• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ijuin

Things that make you go WTF

43 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

It means it is a phone company scam they like to offer to places that have a ton of incoming calls, like information centers or public services offices. They get the plan for next to nothing and can call out all they like while the people who call them for help get fleeced. Since inbound traffic for such places is invariably much bigger than outbound, the company offering this 'bargain' makes a mint off it. I guess this means Signor Mlunatico has a lot of inbound calls offering him stuff to buy.

He apparently makes enough to own 3 very expensive cars, so of course he's going to have telemarketers calling him with offers to help him spend that money.

12 minutes ago, Scotty said:

He apparently makes enough to own 3 very expensive cars, so of course he's going to have telemarketers calling him with offers to help him spend that money.

This is actually one exception to my 'scam' call in my previous post. If I could figure out how to charge telemarketers calling me like I had a 900 number, I would happily listen to their rambles.

On 2/13/2017 at 0:23 PM, Scotty said:

He won the Bugatti Veyron in a contest, he's leasing the M3, but did buy the Range Rover.  On the other hand, he did just do a rather good looking remodel of one of his bathrooms, mainly in marble, so there is that.

I'm surprised he didn't have one already, but Mlunatico is getting an American Express card, with no fee the first year plus a 40 euro shopping spree on Amazon.

13 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm surprised he didn't have one already, but Mlunatico is getting an American Express card, with no fee the first year plus a 40 euro shopping spree on Amazon.

He most likely mainly relied on Visa, being European. He probably has a Platinum card.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

He won the Bugatti Veyron in a contest, he's leasing the M3, but did buy the Range Rover.  On the other hand, he did just do a rather good looking remodel of one of his bathrooms, mainly in marble, so there is that.

Yeah, but the insurance on the Bugatti's gotta be steep.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yeah, but the insurance on the Bugatti's gotta be steep.

Yeah, but he got that cheap too.  With "crystal" coverage even.

Mlunatico hasn't had much activity until the last 2 days then he did/bought  14 things.  I'll sort out which ones are duplicate and post the big list o'stuff after I take a nap.  Seriously, almost no spam for 2-3 days, then about 20 rolled in. 14 in Italian.  Several of them using my name, or at least J. Michael

56 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Mlunatico hasn't had much activity until the last 2 days then he did/bought  14 things.  I'll sort out which ones are duplicate and post the big list o'stuff after I take a nap.  Seriously, almost no spam for 2-3 days, then about 20 rolled in. 14 in Italian.  Several of them using my name, or at least J. Michael

Don't be too mad at the spam companies. They get easily confused. Seriously, how many Jesu Michaelangelo Lunaticos do you think there are in the Oklahoma phone book?

Military acronyms have infested my life. For example, it has made me wonder whatever could have possessed any car firm to use the brand KIA. And further made me speculate if maybe this is only part of a bigger corporation that also includes MIA repair services, AWOL insurance and legal assistance as well as DOA health care and ambulance transport.

I now have 49 messages about what Mlunatico has done or bought.  I'm going to wait until I have 50, which if things go as usual should be in the morning, then post a big ass list of his new toys and stuff.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Possibly your mortuary or your brand name for your coffin and sarcophagus franchise.

Not even that.  You name your business for the living; I suspect that most people would not like such a violent name, even if accurate.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Not even that.  You name your business for the living; I suspect that most people would not like such a violent name, even if accurate.

Admittedly true. Even in that business, humour that morbid would likely not be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:
2 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I've done surgery on a tarantula

Ok, I need to ask.  How does one perform surgery on a tarantula?

Yeah, I was going to ask that as well, followed by why?

The "why" is likely because it was somebody's pet and they were very attached to it. I would like to know about the "how" part, inasmuch as I understand very little about surgical operations upon arthropods.

She lived at a local Montessori school, and her habitat fell, leaving her with a wound on her abdomen.  We put her inside the bell (face mask for snouts) of the anesthetic machine, and gassed her down.  I used whatever suture type the book recommended, did a simple continuous pattern for speed, and the edges apposed pretty neatly.  Once out of the gas, she stayed asleep just long enough to close the wound and give her a little fluids, and then she started wiggling and we put her in a little cage in the incubator to recover.  I gave the school a pretty good discount, partly 'cos it was teachers paying for it and partly 'cos I really wanted the experience and to give her a chance.

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

I need to pull out of Eve Online for about an hour.  My "Italian twin" folder is up to 66 emails.

Clearly Signor Mlunatico is keeping busy. Maybe you should suggest to him that he should slow down a little, try an MMO or EVE Online or something.

Just now, The Old Hack said:

Maybe you should suggest to him that he should slow down a little, try an MMO or EVE Online or something.

He is probably in GoonSwarm anyway.

Just now, mlooney said:

He is probably in GoonSwarm anyway.

So do they have Italian space ships? Fast sports models, or what? If he is playing already, I bet he has at least three or four ships for different occasions. He already does that with his cars.