• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Drachefly

A new Which EGS Character Are You quiz

47 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Elliot probably should only be on "routinely". He doesn't hesitate to change when there's a reason, but so far as we've seen he rarely if ever changes JUST to be female for a while. He's changed because Tedd was a klutz, for the sex-swapped party, because of energy buildups, to prevent energy buildups, because he needed the superhero power set, and to entertain Ashley...

Well we know that Magus had something to do with Tedd zapping Elliot. Might have even been responsible would causing the gun itself to get the safety stuck making Tedd panic and going over to Elliots to fix it, and then causing the gun to overload after he zapped Elliot, so while Tedd may look like a klutz to the others, it really wasn't his fault. And yeah when he turned into Mall Girl, it may have been initially to entertain Ashley, but Elliot didn't have any issue staying Mall Girl for the dressing room make out session and probably even enjoyed it. Also seeing Ashley gush over his Cheerleadra forms (especially the new one) and then having Andrea say he looked cute as a female lead to his realizing that having those forms was awesome. If we were having this discussion a few months ago, I wouldn't have any issue with Elliot being just routine about changing genders, but now, I think Elliot will be using the forms for more than just routine stuff.

Elliot has also done stuff like transforming into Heidi just for fun, and he talked about the fun of being anonymous and (theoretically) shameless.  I think somewhere along the line he evolved from having to transform, to liking being able to be someone so different from himself.

1 hour ago, CritterKeeper said:

Elliot has also done stuff like transforming into Heidi just for fun, and he talked about the fun of being anonymous and (theoretically) shameless.  I think somewhere along the line he evolved from having to transform, to liking being able to be someone so different from himself.

The first time he used Heidi, it was because he thought the mild mannered or goth forms as they would likely stick out more, the second time he used Heidi was just after breaking up with Sarah as a way to get his mind off it. While Elliot ended up having fun playing video games in Heidi form, the reason for doing so wasn't fun, or enthusiastic.

I think it boils down to Elliot currently being at "Routine", but that seems likely to (and actively is in the process of) change(ing) to "Enthusiastic". However, I don't think you could currently call it enthusiastic just yet. Not enough data in the story itself for that to be a sure bet for something like this quiz. Also, he may mostly be enthusiastic for the Cheerleadra form due to the powers and not specifically for being the opposite sex, which is more the heart of this question.

On May 14, 2016 at 5:15 AM, Scotty said:

The first time he used Heidi, it was because he thought the mild mannered or goth forms as they would likely stick out more, the second time he used Heidi was just after breaking up with Sarah as a way to get his mind off it. While Elliot ended up having fun playing video games in Heidi form, the reason for doing so wasn't fun, or enthusiastic.

Elliot may also have used the Heidi form a few times during the six month time skip...

33 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Elliot may also have used the Heidi form a few times during the six month time skip...

Possible, but aside from Elliot using the Cheerleadra form to fulfill his obligation to let Tensaided meet her (Elliot felt he was obligated to despite whether or not he actually had to), Elliot was just as likely to have had an uneventful 6 months. And yes, he himself didn't consider meeting Andrea as noteworthy so yeah, fairly uneventful. Sarah probably had more fun changing forms during that period. ;)

The best of these quizzes take into account the different perspectives that different readers will have on the characters.  It's clear just from our discussions here that some of us think Elliot has moved into being enthusiastic about his transformations, while others think he still sees it as routine.  Is there any way we can phrase and/or grade the quiz which will take these different interpretations into account?

(This also shows how frustrating creating such a quiz can be, when we have a moving target for some of the answers.....)

30 minutes ago, CritterKeeper said:

The best of these quizzes take into account the different perspectives that different readers will have on the characters.  It's clear just from our discussions here that some of us think Elliot has moved into being enthusiastic about his transformations, while others think he still sees it as routine.  Is there any way we can phrase and/or grade the quiz which will take these different interpretations into account?

(This also shows how frustrating creating such a quiz can be, when we have a moving target for some of the answers.....)

Certainly there is. If people could plausibly think that character A would answer X, while other people plausibly think that character A would answer Y, then both answers give SOME degree of weight to the idea that the respondent is like character A.

And not necessarily the same weight.

In fact, there can be NEGATIVE weights. A respondent who maybe is a little bit like Tedd, but would "reluctantly, if ever" use at-will sex-change ability, is a little bit LESS like Tedd.

In principle, there's some weight (positive or negative) assigned to each combination of character and answer. It's just that a fair number of those weights will be zero (in an additive system).

One thing to keep in mind on moving targets - we can have separate like-ness entries for the same character at different times. Past Elliot is less likely to change than current Elliot (the remaining cases are further exposition that isn't character development, like flashbacks or when Tedd pulled out the TF gun for the first time)