• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
PSadlon

NP Friday November 18, 2016

I like Rhoda in panel 1.  I think that is the most confident we have seen her yet.  Plus, as I have said before, while short may be cute, tall is sexy.

5 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

What would that make girls of medium height? Sete? Cuxy? *scratches head*

That, of course, depends on the girl.  Which also applies to the tall=sexy and short=cute rule, but those are the general guidelines, at least in Looney land.

Just now, mlooney said:

That, of course, depends on the girl.  Which also applies to the tall=sexy and short=cute rule, but those are the general guidelines, at least in Looney land.

Hm. Going by Doc's rules, attractive would include Arctic blonde, tall, well padded and a not inconsiderable resistance to radiation. How's that?

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Going by Doc's rules, attractive would include Arctic blonde, tall, well padded and a not inconsiderable resistance to radiation. How's that?

Tall platinum blonde?  Assuming my species, which, in this case may or may not be true, that has a 90%+ chance of being so far into the "Sexy" zone that Rod Stirling might be talking about it. 

Just now, mlooney said:

Tall platinum blonde?  Assuming my species, which, in this case may or may not be true, that has a 90%+ chance of being so far into the "Sexy" zone that Rod Stirling might be talking about it. 

It all varies. I admit that while I have certain physical preferences, they all go out of the window in favour of little things like personality, intellect, sensitivity and capacity/desire for learning. I spent quite a while communicating with my wife-to-be by way of e-mail, phone and letter before I met her. I decided that I loved her long before I ever saw a picture of her or met her in person.

Mind you, this is not the same as saying that I disregard the effects of physical looks. I am merely well aware of the fact that both beauty and ugliness are only skin deep.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

It all varies. I admit that while I have certain physical preferences, they all go out of the window in favour of little things like personality, intellect, sensitivity and capacity/desire for learning

I'm talking the "What I like in photo of a MOTAS1" not what I want in a long term partner.  Not at all the same thing.

1Member of the appropriate sex.  Usenet/Bofhnet expression.

Just now, mlooney said:

I'm talking the "What I like in photo of a MOTAS1" not what I want in a long term partner.  Not at all the same thing.

1Member of the appropriate sex.  Usenet/Bofhnet expression.

Ah yes. I admit that that expression reminds me of Herr Flick of the Gestapo's manual in "How to deal vit' vimmen of ze oppozite zex." Said manual faithfully and unfailingly led him into disaster after disaster.

1 minute ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah yes. I admit that that expression reminds me of Herr Flick of the Gestapo's manual in "How to deal vit' vimmen of ze oppozite zex." Said manual faithfully and unfailingly led him into disaster after disaster.

There's a Ranma 1/2 OAV where Shampo has her feelings for Ranma reversed and his ego forces him to pursue her.  Rana tried following the advice of a "Sautome School of Romance" scroll.  He got pounded three times by Shampoo alone, I think twice more by Akane and I'm pretty sure Ukyo spatulated him once before the OAV was over.

Just now, Vorlonagent said:

There's a Ranma 1/2 OAV where Shampo has her feelings for Ranma reversed and his ego forces him to pursue her.  Rana tried following the advice of a "Sautome School of Romance" scroll.  He got pounded three times by Shampoo alone, I think twice more by Akane and I'm pretty sure Ukyo spatulated him once before the OAV was over.

I am compelled to say that I feel Ranma got precisely what they deserved for doing something this idiotic and egotistical.

10 minutes ago, Stature said:

Judging by their confusion, the mall must have four or more parkways.

I'm going to go out a limb and guess that "location3" isn't in these here United States of 'Merica". :P
Here in this part the world, we would say "parking lots".  That being said, most malls, at least those that I have seen, have one parking lot that surrounds the mall, with 2 or more door ways leading into the mall.  Often the big stores on each end of the mall have their own doors and another door that leads to the mail itself.

2 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

I am compelled to say that I feel Ranma got precisely what they deserved for doing something this idiotic and egotistical.

You and the OAV would be in agreement.  It's Ranma being really shallow. 

There are other episodes in the OAV set where he acquits himself better.  I'm especially fond of the Tendo Family Christmas Scramble episode.  The OAV is a set of like 6 1/2 hour standalone episodes.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:
1 hour ago, Stature said:

Judging by their confusion, the mall must have four or more parkways.

I'm going to go out a limb and guess that "location3" isn't in these here United States of 'Merica". :P
Here in this part the world, we would say "parking lots".  That being said, most malls, at least those that I have seen, have one parking lot that surrounds the mall, with 2 or more door ways leading into the mall.  Often the big stores on each end of the mall have their own doors and another door that leads to the mail itself.

Around here, "not enough parking" seems more matching description than "lots of parking". :)

But I would agree with more door not meaning more parking spaces.

In case of THIS mall, however ... there seem to be parking on three sides with dark alley as a shortcut.

23 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That, of course, assumes that that is the only mall in town, or that they went to the same one.  There is canon for that, in that the term "the mall" with on name attached has been used more than once.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:
52 minutes ago, hkmaly said:

That, of course, assumes that that is the only mall in town, or that they went to the same one.  There is canon for that, in that the term "the mall" with on name attached has been used more than once.

While this being only mall in town seems unlikely, being only mall the main characters are visiting is believable and yes, the "never specifying name of the mall nor talking about another mall" is pretty strong suggestion for that. Well ... of course, there is Swedekea. Which might mean that everyone in the town knows what mall is The mall and other malls are referred by name.

Any "Mall" that does not have at least four public entrances is not worthy of the name.

I hope this won't end up rehashing the story of the first trip to the mall with Sarah and Grace.

But that makes me think, this mall seems to be a lightning rod for spooky in a town that is about as far from Normal as any place in Illinois can be.

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
spelling

1 hour ago, hkmaly said:

While this being only mall in town seems unlikely, being only mall the main characters are visiting is believable and yes, the "never specifying name of the mall nor talking about another mall" is pretty strong suggestion for that. Well ... of course, there is Swedekea. Which might mean that everyone in the town knows what mall is The mall and other malls are referred by name.

So...I got looking at the map of Naperville again, and the only mall around is Fox Valley Mall, it's got a store called Books-A-Million, which in EGS becomes Tons-A-Books.

I've also found Graham Crackers Comics, however it's not near a river... but it is right next to the Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve and it is practically down the road from Naperville Central Highschool (most likely MSHS in EGS). It's also not hard to get to the mall from the comic shop, and there's a Pro Martial Arts dojo kitty corner to the mall as well and it looks like it's tucked behind other buildings which fits what "Heidi" tells Melissa.

There's an IKEA in Bolingbrook on the eastern side of Naperville, but Fox Valley Mall is clear across town on the west side.

Also, in looking at this map again, I realized that I assumed the mall was the Riverbrook shopping center based on the fact that there was a railway separating it and the park with the tower, I'm now thinking that Elliot and Ashley drove from the mall to the shopping center to meet up with Ellen, though considering the directions Elliot started giving Ellen, it seems a bit far to be "in the mall area, but not", but there's no other place near enough to the mall but on the other side of the tracks. Then again, Elliot's ability to give directions is questionable and Ellen probably only understood them because of the simple fact that she's Elliot's duplicate, so "in the mall area, but not" could mean a 15 minute drive down the road.

I also don't think Sarah took Grace to that particular mall, because it's just one large building, but I haven't been able to find anywhere that would have a dark alley, maybe Dan took some liberties on the actual layout of the mall and added an alley. I'm also not sure about where Tensaided's video store could be, there's several Redbox booths scatter about and a couple "Family Video" stores, one of which is down the road from the IKEA in the Bolingbrook area...oh it's a chain of stores, do we know for sure if Tensaided owns his store, or just has a franchise in a larger chain?

8 hours ago, Vorlonagent said:

Considering that "Saotome School of" ANYTHING was probably written by Genma, it's probably bad advice if it's not related to fighting or thievery.

16 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But that makes me think, this mall seems to be a lightning rod for spooky in a town that is about as far from Normal as any place in Illinois can be.

Bloomington-Normal is in central Illinois, so the furthest you can get from Normal and still be in Illinois would probably be Cairo, IL (pronounced like Karo syrup) in the southern tip of the state....although interestingly enough, Metropolis is almost as far south and slightly to the east, so it's possilble Metropolis is the furthest from Normal.

Since you're supposed to be able to see the lights of Metropolis from up on top of the Smallville watertower, I guess that puts Smallville in southeastern Kansas....