• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Saturday December 18, 2021

NP Comic Saturday December 18, 2021, starring Pseudo-Justin, who is straight.

It's all about the Grace, 'bout the Grace, and Ellen. It's all about the Grace, 'bout the Grace, and Ellen.

It's all about the Grace, 'bout the Grace, and Ellen.  When she speaks it's all transparent, 'cause she uses prefix words.

Not a bit of confusion, she says what she really means (That's hot). She dates that girl Ellen, I think that is really cool beans. (That's hot)

(Repeat, or something)

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Eavesdropping is wrong

Unless you have a warrant, yes.

5 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

But talking so loudly that people not involved with your conversation can't avoid hearing is not good either

Very much so.

It's a parody of All About That Bass by Meghan Trainor. It was suggested by the circumstance, I don't claim it's a good parody.

Warning, I will not be supplying ear bleach it you choose to click the link. Proceed at your own risk!

The message is a positive statement of self assertion. The video adds a lot to understanding the lyrics.

Definitely not rap. I wouldn't call it dub-step either. It does seem to have dancing in mind, though.

Weird, there is a Home Free cover. (Please tell me you know Home Free.)

Here's a Star Wars spoof version. Another, a chemistry one.

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Warning, I will not be supplying ear bleach it you choose to click the link. Proceed at your own risk!

Why didn't I take your word for it!  While I don't need ear bleach, it's pretty bad.  Please tell me that this wasn't a hit.  If it is, I fear for modern pop music.

OK, the covers/spoof versions were better.  But with 3 of them that tells me that this was at least  slightly popular.   I fear for the current state of music.

43 minutes ago, mlooney said:

Why didn't I take your word for it!  While I don't need ear bleach, it's pretty bad.  Please tell me that this wasn't a hit.  If it is, I fear for modern pop music.

It was a hit, also evidenced by the multiple parodies. Oh, they acknowledge Hip Hop elements in the Wiki article. It's really not that bad, it won't be on my play list, but I don't cringe when it plays on the radio.

What is "good pop music"? Who do you like?

45 minutes ago, mlooney said:

OK, the covers/spoof versions were better.  But with 3 of them that tells me that this was at least  slightly popular.   I fear for the current state of music.

Actually the Home Free version was not a spoof, although some of their stylings are spoofish.

Compare:

Man of Constant Sorrow

The Gambler

Sea Shanty Medley

They have a good selection of Christmas music.

3 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What is "good pop music"? Who do you like?

Short list, more or less in order

• Blue Oyster Cult
  • The Warning
  • REO Speedwagon
  • Styx
  • Rush
  • Savatage
  • DragonForce
  • Warren Zevon
  • Simon & Garfunkel 
  • BabyMetal
  • John Denver

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Short list, more or less in order

• Blue Oyster Cult
  • The Warning
  • REO Speedwagon
  • Styx
  • Rush
  • Savatage
  • DragonForce
  • Warren Zevon
  • Simon & Garfunkel 
  • BabyMetal
  • John Denver

It is an odd list, for being fairly varied. It's like points of interest, with huge gaps, and a slant toward metal.

I've heard of The Warning, but can't place any tunes. I don't know Savatage, nor DragonForce, nor BabyMetal.

The Warning - Mexican chicks cover band. I need to check this out.

Savatage - First called Avatar, OK, that rings a bell. TSO is a branch-off. Cool, I like TSO.

DragonForce - I was expecting something like Gwar, but no, they're a conventional metal band based in London.

BabyMetal - is a Japanese kawaii metal band - another girl band. I see a trend here. I not only have not heard of the band, I have not heard of the genre. Although, Japan, shouldn't be surprised. I like the description of the three members, vocal and dance, scream and dance, scream and dance. This strikes me as an acquired taste. Clicking links can be hazardous to your mental health.

Only Simon with Garfunkel?

18 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

The Warning - Mexican chicks cover band. I need to check this out.

The quit being a cover band a while ago.  They have 2 albums and an EP that is a proto album out.  Despite being Mexican they do 95% of their music in English

18 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Only Simon with Garfunkel?

.Yes.  I don't like his solo career.