• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Tuesday November 30, 2021

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Hopeful Assessment:  The author has so far avoided frequent use of video game references in the primary story comic

Deeply Thankful:  There is that.  And I hope he keeps it that way.

Curious: Why does this particular cultural reference matter? Would other media be viewed similarly? Sports references? Regionally specific references?

Puzzled: I sometimes find it odd when an old broadcast show is referenced, and I get it, but then I think about most of the readers have never seen the show.

Dan doesn't do that much, I've seen it elsewhere. He did bring up Star Wars movie issues that date way back. I was very surprised over this past Thanksgiving that I had to explain to one of my own children who is nearly forty what "Han shot first" is all about. He'd never seen the original. Sad, it was a good scene, and mushing it out did not improve anything.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I was very surprised over this past Thanksgiving that I had to explain to one of my own children who is nearly forty what "Han shot first" is all about.

When Disney bought Lucas Arts and Leia became, technically, a Disney Princess there was a meme floating around about Leia not wanting to be a Disney Princess.  My youngest niece said she didn't know who the new princess was, but agreed with her.  My brother made sure that she saw the original trilogy as soon as possible after that.

Screenshot%202021-12-01%20at%2009-23-08%

34 minutes ago, ijuin said:

With Marvel being acquired by Disney, and the recent female incarnation of The Mighty Thor, that would mean that Thor is also now a Disney Princess.

Not to mention a Disney Talking Animal.