• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

Comic for Monday, Nov 29, 2021

Here is.

Looks like we are back to "real time", which I believe is up to Wednesday after the party.  Might be Thursday.

Good to see that Tedd understands why their father might not want to expose Grace to Arthur however.

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-088

Tedd, at least at some level, understands why his father and Arthur do not like or trust each other while simultaneously respecting each other

If they had not been working for the Government, they would have made excellent Mob Bosses within the same organization.  Neither one willing to betray or back stab the other until they were absolutely certain they would get away with it.

So while not an entirely reliable ally, it is in Arthur's best interest to treat Tedd well.  For now.

But remember this, Tedd lived the role of "Outsider" through most of the adolescent years.  Will Tedd have enough interpersonal experience and political skill to know when Arthur, or some other senior agency bureaucrat, changes their opinion of Tedd from "Valuable Tool" to "Disposable Tool"?

As for neither Arthur nor Edward being arborists?  Why not?  Didn't Moperville earn the "Tree City USA" designation?  Wasn't everyone in town indoctrinated into the Timber Cult?  I hope I'm not the only survivor of growing up in that type of small Midwestern city.

4 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Will Tedd have enough interpersonal experience and political skill to know when Arthur, or some other senior agency bureaucrat, changes their opinion of Tedd from "Valuable Tool" to "Disposable Tool"?

I suspect that running a government supervised lab in college will give them enough experience to deal with bureaucracy.  At least after a few years any way.

13 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

On the theory that Moperville is Naperville, IL, yes, yes they did.

So, that's where they hired the Ents for TLotR?

16 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

On the theory that Moperville is Naperville, IL, yes, yes they did.

I was surprised to find that Tulsa not only is a tree city but has been for over 25 years.  Granted there are tons of "up with trees" spots in town.

On 11/29/2021 at 11:54 AM, ijuin said:

Good to see that Tedd has the maturity to realize that both Arthur and Edward’s viewpoints are neither always right nor always wrong.

Indeed. Tedd's ability to see both sides of the argument, and Edward's apparent belief in the rights of the individual, give me hope that Dan intends for them to eventually reconcile.

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Indeed. Tedd's ability to see both sides of the argument, and Edward's apparent belief in the rights of the individual, give me hope that Dan intends for them to eventually reconcile.

I think it's likely that they will reconcile in this arc.