• Announcements

    • Robin

      Welcome!   03/05/2016

      Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Saturday, November 20, 2021

Recommended Posts

And we get a canon cannon!  So who ever this is matters.  The next question is the "continued"  mean next week or much later?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did, on Discord, get Word of God that this is a new person, not some one that we have seen before in another context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mlooney said:

this is a new person, not some one that we have seen before in another context

When Pandora returns to the mortal plane, she will be different than than she has appeared before.  Maybe that counts as a new person?

Stretching?  Not as much as my first thought that this was Noriko.

 - - - - - 

 . 

 . 

 . 

And I still want to see Pirate Grace with her cannon in a regular story comic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

When Pandora returns to the mortal plane, she will be different than than she has appeared before.  Maybe that counts as a new person?

Stretching?  Not as much as my first thought that this was Noriko.

The Dan said it was a new person that he hadn't even designed yet, so it's unlikely to be either of those.
 

 

55 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

And I still want to see Pirate Grace with her cannon in a regular story comic

That would be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of course Grace wouldn't be a _real_ pirate, she not the type to get all into the plundering and stealing sort of stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mlooney said:

Of course Grace wouldn't be a _real_ pirate

Now we're gate keeping who is a "Real" pirate?

Personally, I think Grace would make an excellent addition to the crew of The Pirates of Penzance

If she has the vocal range for a Wagnerian Bass-Baritone, she might be perfect as the Pirate King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Disney had some of the best animated Pirates ever in 1953's Peter Pan and some classic live action Pirates in 1950's Treasure Island

Apparently the intellectual property guardians who so fiercely defend Disney against any perceived outside threat can not do anything to save themselves from within

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Now we're gate keeping who is a "Real" pirate?

Well, piracy is ordinarily defined as robbery on the seas. Is someone a pirate if they do not commit or attempt to commit piracy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Maybe she could be a Pittsburgh Pirate and be content with stealing bases?

I'm not sure how MLB would deal with magic users.  I suspect that magic is going on the list of "performance enhancing" stuff and be banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'm not sure how MLB would deal with magic users.  I suspect that magic is going on the list of "performance enhancing" stuff and be banned

Just like the bans on other performance enhancing stuff have been so well enforced by MLB and sports in general

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Maybe she could be a Pittsburgh Pirate and be content with stealing bases?

Out here we have the Oakland Raiders (soon to be the Las Vegas Raiders), whose logo is a pirate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

How do you test for it?

Presumably, the testing wand Edward and Noriko used repeatedly on infant Tedd was the best available, and infant Tedd was able to block the readings just because the noise it made upset him.

Why do I suspect that the testing equipment teams use (especially high school and minor league teams) won't be as sophisticated as that which is available to a top FBI agent, a world class monster hunter, and an Elf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Presumably, the testing wand Edward and Noriko used repeatedly on infant Tedd was the best available, and infant Tedd was able to block the readings just because the noise it made upset him.

Why do I suspect that the testing equipment teams use (especially high school and minor league teams) won't be as sophisticated as that which is available to a top FBI agent, a world class monster hunter, and an Elf?

Seems like they'd be blowing the secret if they acknowledged the ability to magically enhance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tedd was able to block it because of Seer abilities. Ordinary Mages or Wizards presumably can only do so rarely, if at all, or else Noriko, Edward, or Raven would have thought of the possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If she has the vocal range for a Wagnerian Bass-Baritone, she might be perfect as the Pirate King

Never thought about it before, but if she can morph her vocal cords, she can have any range she wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Never thought about it before, but if she can morph her vocal cords, she can have any range she wants.

Or by morphing on the fly, she can have all the ranges more or less at once.  Go from infrasonic to ultrasonic in one take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ijuin said:

Out here we have the Oakland Raiders (soon to be the Las Vegas Raiders), whose logo is a pirate.

Raiders are a subset of pirates, assuming you don't mean the military types.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this