• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
mlooney

NP Comic for Thursday, Dec 23, 2021

Here is
It's sorta amusing to me that more people think that Grace is dating Ellen than think that Nanase is dating Ellen.  And that Nanase wants Grace AND Ellen hugs.  Is she try to start a rumor that Grace is dating both of them?  And what does this mean for the OT3?  Obviously it can't become a 5 way poly because "Ugly Cousin"   Need to get a cork board and some string.

There are lockers in the background, they are in school. Justin and Nanase do not go to the same school as Ellen and Grace. This is not canon, more like squirrel gun.

4 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

There are lockers in the background, they are in school. Justin and Nanase do not go to the same school as Ellen and Grace. This is not canon, more like squirrel gun.

Ah, yes they do.  Ellen and Grace don't go to the same school as Elliot and Tedd.
North:
https://elgoonishshive.fandom.com/wiki/Moperville_North_High_School
South:
https://elgoonishshive.fandom.com/wiki/Moperville_South_High_School

24 minutes ago, mlooney said:

I'd like this one to be canon, but we didn't get the canon cannon.  Unless The Dan decides to do the "last strip in the arc gets the cannon" like he did for "For Reals".

Same here. It's some fun character development, and assuming Grace eventually goes back to talking like normal I see no reason it couldn't be canon. And actually, if she did decide to keep talking like that, I'd want it to be canon (happening some time after the current story comics) even more, as I really like the style of talking she's been using.

There is a certain illogic to this. Nanase discouraged Ellen showing affection in public; in comic time, not that long ago; months. It is not at all clear, to me, anyway, how over that she (Nanase) is. She seems committed to Ellen and dating, to accepting that she prefers girls, and she is out to her mom, more or less, and her close friends. Beyond that, how open is she? Is she still halfway in the closet? 

All of which might lead to her reaction in today's comic. Kind of a "We have met the enemy, and he is us" moment.

59 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What is a closet but a room for storage?  And can you not store things in a hall?

I haven't had a closet with a door in years.  My last three places didn't have a door.  My last apartment in Tulsa had a big walking in closet but it was part of the bathroom.  Current and last duplexes in Small City Kansas had smallish indents in the wall for a closet.  

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

I hope this does not happen

Only because "Quirks" tend to become the defining trait of any character.

That depends on the skill of the writer, and is far more likely when new writers are attempting to write characters created by earlier writers.

Honest question: Can you think of any examples of Dan falling into this trap?

11 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

That depends on the skill of the writer, and is far more likely when new writers are attempting to write characters created by earlier writers.

Honest question: Can you think of any examples of Dan falling into this trap?

I can't think of any, aside from Elliot being Always Good.  Which really isn't a quirk, but more a character concept.

On 12/24/2021 at 11:55 AM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

"Casual nudist" Grace is a theme that shows up too often for my comfort

I didn't think it showed up very often. In fact, as a supporter of the philosophy of nudism (though not much of a practitioner myself, due to a lack of access to places where it would be acceptable or practical), I've been rather disappointed by how little Grace's nudism has come up in the comic.

At any rate, I certainly don't think it's become a defining character trait for her.