• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Illjwamh

Story: Monday, Oct. 11, 2021

Given that he was not only called a fossil, but does not know the word “dinosaur” (a 19th century coining), Abraham is a distinct possibility. Also, he would have been revived by Magus’ use of the Dewitchery Diamond and the Diamond’s subsequent destruction—it is reasonable that Wolf would want to consult him regarding Magus, since Magus is inhabiting a body that was created by the Diamond.

I wonder if it's possible to define the parameters for the spells put into new wands, now that spell parameters are manual. If not, the new wands are going to require not insignificant training anyway.

Defining the parameters is likely to be itself a manual operation, meaning that Arthur (and Tedd) will first have to train themselves.

Also, I thought of an additional reason why Wolf might refer to Abraham as a fossil—Abraham’s chosen method of magical stasis was to turn himself into stone until triggered by someone activating the Diamond.

I'm 99% sure that one of the off screen voices is Abraham.  I'm 80% sure that the other voice is someone we haven't seen before.  The other 20% is leaning towards her being Noriko.

Abraham as the aforementioned fossil makes sense to me

But I am wary of any any suggestion of Tedd's mom stateside

I expect that the Mother and Child Reunion is more than a motion away, regardless of what Paul Simon said

Also, Noriko is one of the world's greatest Monster Hunters

Not a Normalish Human Criminal investigator

- - - - - 

When we first heard details about the not-change changes, I was thinking that people with magic would treat this event as an academic exercise and carefully practice their spells until they could use them safely again

But that is not how most people react

There are going to be quite a few former magic users who will become debris (maybe even da cheddar)

Even more frustrated magicians afraid to use their own magic because they don't know how to control it

And a huge pile of "new" magical artifacts that range from "simply will not work for most people" to "Unpredictable violent results for any user"

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Details

10 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

I've been thinking that the "trainee" is Jay.

Jay is a high school student, hardly the type of person that would be trainee three letter agency agent.

Both the problems of nepotism and age occurred to me, but Arthur is working with a very limited resource. Despite the number we know of, magical persons are rare, wizards even rarer. Sometimes one is stuck with Hobson's choice.

But I won't insist that it's Jay. The mystery hair and the attitude made me think of her, but Dan's been very good at throwing me off the scent in the past.

I still think she is a totally  new person.  Could be wrong, but The Dan has a habit, much like real life, when a new person is needed, it will be a new person.  He is aware of this and has said he's working on being better about introducing new characters at the drop of a hat.

3 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Both the problems of nepotism and age occurred to me, but Arthur is working with a very limited resource. Despite the number we know of, magical persons are rare, wizards even rarer. Sometimes one is stuck with Hobson's choice.

But I won't insist that it's Jay. The mystery hair and the attitude made me think of her, but Dan's been very good at throwing me off the scent in the past.

I was more referring to the idea that he would be straining to treat her exactly like every other trainee, without showing any favoritism or appearing protective of her.

Depending on what year of high school she is, I could see her in a sort of intern program. Though I doubt it's Jay. Basically for the nepotism reasons mentioned before

1 hour ago, Drasvin said:

Basically for the nepotism reasons mentioned before

And, of course, that she is estranged from her grandfather.
1615595726-1904-p-Q7-lsffdghgh.png

Note that Jay is stated to be presently attending college—she is a contemporary of Rhea and Luke rather than our group of high school seniors.

Anyway, aside from her thinking of Arthur as “The Devil”, Jay doesn’t seem like the kind of personality who would like to work for government—she wouldn’t like the discipline required.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Note that Jay is stated to be presently attending college

Jay is stated that she will be attending college but is currently a senior at south with Grace and Diane.