• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Friday, December 3, 2021

1 hour ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/balance-088

So, where did you think Tedd and Elliot were? I thought they were walking home from school at first.

There is a faint horizontal line in panel two, looks line a floor line, so indoors. Tedd's house has more features, they must still be at school. It is a private conversation, so maybe they found an empty room.

The important question is what to name their club. "Defenders of Moperville" seems like it's on track, but a bit pretentious. And there is always "Magic, Inc"

The line “that’s not fair to Justin” seems to imply that Elliot is acknowledging that Tedd and Elliot fit under the “Magical Girls” description.

8 minutes ago, ijuin said:

The line “that’s not fair to Justin” seems to imply that Elliot is acknowledging that Tedd and Elliot fit under the “Magical Girls” description.

Oh, of course he does.  He even had the epiphany that he loved his girl form, which resulted in him getting an as yet unknown spell.

3 hours ago, ProfessorTomoe said:

I thought this line was the horizon.

I considered that. Seems too low, and lacks any features. There should be buildings and trees if they are outdoors, from what we've seen in the past. It could be a stylistic change. If there were no horizon, it could be fog; it might be fog anyway. Still going to guess 'indoors'. But, yeah, there is wiggle room.

As for where Elliot and Tedd are having this confidential discussion?  If it isn't in the main vault at Fort Knox, then someone unauthorized could hear them and those two are being reckless

As for what to call their club?  It is unfortunate that the Wand suit is only found in Tarot decks, not standard playing card decks.  That would open up the club name to all kinds of puns about Wands & Clubs and have numbers and royal titles as well

Could Cheerleadra get Tedd-like intelligence at the price of a Tedd-like physique? Didn't seem so from the original description, but that's been expanded quite a lot.

As to the group's name, "Pandora's Children" seems apropos, given the influence she's had on all of them. Or shorter: "Chaos' Kids."

11 hours ago, ijuin said:

They already have the “Charlotte’s Angels” group made up of Nanase, Ellen, and Diane.

Has Diane been added to that group?  Never mind, forgot about the looking for the cloaked figure.

8 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

As to the group's name, "Pandora's Children" seems apropos, given the influence she's had on all of them. Or shorter: "Chaos' Kids."

I like both of those.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for what to call their club?  It is unfortunate that the Wand suit is only found in Tarot decks, not standard playing card decks.  That would open up the club name to all kinds of puns about Wands & Clubs and have numbers and royal titles as well

Aren't Wands the Club analog in Tarot decks?

12 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

As for where Elliot and Tedd are having this confidential discussion?  If it isn't in the main vault at Fort Knox, then someone unauthorized could hear them and those two are being reckless

Accessing the main vault at Fort Knox would attract the kind of attention they are trying to avoid, as would unauthorized entry into a SCIF. They might be in a corner of Tedd's lab, but I'm still going to guess they found an empty room. I suppose you are right, I doubt they swept it for bugs. Tedd probably could if he thought of it and had time to prepare.

You would have to find a pair of decks the same size, but you could build your own Tarot and standard deck. At a guess, some vendor probably prints both on the same stock. Maybe you could find some kids game cards to add in.

11 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

I like that, I don't recall that they know her as Chaos. Maybe 'Out of the Box'?