• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Story Comic for Wednesday, Sep 8, 2021

Here is.
Sarah is assuming that Catalina's mark isn't hidden in Cat's hair.  Either that or Catalina has been awakened but doesn't have book just yet.  Wonder if Catalina has noticed the change in magic just yet.  And if she has, what is her change?

Also, my sub-par sitcom hijinks detector has gone off.  Hijinks expected any time now!

My sitcom hijinks detector has given me so many false readings in this story that I had to shut it off

Also, I never bothered with the Sub-Par settings because I have yet to see a sitcom that is consistently above par

What gets me is the last panel.  Catalina will eventually realize that Susan does know (or at least suspect) that she has cat magic and was trying ask about it while remaining elusive.  But will this be sometime soon or after something else brings magic to the forefront?

On 9/8/2021 at 9:10 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What gets me is the last panel.  Catalina will eventually realize that Susan does know (or at least suspect) that she has cat magic and was trying ask about it while remaining elusive.  But will this be sometime soon or after something else brings magic to the forefront?

Catalina has shown consistently that she misreads subtext, which is a large part of her conclusion-jumping.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:22 PM, ijuin said:

Catalina has shown consistently that she misreads subtext, which is a large part of her conclusion-jumping.

So, I went back to take another look at this dangling thread, and then got curious to see what y'all had said about it. I think you're right, Ijuin, but I expect Catalina will mention the event to Rhoda, and Rhoda will pick up the pieces and put the puzzle together. This was Monday of the in-universe current week, and we are already days later, so this may have already come about, or they may not see each other until the weekend.

Rhoda goes to the same school Nanase does, and Nanase has been less than discrete about having magic. Rhoda might casually ask her about it.

Rhoda is tutoring Grace, I do not recall that it is ever said where this is happening. But we have never seen a visit to either home by the other, so I'm going to guess after school, at the school (which in real life might be problematic, because buses, although we had a late bus, but that is also less than ideal because it is a much longer route. A possibility for beans to be spilled is a visit becomes necessary and either Grace spots Rhoda's spell book, or Tedd observes Rhoda and sees magic in progress. Or Rhoda visits Grace at work and Luke happens to be there. 

Another possibility is Luke meets Catalina and Rhoda and recognizes them. Perhaps Rhoda's double date with Diane and Ellen is at the bowling alley, and they run into Justin and Luke. Or he just sees the aura and mentions it to Justin. ... That raises the issue, did he see an aura around Diane? Does he have to actively scan, or is this passive, like eyesight? Going to guess active, every instance so far seems to be.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Does he have to actively scan, or is this passive, like eyesight?

I think it's active or he would not be able to even look at Tedd and we know he did that when Tedd and Grace kissed.

16 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I think it's active or he would not be able to even look at Tedd and we know he did that when Tedd and Grace kissed.

Good point. And he seemed surprised when he noticed each aura; that says it was just at that moment.