• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

NP Saturday November, 13, 2021

15 hours ago, mlooney said:

Not every body is a punster.  Way to many are, however.  Plus /me likes putting all the stars, underlines, red ink and elder signs on the list as needed.

Re: "Not everybody is a punster" - Research is proceeding, and there are some promising techniques to mitigate this deficiency. I personally like the humor transplant work that is being done at Sacred Heart. The edibles distribution of the Bad Humor Ice Cream Company might be more up your alley, given your view of the nature of puns. Don't loose hope, there is a cure on the way.

Re: "Way to many are, however." - I agree, the competition is intense. You get ready to roll out a good pun, and someone likely has beaten you to it. [WARNING: viewing the words 'good' and 'pun' in conjunction may cause aneurysms in the pun-sensitive. If you read that previous sentence, and feel you may be a member of this demographic, you should probably lie down at take a nap.]

Re: "Plus /me likes putting all the stars, underlines, red ink and elder signs on the list as needed." - Dude, do what you gotta do, but I honestly don't think summoning Cthulhu is appropriate to our era. Why bother? What can he bring to the table that isn't already being done? Yeah sure, it would be entertaining for a few weeks while he gets interviewed on The Late Show and becomes another Fox News talking head, but then we're back to the same old grind. You got better things to do.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Re: "Plus /me likes putting all the stars, underlines, red ink and elder signs on the list as needed." - Dude, do what you gotta do, but I honestly don't think summoning Cthulhu is appropriate to our era.

The Elder Sign is protection from The Great Old Ones.  Doesn't summon them.
https://lovecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Elder_Sign

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Does it work against MAGAts? Or are cultists not covered?

Cultists are generally not affected by seals, sigils or summon spells. They are just regular humans with a weird pointy hood or possibly a red baseball cap. They are mostly only dangerous in large numbers but tend to be for all intents and purposes mindlessly loyal to the cult leader. They certainly can't be reasoned with.

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

They certainly can't be reasoned with.

At one time, in the 60s and 70s, a certain hirsute newscaster could deal with them quite successfully. Unfortunately, we no longer have a Hairy Reasoner.

On 14/11/2021 at 8:58 AM, Darth Fluffy said:

Does it work against MAGAts? Or are cultists not covered?

No, but it might work against the "great" orange one.

7 hours ago, ijuin said:

Shouldn’t we call him the “great again” one? :D

"great again" doesn't really fit with the "great old ones" vibe

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Well, there is the I don't want the earth destroyed aspect ...

That, unfortunately, is a risk with some more extreme human candidates as well.