Voltaire not too much earlier at his own home. But Tedd's just learning to use his awesome but obscure gifts. Voltaire doesn't want him to keep on learning. My guess is that Voltaire most doesn't want Tedd or any other mortal with the power to see him when he doesn't want to be seen.

Just now, Tom Sewell said:

Tedd didn't get a nose beep. No one but Ellen got one. That sleepy time dream doesn't seem like one Nioi would send even if she is keeping an eye on our Tedd & company; she's in love with Lord Tedd or at least very maternal toward him. If it wasn't just a nightmare, it might be one of Voltaire's little "gifts."

The spell to enchant someone with dreams or memories from someone else doesn't have to require a nose beep, Nioi likely nosebeeped Ellen because that's just the way Nioi is, it could be enough just to touch someone on the shoulder, or for an Immortals to just face their palm at the person just like with marking.

I kind of think The Shive hadn't thought up Voltaire back then, but I wouldn't be surprised if He retconned this dream into being part of Voltaire's schemes. Voltaire might actually working with or through General Shade Tail. Getting Lord Tedd to try to eliminate all his alternates would surely fit into Voltaire's designs to neutralize our Tedd, the Seer.

Yeah, Dan did admit that he probably brought in the Lord Tedd stuff too early and likely didn't have it fleshed out as well as he wanted. I'm not entirely sure that Voltaire would be involved directly with Lord Tedd, but I do think Voltaire might be aware of Lord Tedd and wants to duplicate it here.

Or he's not aware of Lord Tedd and just wanted Tedd to become emotionally unstable for his own purposes.

We don't have much evidence about what Lord Tedd has been up to or not beyond Edward's assertion that Lord Tedd wasn't behind the attacks on Elliot. I see that the likely factor in that is Nioi. Edward, who keeps so many secrets, may be in contact with her. Even if he isn't, Nioi doesn't like what General Shade Tail is doing to Lord Tedd and she might even have eliminated the General or at least gotten Lord Tedd to break with him.

I don't think Nioi has made any other contact since the nose beep, she mainly came to find a way to deal with General Shade Tail, hoping to contact Dr Scuiridae, I think finding out that Shade Tail was part Lespuko was the information she needed though as she didn't seem to want to follow up anything with Dr Scuiridae after Damien had been defeated.

12 hours ago, Scotty said:

Name's Nioi and I think she's older than main cast. People under 20 rarely feel the need to make themselves looking younger.

6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

Whatever our Tedd can see as a seer, he didn't see Voltaire before Volty appeared in Sarah's room, even though he'd met Voltaire not too much earlier at his own home. But Tedd's just learning to use his awesome but obscure gifts. Voltaire doesn't want him to keep on learning. My guess is that Voltaire most doesn't want Tedd or any other mortal with the power to see him when he doesn't want to be seen.

Tedd's abilities may be completely unrelated to seeing immortals and STILL something Voltaire considers dangerous.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:
6 hours ago, Tom Sewell said:

The spell to enchant someone with dreams or memories from someone else doesn't have to require a nose beep, Nioi likely nosebeeped Ellen because that's just the way Nioi is, it could be enough just to touch someone on the shoulder, or for an Immortals to just face their palm at the person just like with marking.

If it requires skin contact (and not just touching clothes), then nosebeep might be one of the most normal ways. At least considering Ellen has hands full.

4 hours ago, Scotty said:

she mainly came to find a way to deal with General Shade Tail, hoping to contact Dr Scuiridae, I think finding out that Shade Tail was part Lespuko was the information she needed though as she didn't seem to want to follow up anything with Dr Scuiridae after Damien had been defeated.

Shade Tail being part Lespuko was not only thing she learnt, there was that whole backstory. And she HOLD Grace, possibly scanning her somehow. She might've decided that there is nothing more Dr Scuiridae would be able to tell her, even if she wasn't satisfied with what she got.

Just now, hkmaly said:

Name's Nioi and I think she's older than main cast. People under 20 rarely feel the need to make themselves looking younger.

Not sure how thats relevant to what I said, unless you're nitpicking the "girl" part as me thinking Nioi was young, I can't say for sure how old Nioi is, I don't think she'd be much older, maybe the 19-25 range. As for the people under 20 part, we do have Sarah who liked the idea of keeping a clone form for the purposes of looking younger again later.

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:
2 hours ago, hkmaly said:

Not sure how thats relevant to what I said, unless you're nitpicking the "girl" part as me thinking Nioi was young

Yes. In different context it could make sense, but calling her "girl" between high school students? Between her explanations and age, she must seem more like teacher to them. Although she's unlikely to be as old as Adrian Raven :)

23 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I can't say for sure how old Nioi is, I don't think she'd be much older, maybe the 19-25 range. As for the people under 20 part, we do have Sarah who liked the idea of keeping a clone form for the purposes of looking younger again later.

Which she then updated to have one 18 years old, proving that she doesn't feel the need to look younger than 18.

7 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

<Snip/>

Which she then updated to have one 18 years old, proving that she doesn't feel the need to look younger than 18.

That only means she wants to look 18 at least part of the time. It would be very rare to erase an old backup unless you were very short of space...

14 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That still doesn't negate the fact that she did consider keeping a younger form available, she may still keep the 18 year old form, not exactly sure what mad her update the form though unless it was because she liked her hairstyle better than the what she had at the birthday party, or maybe she grew a bit in certain places, it's no secret (at least to us) that she is a bit insecure about her appearance.

just realised that angry Lord Tedd had an eye glowy thing when angry.

Probably not relevant but might mean that Alt universe Tedd had the same powerset. Cool. Or that forbodes. Eep.

DOOM

On the subject of Nioi... Did Kaoli ever show up to hang out in Ellen's universe with Ellen? People linking to the older comics makes me realise suddenly that for us a lot of these plot sensitive time bombs were set up in back in 2004 (12 years ago!) but for these teenagers with attitude it was only a few months back, a year tops.

Probably due at some point for some of these 'I will meet you at some point' open stuff from the old days of the comic to be resolved.

So we've now hit the point where we realize that even though this comic started out as a joke where Elliot kills a goo monster in a scene that looks like it came out of some Japanese B-Show (like JAKQ - which was AWESEOME - or the like), we have a BBEG who is both very evil and quite good at it.

Well done, Dan.

19 hours ago, Scotty said:
20 hours ago, hkmaly said:

That still doesn't negate the fact that she did consider keeping a younger form available, she may still keep the 18 year old form, not exactly sure what mad her update the form though unless it was because she liked her hairstyle better than the what she had at the birthday party, or maybe she grew a bit in certain places, it's no secret (at least to us) that she is a bit insecure about her appearance.

She considered keeping her NOW form as a younger form.

And yes, growing at certain places might be the reason ...

Biologically people start ageing before they are born. But most people divide they life to "growing" and "ageing", some even with gap between those.

20 hours ago, Haylo said:

That only means she wants to look 18 at least part of the time. It would be very rare to erase an old backup unless you were very short of space...

We don't know how much space does a full clone form require. On the other hand, her form IS backed up on Grace and we don't know if Grace even HAS an erase functionality :)

18 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

People linking to the older comics makes me realise suddenly that for us a lot of these plot sensitive time bombs were set up in back in 2004 (12 years ago!) but for these teenagers with attitude it was only a few months back, a year tops.

http://elgoonishshive.wikia.com/wiki/El_Goonish_Shive_Timeline

The comics started January 20 and is currently in January of next year (with big help of half year timeskip).

28 minutes ago, hkmaly said:
18 hours ago, RainbowWizard said:

People linking to the older comics makes me realise suddenly that for us a lot of these plot sensitive time bombs were set up in back in 2004 (12 years ago!) but for these teenagers with attitude it was only a few months back, a year tops.

The comics started January 20 and is currently in January of next year (with big help of half year timeskip).

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how so little time has passed in the comic. Dan even made a joke about it during Squirrel Prophet after the tournament ended and Grace commented that it felt like she ate dinner months ago.

18 minutes ago, Scotty said:
50 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how so little time has passed in the comic. Dan even made a joke about it during Squirrel Prophet after the tournament ended and Grace commented that it felt like she ate dinner months ago.

Also, June 7th continues. Again. It will never end.

I don't think EGS is the record holder, though (warning: tvtropes link).