• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ijuin

Things that make you go WTF

16 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

I think the problem is that they get marketed as amusement parks. I am told that the Red Skull, Thanos and Malekith find the crocodiles eating incautious guests highly amusing.

Hell. I find it a bit amusing and I'm almost barely not very evil at all.

8 hours ago, Zorua said:

When your phone screen is cracked and you have no idea why. It was in my pocket the whole time and was fine an hour ago. What gives?

7 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

SOP.  Blame Tedd.

3 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

That's no fun. I usually blame you instead. In this case, I'd come up with some jibe at cell phone regulations in Memphis ca. 1000 BCE.

At least no one is suggesting either my dishwasher or elder gods.

Ok, usually it's the forums that break, but this time it seems the rest of the internet is broken. Can't load Youtube, can't load Tumblr, can't load Patreon. but twitter, the forums, and the EGS comic site seems to work fine. WTF?

Update: Turns out it was an issue with my ISP's DNS server, I was able to continue using twitter, the forums, and the comic site because I was already connected to them before the issues started, the moment I closed Firefox and tried to reopen the site I wasn't able to.

My Serbian web host tosses a server error 500 if you include use strict;

They have an install module option, which lists strict as some thing that can be installed, but if freaking fails due to not having a c compiler (cc) installed.  I do not has a happy.  In fact Do Not Want.

[edit primus]
WTF, my German/Danish web host does the same freaking thing.  I really don't have a happy right now.

[edit secundus]

The PHP sort of the same thing works on both hosts.  But PHP is broken is so many ways I don't want to use it if I don't have to.  Bleh.

[edit tertius]
I am a dumb ass.  The server error 500 was because, well, I had an error of the type that `use strict;` is supposed to catch.  Opps.

Banner and pop-up ads on web pages can be a mild annoyance, or completely bizarre.

A page I was reading had a link to "Tips for coping with grief and loss".  Directly under that picture, and looking a lot like a continuation of the above message, was a Papa John's ad for two large 2 topping pizzas.

Is Pizza a means for coping with grief and loss?

A while ago I said I was reading conspiracy theory websites and they had stepped off the curb and were not looking at traffic.  I no no longer think this.  It is my feeling that they have no concept of a curbs or of traffic at all and are staggering around at random.  ExoPolitics is just the tip of the iceberg

If most of these people would attempt to sign up for disability on mental grounds it would be granted in record time.  They might even get free room and board in places where they would have lots of nice friendly people that wear white coats.

On 12/30/2016 at 1:44 PM, ProfessorTomoe said:

Pizza is a means for coping with lunchtime hunger.

True but many people use food (pizza included) as a means to deal with emotional pain (including grief and loss).

56 minutes ago, PSadlon said:

True but many people use food (pizza included) a means to deal with emotional pain (including grief and loss).

I hear you. Isn't food part of the traditional wake? I think it's also part of the Jewish tradition of "sitting shiva."

I just got home from work and my dad asks me if I ever rented a movie called Upside about a year ago. Apparently the local variety and video had my name on record for renting it and not returning it on time and owing $12 in late fees. I hadn't personally rented a movie in like 15 years and I had never heard of the movie before. I wouldn't be suprised if someone used my name to rent it so they wouldn't have to pay any late fee. Having looked at the plot, it's definitely not the type of movie I'd watch.

Sobek was well known member of the Nile Pantheon.  I ruled the Two Kingdoms alongside Sobek.

Sobek was not a friend of mine.  Sobek was a jerk.  The Egyptians who worshiped him openly referred to him as "he who loves robbery", "he who eats while he also mates", and "pointed of teeth".

Mr Fraser, do you truly wish to be Sobek's avatar in Hollywood?  If so you. and Hollywood, and Sobek deserve each other.

Sobek.png

My two off shore cloud storage systems both bitched about lack of payment info.  This was to be expected, I had changed my debit card For Good Reasons.

My old card was not an Chip and Pin style card.  The new one is.  Both Mega.nz and Yandex.[com|ru] took the old card with out a blink.  Both rejected the new one, even after multiple tries.

Off to redo my cloud client directory structure.   I am not full gruntled about this right now.

[edit 1]  There is no easy way to delete all the files from a Yandex file store.  I ended up nuking my account and recreating one, which gave me the empty directory I was trying to get.  WTF

[edit two] Now about to find out how horrid Microsoft's OneDrive is dealing with almost 700G of data.  I expect Bad Things

The pointy haired rental office has my email address.  The passed it on to the web payment agency that does my rent and water payments.  They also passed it on to the electric company.

Who the didn't pass it on to was my renters insurance company, so when this months insurance bill came around, it bounced (see new card above).  So, instead of attempting to contact me via the complex or any thing else, I get a hard copy mail of a cancellation notice, that has no telephone number or web address on it.  A tiny amount of google fu gave me this and I was able to fix every thing in about 5 minutes, including 2 or 3 on hold waiting for the human. 

The complex requires insurance.  Why the hell don't they pass on information that would be needed for that?

This place is cheap and I know at least one reason why.

Adobe means dried mud

You can not make a change to your payment plan on their web site if you have an ad blocker running.  Why?  Oh, yeah, it's Adobe, makers of dried mud...

Palm Bay has a Rip Tide Statement. Sure it's because the Statement covers Southern Brevard but seriously Palm Bay is not even on the beaches West Melbourne, Melbourne Village, Palm Bay, Malabar, & Grant-Valkaria have no beach side territory. All of them lie on the mainland side of the inter-coastal waterway known as the Indian River Lagoon.