• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ijuin

Things that make you go WTF

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Signore Mlunatico is getting a real deal on some Nike foot ware.

I was hoping he was getting some ex Italian Air force Nike Herc missile, but no such luck.

While awesome, I suppose he didn't feel it would look good attached to the Veyron. Mind you, a good way to get some respect even from Italian drivers.

A friend of mine once got spam offering cheap surplus parachutes. He commented that among the things he would never dream of buying as cheap surplus, parachutes came close to heading the list.

15 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

A friend of mine once got spam offering cheap surplus parachutes. He commented that among the things he would never dream of buying as cheap surplus, parachutes came close to heading the list.

I know several costumers who would love the yards and yards of silk fabric a parachute would entail!

5 hours ago, CritterKeeper said:

I know several costumers who would love the yards and yards of silk fabric a parachute would entail!

But possibly not for jumping from a plane in the case of a cheap parachute of uncertain age, quality and maintenance.

Signore Mlunatico looks like he won a contest to get a free supply of Pasta for a whole year, has a mini laptop he some how forgot to pick up, is going to convert his tub into a shower (I assume in the 2nd bath in the house, not the one he just had refurbished) but has to decided between 2 contractors for the conversion.

I just had a dream that made me go WTF but which I in retrospect have to admit was really freaking cool. I was watching a Star Wars spinoff show in which Doc and Roger of The Whiteboard fame were somehow the main characters. They stole a flying APC by fast talking the pilot, then started modifying it literally on the fly while being pursued by Stormtroopers on speeder bikes. Roger was in the engine, taking things apart and putting them back together in what he called 'more exciting' ways and Doc was calling suggestions of how to proceed to him while putting the flying APC through wild aerobatics and returning fire on the Stormtroopers. They somehow lost the pursuit and landed the APC at a place that looked like a small airfield and barracks with random tech scattered about. As they left the APC Sandy got into their faces and asked them, "Are you two idiots trying to start a war?" and Doc replied, "Well, technically we are already in the middle of one."

Then I woke up and went WTF one more time when I realised with what terrifying ease you could fit Doc and Roger into the Star Wars continuity.

3 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Then I woke up and went WTF one more time when I realised with what terrifying ease you could fit Doc and Roger into the Star Wars continuity.

Send this idea to the real doc.  The one that rights the comic, not  medical doctor, just to be clear here.

In the early morning hours of 06 February, 1952, Britain's George VI died in his sleep.  At that point, Princess Elizabeth ascended to the throne as Queen Elizabeth II.

Today is the 65th, or Sapphire, Anniversary for the reign of Elizabeth II.

And to commemorate this event, BBC America has scheduled an entire day of Trek and Doctor Who reruns instead of the histories, documentaries, and celebrations a less creative mind might broadcast on a day like this.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot indeed.

On 1/20/2017 at 1:02 AM, mlooney said:

My Italian twin now seems to owe Vodafone 35 and change Euros.  Must have burned up some airtime in his Bugatti Veyron.  I hope he paid is ticket off as well.  He does seem to have a more exciting life style than I do.

I am missing the post where you introduce what is going on here.

Seeing #boycottbudwiser trending on twitter.

I wonder if Anheuser-Busch has been notified that someone's attempting to infringe on their copyright. At least people are boycotting those fakes.

Seriously, WTF?

11 hours ago, Drachefly said:

I am missing the post where you introduce what is going on here.

For reasons I don't know I get a lot of spam in Italian.  I have assumed that I have and Italian twin and that he really gets every thing that is in the spam.  And that he wins what ever contest they have.  This started when I got a spam for a contest to win a Veryon.

Latest thing for Mlunatico.  Cheap auto insurance, to include "crystal" coverage.  I'm going to assume that means where we have glass, he has crystal.

Either that or Google translate is just a bit off key today.

This was to me, not my Italian twin.  A "job offer" from the Washington DC metro police.

Yeah, a 57 year old bipolar sociopath with Asperger's would make a GREAT cop.  What the actual fork?

16 hours ago, mlooney said:

This was to me, not my Italian twin.  A "job offer" from the Washington DC metro police.

Yeah, a 57 year old bipolar sociopath with Asperger's would make a GREAT cop.  What the actual fork?

Yeah no kidding, the jail cells would be full of people who made puns in your presence. ;)

16 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah no kidding, the jail cells would be full of people who made puns in your presence. ;)

Arrest punsters?  Nope, that isn't my style.  That's what they make pepper spray and/or various things made by TASER Self Defense, INC for.  Or in, in really extreme cases, things patented by John Moses Browning

It seems that Mlunatico is getting a MasterCard with, and I quote "elegant embossing" on it.

With this set of features:

• Without income demonstrable control
  • Without financial health
  • safely abroad account
  • Free refills via transfer
  • immediate availability
  • InstantTransfer exclusive only by VIABUY

Not quite sure what all of those mean, but it could be that Google Translate has issues with credit card terms.

1 minute ago, mlooney said:

It seems that Mlunatico is getting a MasterCard with, and I quote "elegant embossing" on it.

With this set of features:

• Without income demonstrable control
  • Without financial health
  • safely abroad account
  • Free refills via transfer
  • immediate availability
  • InstantTransfer exclusive only by VIABUY

Not quite sure what all of those mean, but it could be that Google Translate has issues with credit card terms.

The free refills either means it's a prepaid card and there's no extra fees for reloading it, but it could also mean you don't get charged for repaying balances.

The first two features sound like your income and financial situation doesn't matter which further implies that it's a prepaid card and not a credit card.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

The first two features sound like your income and financial situation doesn't matter which further implies that it's a prepaid card and not a credit card.

It could also be a "secured" credit card, which combines the worse aspects of a debit card and a credit card in one package, but I suspect you are right.

17 hours ago, mlooney said:

Where does it say that the employment would be in the role of a cop? Does the phrase "The Italian Job" ring a bell?

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Where does it say that the employment would be in the role of a cop? Does the phrase "The Italian Job" ring a bell?

I've deleted the spam, but yeah, it was about being a Metro Police officer.  Was in English and used the name "J. Michael" in the text of it.  I suspect it was really a phishing thing, but that's what the text and images on it talked about.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I did a check and Mastercard does make prepaid cards

My disability payments go to a prepaid MasterCard, so I know they exist.  I've run into a lot of places that seem to have issues with it, in that it only works if you run it as a debit card, which some online processors do not or can not do.  This is odd, because I know, from first hand experience, that running as debit should be your default, mainly because the fees you get charged for using the card are lower. Meh.