• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Other Random Comics

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

You could hear it - you'd have to frequency shift it, so it wouldn't be the real sound, it would be a modified representation. Imagine recording it, then playing it back at a slower speed.

That's not really a good frequency shift operation as that increases the time that the sound is being made as well.  

26 minutes ago, mlooney said:

That's not really a good frequency shift operation as that increases the time that the sound is being made as well.  

Well, your ear/brain cannot hear the actual sound, so anything you do to hear it will be a compromise. I think longer length that corresponds to the lowered frequencies is less of a hack job than truncating the representational sound to the previous length.

Here's an example, imagine a melody traditionally played on trumpets, interpreted on a tuba (or Google 'Dueling Tubas'). Do you want the flow of the original tune, which will last a bit longer, or do you want the length of the original notes, which will tend toward staccato when transposed?

I heard a different version of that. Takes a certain font though... imagine all the letters in "TEAM" - all caps - being very blocky and made out of balloons.

Then make the background of the letters - not the whole page, just the letters - a different color.

And you'll find a lower-case "i", right there in the a-hole.

I am working backward through Dark Side of the Horse. It is not a great comic; I've found less than 1% worth posting. Some of the gags are funny at first, but the author/artist reuses them; an elevator button does something weird; it does something else weird, just a little different. Many need to be searched for an obscure detail to get the joke.

Then I saw this. It is not an intrinsically great comic in it's own right, but it is an amazing homage to Don Martin, it nails his style! Nice work.

Don Martin was one of my favorite artists as a kid (me as a kid, not him).

17 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Would those modified rules apply at all levels?

How desperate for the University scholarship would a parent need to be to sign their kid up for the Junior level of this version of the Game?

Parents let their kids play American football at a fairly young age, despite the injury  risks.