• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday December 13, 2021

There are times when you may not have access to your cell and a pay phone would be helpful

The last time this happened to me, the pay phone I was using had so much background noise that I would have been better off not attempting to call at all

That pay phone had been removed from where it was within a matter of months

Now I'm wondering if I can find a phone booth. Remember the egg shaped ones, and Christopher Reeves's Superman stares at it because he can't change in it, then uses a revolving door? I bet those are all gone. The old school ones were better distributed, more numerous, and might still be hanging out in remote locations.

I understand in Britain, more than a few of the classic old Red phone booths have been converted into Automatic External Defibrillator stations because after the phones were removed it was cheaper to install the AED units rather than disconnect the electricity and remove the mostly glass structures

The Blue police call boxes have different uses . . . 

Edited by Pharaoh RutinTutin
Oops

34 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I checked the meme after posting, and they've moved on to cell phones, so their context is safe.

I was on the edge of my seat waiting on this information.

OK, I wasn't.

57 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I understand in Britain, more than a few of the classic old Red phone booths have been converted into Automatic External Defibrillator stations because after the phones were removed it was cheaper to install the AED units rather than disconnect the electricity and remove the mostly glass structures

The Blue police call boxes have different uses . . . 

Yes, they can transport a Time Lord anywhere in spacetime.

I only know where one old-fashioned phone booth is - and technically, that's as of about 3 years ago (but I doubt if it's been removed). It's outside the office of an RV park in a rural area of Montana, where not all cell-phone providers have coverage.