• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Calling someone a “scrub” normally means saying that they are fit only for scrubbing (i.e. cleaning) duties due to extreme newness, incompetence, or naivete. Thus, the recent use of the phrase “scrub trash” would mean that the people in question are being described as extremely ignorant or naive, as in they not only don’t know what they are doing, but have also until now been ignorant of their own ignorance.

Based on Dan's commentary, the 'scrub trash' part will be on the next page. Though I'm not sure if it'll be a serious issue in Tedd's method or just a humorous annoyance that Dr Germahn ran into.

It's also possible that Tedd has destroyed the glove because it doesn't work the way he though it should.  Of course there is nothing to stop him from making another one now that it's needed again.

While he seems to treat Amanda well, Dr Germahn may be from the academic tradition that treats interns (especially other researcher's interns) like livestock

Thus, until obtaining a terminal degree and tenure, Tedd is scrub trash

Yes, he may see Tedd as too junior to be permitted such unorthodox thought—apprentices are supposed to absorb the thought patterns of those who are more experienced, not ponder things that are “beyond them”.

I don't think he is going to think that Tedd shouldn't be allowed things beyond his nominal station, assuming he know that Tedd is a seer and that Dr. Germahn  knows what a seer is and how rare they are.