• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Amiable Dorsai

Comic for Monday, Sep 13, 2021

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about either. Aside from Puritan!Teacher, there was a student behind the text box, but that was it.

Also, just want to add: with a flashback coming up on Wednesday, we might be going in to the next part of this storyline. If Dan doesn't call it "Part Not 2-B", I'll be very disappointed.

1 hour ago, Illjwamh said:

Yeah, I don't know what you're talking about either. Aside from Puritan!Teacher, there was a student behind the text box, but that was it.

There is a female figure on the right side of the texts boxes where Rhoda was texting Cat.

Just now, mlooney said:

There is a female figure on the right side of the texts boxes where Rhoda was texting Cat.

Looking at it that might be the teacher.

Been just a little while since I was in high school so I want to be sure

Does every high school have educators and/or administrators who will regularly pick out a student involved in some minor infraction and very publicly make an example of them as a way to ensure all the students are aware of the rules?

3 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

we might be going in to the next part of this storyline. If Dan doesn't call it "Part Not 2-B", I'll be very disappointed.

I agree wholeheartedly

Of course, I am one of those people who will always park in Section 2-B (even if other spaces are closer) just to help me find my car

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Been just a little while since I was in high school so I want to be sure

Same here. Like 43 years post high school

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Does every high school have educators and/or administrators who will regularly pick out a student involved in some minor infraction and very publicly make an example of them as a way to ensure all the students are aware of the rules?

Don't know about now, but had that in the last high school I went to.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:19 AM, mlooney said:

Yes, I know. That's a student. The figure on the left is the teacher.

6 hours ago, Illjwamh said:

Yeah, I figured that out on the 2nd reading of the comic.

On 9/14/2021 at 3:04 PM, Illjwamh said:

My impression was that it was Rhoda's remembrance of someone talking to Catalina, that it was whatever had them both too excited to sleep. It was the faded way the scene was presented, and the female character's hair was similar to some of Pandora's hairdos. I put down the teacher's hair to misdirection by Dan. Who has, so far, a near 1000 batting average at misdirecting me.

On 9/13/2021 at 2:49 PM, mlooney said:

Same here. Like 43 years post high school

Don't know about now, but had that in the last high school I went to.

Likewise, smartphones or mobile internet access were not a thing when I was in high school (during the Clinton Administration)—the only cell phones anybody had were for making voice calls only and did not have text messaging, and the lower-income kids had no phones at all. However, teachers did confiscate personal electronics such as radio/cassette/CD players and Gameboys.

I was in school during Carter's administration.  I was _very_ lucky that one of the high schools I went to had a computer class, so I've been "online" since the 75 or so.  Had a personal computer when the Sinclair ZX-81 was close to cutting edge.  Then a C-64, then access to a IBM PC.  Personal electronics beyond an AM/FM portable radio didn't exists.  Of course there was the CB radio craze about then, but they weren't really portable.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I was in school during Carter's administration.  I was _very_ lucky that one of the high schools I went to had a computer class, so I've been "online" since the 75 or so.

Same here, roughly. My junior high (intermediate, as they called it - 6th, 7th, 8th grades) had a teletype that connected to the school district's mainframe via an acoustic coupler. I think it was a VAX 11 system or something of that sort. I still remember the login: "HELLO SOU A119". Started working on it in 1976-77. Tried to write a roulette simulator. :)

42 minutes ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

Same here, roughly. My junior high (intermediate, as they called it - 6th, 7th, 8th grades) had a teletype that connected to the school district's mainframe via an acoustic coupler. I think it was a VAX 11 system or something of that sort. I still remember the login: "HELLO SOU A119". Started working on it in 1976-77. Tried to write a roulette simulator. :)

That's more or less what we had.  Acoustic modem to a Decwriter II, connecting to the local universities PDP-11