• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Pharaoh RutinTutin

Story Monday November 22, 2021

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-086

On November 22, 2021 Dan Shive Said:

"I would consider it a personal favor if people reacting to this page in various places could avoid getting into arguments about the USA's second amendment"

Well, that's gonna take some of the bang out of this thread

. . . . . 

If someone has hurt or violated the rights of another person, then the powers that be are justified in punishing the first person.  At least they would want to keep tabs on that person and limit their rights

But what if that person has the ability to hurt or violate the rights of another, but has not yet done so?  What if that person does not yet have that ability but could develop that ability? 

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But what if that person has the ability to hurt or violate the rights of another, but has not yet done so?  What if that person does not yet have that ability but could develop that ability?

Everybody has the ability to hurt some one or violate the rights of others.  Until and unless they actively do something to violate the rights of others there isn't much the powers that be can do about it.  The whole of American jurisprudence is more or less based on that.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

To harm another person unprovoked is the one right that nobody should have. As for “could potentially develop but hasn’t”, that is why they are trying to prevent too many people from learning how to Awaken—they fear a flood of people like Not-Tengu who, as Edward said, was completely unremarkable except for having stumbled upon the means to realize his twisted power fantasies.

Keeping information secret isn't the same as mass arrests of people that "might do something bad because they know something".  You could even make sharing the information a crime, but not, in general knowing something.  Current US law is like that.  It's not illegal to know about military secrets, however it is illegal to share them.

Yeah, but that falls into the you have to do something to get the information.  If out of the blue, someones tells you a piece of classified information, you are not subject to arrest.  The person that told you is however.