• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Thursday November 25, 2021

NP Thursday November 25, 2021

That does not seem like a phrase Diane would use for Grace appearing upset or depressed. I think of 'What crawled up your butt?' as being directed at someone unnecessarily prickly and antagonistic.

Bruce Almighty has a butt monkey, but it crawls out first.

While the details regarding the lab are likely omitted, everyone in the High School who knows of Grace is probably aware that she comes from a sheltered, probably home schooled, background.  But that is too vague and Grace can not really be honest with people who don't already know.

Diane is probably a relief to Grace, to have at least one more person with whom she can be honest at the school besides Nanase, Ellen, Justin & Prof Raven

This would also be a contributing factor to her early enthusiasm for tricking Rhoda and Catalina into revealing their magical secrets

- - - - 

As for blaming production delays on Holidays that are scheduled years in advance?  I went to an Ash Wednesday afternoon service over a decade ago.  I blamed it for being late for work that day, and I still blame it every time I'm late for something.  Fifteen minutes late in February messes up the rest of your life

11 hours ago, mlooney said:

Diane is blunt at times.  She probably saw Grace last strip and wanted to know why Grace, of all people, was being violent.

This is true. I bet they all read EGS and learn about each other.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Fifteen minutes late in February messes up the rest of your life

This sounds vaguely true as well. If you are late for your own demise, will you be immortal? That would be a subset of the Woody Allen option.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:
23 hours ago, mlooney said:

Diane is blunt at times.  She probably saw Grace last strip and wanted to know why Grace, of all people, was being violent.

This is true. I bet they all read EGS and learn about each other.

Diane know that Grace was freaked out by finding out about WWII.  She should know, via Rhoda if nothing else, that Grace is a pacifist.

41 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Diane know that Grace was freaked out by finding out about WWII.  She should know, via Rhoda if nothing else, that Grace is a pacifist.

I dunno; did she take part in the annual post mass-slaughter devouring of the turkeys? (I, sadly, did not have gravy with mine. Was still good.)

It could have been worse.

I didn't do turkey this year.  Had a nice beef roast, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, broccoli and cherry pie.  My brother and I did the cooking and my niece did the cleanup.  Plus it was her apartment we were using.  Had minimal leftovers, mainly beef and pie, as 3 people really can't eat a whole pie in one sitting.  I'm having it for lunch and supper today.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I didn't do turkey this year.  Had a nice beef roast, mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus, broccoli and cherry pie.  My brother and I did the cooking and my niece did the cleanup.  Plus it was her apartment we were using.  Had minimal leftovers, mainly beef and pie, as 3 people really can't eat a whole pie in one sitting.  I'm having it for lunch and supper today.

Sounds delicious. I brought a sweet potato pie, was from the store, I did not bake it. Not sure if I've seen those elsewhere, it is common here. Sort of like a heavier version of pumpkin pie.

Best dish was a salad with slices of Brussels sprouts. I've never seen that done before, they were really good.

The pie was, in theory, home made, however it was with bought pie dough and canned filling, so really all it was "home assembled and cooked".  Followed the directions on the back of the filling can more or less to the letter.

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe - Carl Sagan

Well, depends on what stage you start with.

Don't bother

The last time this happened, things didn't turn out so well

In The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Douglas Adams said:

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This had made many people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The last time this happened, things didn't turn out so well

Depends on who and when you ask.  Like this morning, after a good nights sleep and a nice cup of tea at my side it's not to bad.  Even if I'm a bit sleepy still.