• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Other Random Comics

I don't get it. Seems like normal cat behavior. :P

Choo Choo Bear has oozed through the plumbing to two other comics, Queen of Wands (comic complete, you can read it in the archive; the main character, Kestrel moved to Boston and Something Positive) and Girls With Slingshots (recently started 2nd reboot, goopy kittys come later, or check previous set of the comic).

Vanessa's reaction actually does seem odd. This isn't even near abnormal for Something Positive.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

But does he Hate Mondays (tm)?

Explorer is a she, and she doesn't seem to care about Mondays at all.  Doesn't like lasagna either.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Explorer is a she, and she doesn't seem to care about Mondays at all.  Doesn't like lasagna either.

Right; you had posted a Get Fuzzy link featuring Bucky, the rhetorical question referred to him.

48 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Right; you had posted a Get Fuzzy link featuring Bucky, the rhetorical question referred to him.

Ah.  My bad.  I also mention Explorer in that link, so I was confused.  As far as I know Bucky doesn't care one way or the other about Monday.

3 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Ah.  My bad.  I also mention Explorer in that link, so I was confused.  As far as I know Bucky doesn't care one way or the other about Monday.

I agree, he's more of an equal opportunity grump.

2 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I agree, he's more of an equal opportunity grump.

He's not so much a grump as a self centered creature that isn't too bright.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

I identify more with Rob than Bucky.  Some days I feel sort like Satchel however.

Fair enough. Identifying with Bucky sounds warped. I would avoid such a person.

Hmm. I could say that about most comic characters, including many in comics I follow ...

I guess I identify with Calvin's Dad messing with Calvin.

This is an odd comic. The Chipmunks are not as popular as they were in their heyday, but they are still a valuable IP, having outlasted their creator by several decades. They had a hiatus (1972-1979) upon his death, but were willed to his family and taken over by his son, who has since expanded the scope of the franchise, if not it's popularity. I think it would be overly generous to say this comic intentionally refers to the hiatus, it seems just dumb.

Actual chipmunks don't last nearly that long, and as fictitious juvenile characters, they will never reach puberty unless the tone of the franchise changes (although, a love interest for each was introduced in 1983, so technically, the Argyle Sweater cartoon is exactly wrong, they reached puberty because their franchise was being revived, and was being updated for a new audience,)

Another oddity about The Chipmunks (not particularly referent to the Argyle Sweater cartoon, although it shares this) is they do not appear be chipmunks, which look pretty much like a small squirrel, but have very distinctive striped marks along their body. Arguably, The Chipmunks' (and Chippetes') stripes are hidden by their clothes. But, really, The Squirrels doesn't roll off the tongue nearly as well, does it? Good marketing, Ross.

They are distant cousins of Grace Sciuridae and Rocket J. Squirrel (Rocky, the Flying Squirrel). They are also apparently an unknown species of chipmunk, because they are far larger than most actual rodents that currently exist. Also, they talk and sing, not normal rodent behavior.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Well I said it was not unheard-OF.

It was definitely unheard (by humans).

You could hear it - you'd have to frequency shift it, so it wouldn't be the real sound, it would be a modified representation. Imagine recording it, then playing it back at a slower speed.