• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ijuin

Things that make you go WTF

Mlunatico is getting yet another car.  This time a Range Rover Evoque Urban Attitude Edition.  Both Clarkson and May have reviewed this one (on Top Gear) and they both really liked it.  Only 37,400 Euros, which is quite a good deal.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Mlunatico is getting yet another car.  This time a Range Rover Evoque Urban Attitude Edition.  Both Clarkson and May have reviewed this one (on Top Gear) and they both really liked it.  Only 37,400 Euros, which is quite a good deal.

Damn but that guy is living in the fast lane. I could start to get really envious of him. o.O

38 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Sorta mundane, but Mlunatico is getting 500 Euros worth of groceries the the COOP stores this week.  Assuming he eats like I do thats a months worth or more.

"Groceries" at the CO-OP stores here amount to animal feeds and other farming related stuff, so 500 Euros for that wouldn't do me much good other than possibly hanging the birdfeeder back up outside.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

"Groceries" at the CO-OP stores here amount to animal feeds and other farming related stuff, so 500 Euros for that wouldn't do me much good other than possibly hanging the birdfeeder back up outside.

The photo shows people in food for humans store.

It might just be because I don't live in a rural area any more, so I don't see them but I thought CO-OP was out of business.

[edit] Never mind.  Google says they are still around, and there is in fact one in the Tulsa metro area.  Granted it's in Coweta which is on the edge of the metro area.

Just now, mlooney said:

It might just be because I don't live in a rural area any more, so I don't see them but I thought CO-OP was out of business.

It might be that the Canadian CO-OP is a separate entity from the American one.

1 minute ago, Scotty said:

It might be that the Canadian CO-OP is a separate entity from the American one.

Maybe, but Google says they are still in business anyway.  One in the Tulsa metro area even.

Just now, mlooney said:

Maybe, but Google says they are still in business anyway.  One in the Tulsa metro area even.

And Google tells me that there's a human food CO-OP in London Ontario, it deals in organic, fair trade foods though.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

And Google tells me that there's a human food CO-OP in London Ontario, it deals in organic, fair trade foods though.

The first time I ever saw the COOP brand was on a tray of eggs in the supermarket. Ever since I have imagined them as a sinister megacorporation operating out of a gigantic chicken coop.

1 minute ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I thought CO-OP was a generic term form any Co-Operative business or association

It is, which is why I made a point to hiphenate it when I posted

Mlunatico seems to be joining the Italian version of AAA.  Comes with a free emergency kit for his car.  Better get 3, to go in all the cars he has.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

Mlunatico seems to be joining the Italian version of AAA.  Comes with a free emergency kit for his car.  Better get 3, to go in all the cars he has.

At least it's not AA, then it'd be likely he wouldn't be driving those cars for a while.

13 minutes ago, The Old Hack said:

Join the AADA instead. Be safe. Drive offensively.

They released a box set version of Classic Car Wars a few years ago, at quite reasonable prices.  Nice thing, the cars came precut.

5 minutes ago, mlooney said:

They released a box set version of Classic Car Wars a few years ago, at quite reasonable prices.  Nice thing, the cars came precut.

We played the crap out of that game. Then we got GURPS Car Wars and for a while we roleplayed the crap out of that instead. I miss these times.

Table top lead miniatures and cardboard cut out accessories on the hexagonal print found on the inside of a Sonic burger wrapper with shiny plastic caltrops disguised as platonic solids.

And to think kids these days would rather play games on the phone.

The problem with roleplaying is getting a group together to do it, which seems to be more and more difficult these days with people having asynchronous schedules.

Today's Grrl Power. It's like the past few pages were "I'm going to make it really dark for everyone" then today "Boop, now we can be lighthearted again!"

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

Today's Grrl Power. It's like the past few pages were "I'm going to make it really dark for everyone" then today "Boop, now we can be lighthearted again!"

It's been a bit of an emotional whipsaw, I'll give it that.  Now if The Dan will do the same with EGS I'll be some what happier.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

It's been a bit of an emotional whipsaw, I'll give it that.  Now if The Dan will do the same with EGS I'll be some what happier.

The thing about today's Grrl Power, is it makes me understand why Dan doesn't want time travel in EGS, what Krona did amounts to an "undo button" which basically means David Barrack can have main characters get into deadly situations as long as Krona's there to create a save point for them. And you know there will be people that will say "Why didn't they call Krona up before they went in?" if something does happen and someone gets killed.

With EGS, Dan has to really thinking about what he wants to happen to characters, and if it's something really bad, he's gotta be able to commit to it. At best, he can do something and then say it was a dream or that it was an Immortal that used their foresight to deduce the chances of something bad happening. Then again, while we have evidence of healing magic being possible, we're not sure if resurrection magic is. It'd be interesting if someone were to cast Life3* on a character before they went into danger.

*A spell in Final Fantasy 6 that could be precast on a character, then if said character died, they were instantly revived. Though, there were a lot of times when that happened only for them to get immediately killed again because the enemy would use a group attack ability or spell before I could have someone heal them.

Mlunatico has just gotten a new cell phone plan, with data plan that has 20 mbs rate.    It also has a weird "feature", in that out bound calls are unlimited and free, but calling some one back, I assume that's what they mean by "reply" is 0.20 euros.  Or it could mean that a call to that phone cost 0.20 euros, Google translate is often a bit weird, so I'm not sure exactly what that means.

59 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Mlunatico has just gotten a new cell phone plan, with data plan that has 20 mbs rate.    It also has a weird "feature", in that out bound calls are unlimited and free, but calling some one back, I assume that's what they mean by "reply" is 0.20 euros.  Or it could mean that a call to that phone cost 0.20 euros, Google translate is often a bit weird, so I'm not sure exactly what that means.

It means it is a phone company scam they like to offer to places that have a ton of incoming calls, like information centers or public services offices. They get the plan for next to nothing and can call out all they like while the people who call them for help get fleeced. Since inbound traffic for such places is invariably much bigger than outbound, the company offering this 'bargain' makes a mint off it. I guess this means Signor Mlunatico has a lot of inbound calls offering him stuff to buy.