• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Other Random Comics

6 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The version of 20 questions where you don't have a subject in mind but just answer "yes" or "no" randomly (or to a predetermined pattern) and hope the resulting answers lead to a comprehensible solution

Original post has 17 answers.  Just saying.

On 10/25/2022 at 10:39 AM, mlooney said:

I never worked in food service other than a Wendy's while I was at UTEP, but I strongly suspect I would respond like this at least a few times, based on my exposure to customers in s Mac computer store.

https://somethingpositive.net/comic/well-she-asked/

My time in food service was split between cooking and working the orders/cash register, the latter of which I actually enjoyed. I was fortunate enough to never have encountered a dipshit like the one in the webtoon. No, I considered myself good at sales (I worked at a Whataburger in southeast Houston, the second-highest volume store in the city at the time), and I was really good at suggestive selling. In particular, I liked targeting machismo types out on dates with their arm candy. For example, when they placed their order for a Whataburger, I asked if they wanted to add a sliced jalapeño to it. Of course, they couldn't turn it down and risk looking like a wimp to their girl, nor could they turn down the chance to look even more macho by saying yes. I sold a hell of a lot of jalapeños, which were practically all profit margin (they cost us pretty much zero, and I think we made a quarter per pepper sold). Impressed the hell out of my boss. Don't know what my line cooks thought, but they never bitched.

Post disability retirement, Monday's aren't that big of a deal any more.  Back when I was working I would have responded much like Rat.

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I've wondered which animal is a surrogate for Stephan Pastis

Given what strip it is, Stephan Pastis is the surrogate for Stephan.

28 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Given what strip it is, Stephan Pastis is the surrogate for Stephan.

Not really. He rarely expresses real opinions through his character. He's more of a foil.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Not really. He rarely expresses real opinions through his character. He's more of a foil.

Point.  I suspect that Rat is his surrogate, maybe Goat, but not Pig.  And NOT the crocs.   

35 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Yet another homage.

Charles M. Schultz was born 100 years ago, so there is a recent flurry of these by a few of comic artists who have been influenced by Peanuts. To say his influence was massive is to understate it. 

I've been slowly making my way though the archives.  I'm up to April 1951.  This might take a while.

29 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I've been slowly making my way though the archives.  I'm up to April 1951.  This might take a while.

Fifty years of dailies; yeah, it might.

58 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Fifty years of dailies; yeah, it might.

I'm good for maybe 50-100 at time.  That's still only 1/4 of a year at a time.  That means, roughly, 200 reading sessions.  That is quite a time sink.  

Heh. In one of my stories, a weredog (Great Pyrenees) helped a woman through a PTSD attack by jumping onto her lap and snuggling her, then after he climbed down he observed that "Charles Schulz got at least one thing right." The comment went unexplained.