• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ijuin

Things that make you go WTF

14 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

So do they have Italian space ships? Fast sports models, or what? If he is playing already, I bet he has at least three or four ships for different occasions. He already does that with his cars.

The faction I start with does make some fast ships and have a sort of sleek supercar look about them.  As far as more than one ship, yeah, that's a given.  My "permanent" character did the "career" missions and ended up 8 or 9 ships, plus two that were deliberately destroyed as part of training.

On 1/30/2017 at 6:55 PM, mlooney said:

Signore Mlunatico is getting a real deal on some Nike foot ware.

I was hoping he was getting some ex Italian Air force Nike Herc missile, but no such luck.

In one of Blasingame's Furmankind books, there's a comment on a spacecraft whose crew is 90% chipmunks. The commenter is surprised that such a ship can stop.

Just now, mlooney said:

The faction I start with does make some fast ships and have a sort of sleek supercar look about them.  As far as more than one ship, yeah, that's a given.  My "permanent" character did the "career" missions and ended up 8 or 9 ships, plus two that were deliberately destroyed as part of training.

" If You're Happy And You Know It - Pod Amarr
If you cannot find Caldari, Pod Amarr
The Minnie are too frisky,
Gallente is looking shifty,
Jovians are too risky, Pod Amarr.
"

:P

25 minutes ago, Scotty said:

f You're Happy And You Know It - Pod Amarr

I play Amarr most of the time.  They appeal to my not so secret psychopath.

16 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I play Amarr most of the time.  They appeal to my not so secret psychopath.

I figured when you said sleek supercar look for the ships. I have an alt who's Amarr as well and is more combat oriented skill wise, can fly cov-ops and stealth bombers and has some strat cruiser skills though I haven't had the ISK to buy a strat cruiser. My main is Caldari and is more on the industrial side, mining, manufacturing, research. She's got enough combat skills to fly Drake Army.

I played for a month at the end of last year, scrounged up enough ISK from both characters to buy a plex, but when that ran out I just found it tough to do much as an alpha clone, there weren't many skills that I could train, the best ship I could fly was a Caracal and because my diplomacy was limited to level 1 (I have level 4 trained) my standings with the Gallente is in the negative (the friends I play with base near Dodixie mainly because their standings with the other factions are shoot on sight due to them having run faction warfare and lowsec ganking) I couldn't get anything better than level 1 missions.

Auto-correct has the weirdest suggestions. 

In the Zelda series, one of the many races is the Gerudo. See how it's spelled? 

My phone auto-corrected this to "Fetus".

Ah, the miracles of Autocorrect. One I rather liked was a hapless Jewish mother who attempted to text her daughter that she had just purchased a new menorah. The daughter was astounded to receive a text from her mother stating that she had bought a new man-whore.

17 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Ah, the miracles of Autocorrect. One I rather liked was a hapless Jewish mother who attempted to text her daughter that she had just purchased a new menorah. The daughter was astounded to receive a text from her mother stating that she had bought a new man-whore.

Whoever is responsible for deciding that autocorrect should be turned on by default in any given device/OS, should be sentenced to one year of punishment wherein they MUST say everything by means of that device/OS with autocorrect turned on and not allowed to ever reject or amend autocorrect's changes.

And if they ever start turning on grammar-autocorrect by default, make it five years.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Whoever is responsible for deciding that autocorrect should be turned on by default in any given device/OS, should be sentenced to one year of punishment wherein they MUST say everything by means of that device/OS with autocorrect turned on and not allowed to ever reject or amend autocorrect's changes.

And if they ever start turning on grammar-autocorrect by default, make it five years.

And may God have mercy on their souls, for we shall have none.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Or in general, that an editor should never do something to what you are typing or saving except in response to some deliberate action required to trigger it, unless explicitly configured otherwise by the user.

I kinda wish Atom had a convenient "stop being smartarse" config option somewhere.  Good thing is that, once I track down the things to disable, most of them do fully turn off when I tell them to.  But I did say most (cough auto indent on paste cough).

What happened to the Mall?

The modern grand bazars of concrete with ridiculous fountains and huge parking lots were at one time destinations unto themselves.  It was a special day when my mother would drive my sister and I to "The Mall".

Now they are mostly empty dark corridors that serve almost no purpose other than providing a place for senior citizens to walk.

I think that people are still feeling squeezed financially (even if they have jobs, either the pay is too low to have much left over after the essential bills are paid, or there are fears of poor job security), so "shopping for its own sake" isn't so much of a thing at present except for those who really really love to do so.

Apparently the top voted post about EGS on all of Reddit (Screenshot of listing: http://i.imgur.com/c6MKE25.png , not exactly SFW). Why is this the highest?

One of my many cloud storage accounts is yandex, which is either Russian or Ukrainian, depending on who you ask.  Either way their math skills are random.  

This morning I ran this:

mlooney@tunestop:~$ yandex-disk status

Synchronization core status: idle
Path to Yandex.Disk directory: '/home/mlooney/Yandex.Disk'
	Total: 10 GB
	Used: 9.12 GB
	Available: 901.22 MB
	Max file size: 10 GB
	Trash size: 3.51 GB

Then I went to their web site and emptied the trash. Result:

mlooney@tunestop:~$ yandex-disk status
Synchronization core status: idle
Path to Yandex.Disk directory: '/home/mlooney/Yandex.Disk'
	Total: 10 GB
	Used: 1.80 GB
	Available: 8.20 GB
	Max file size: 10 GB
	Trash size: 0 B

Odd, I say to myself. Wonder how much is really there?

mlooney@tunestop:~$ cd Yandex.Disk/
mlooney@tunestop:~/Yandex.Disk$ du -hL
<directory dump snipped>
5.3G    ./Edge
33M	./bin
40M	./Music
4.0K	./My Yandex.Images/Sort This
13M	./My Yandex.Images
99M	./.sync
5.8G	

Meh. Ok what does their site say? Well, I can't do a cut and paste because it is a popup, but the "my drive" thing says I have 1.8G used. Hovering over the `Edge` directory shows that it is 5.3G, which is what I expect. The good Russian hackers must be messing with the US political email servers, because these guys are, well, not good.

It's been a while since someone posted in here, I actually had to double check the rules on necroposting to make sure it was ok (It's part of the JML exception).

I really felt the need to share this because I know some of you like to go, or would like to go, to conventions or other large fan events and I want to make sure you're aware and to be careful.

Yes, the artist in question apparently found out the painful way, this is messed up stuff. Again, be careful...

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

Yes, the artist in question apparently found out the painful way, this is messed up stuff.

Jeebus H. Fark! I haven't heard of anyone doing that since the 70s/80s, when hospitals would voluntarily X-ray your kids' Halloween hauls for razors and pins. That is sick. Ugh.

On 3/15/2017 at 4:24 PM, Scotty said:

I figured when you said sleek supercar look for the ships. I have an alt who's Amarr as well and is more combat oriented skill wise, can fly cov-ops and stealth bombers and has some strat cruiser skills though I haven't had the ISK to buy a strat cruiser. My main is Caldari and is more on the industrial side, mining, manufacturing, research. She's got enough combat skills to fly Drake Army.

I played for a month at the end of last year, scrounged up enough ISK from both characters to buy a plex, but when that ran out I just found it tough to do much as an alpha clone, there weren't many skills that I could train, the best ship I could fly was a Caracal and because my diplomacy was limited to level 1 (I have level 4 trained) my standings with the Gallente is in the negative (the friends I play with base near Dodixie mainly because their standings with the other factions are shoot on sight due to them having run faction warfare and lowsec ganking) I couldn't get anything better than level 1 missions.

I left off playing shortly before my main toon hit 3 years. I recall hitting Minmatar Titan V on her, and I was capable of flying Gallente, Amarr, and Minmatar dreads. Don't think I had capital-grade laser weapons, though, which meant I could only sit in Revs.

Not necessarily safe for work. Spoiler space added.

I just got reminded of this. This is a Danish brand of condoms. I am not precisely a frequent customer for these so I had forgotten it existed. Someone kindly posted it on the "Americans in Denmark" Facebook group.

PIm03sw.jpg

WHAT THE ACTUAL. You know.