• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

Story: Friday, December 24, 2021

I mean, Bishop is creepy as hell, but she really hasn't done any thing "Evil" as such.  Granted leaving the note that said "You got Lucky" to the chicken changer was pushing the edge.  Illegal for sure, unless she had a warrant to be in his house, and unprofessional regardless of legality.

4 minutes ago, ijuin said:

Bishop strikes me as being the sort who can be a valuable agent, but needs to be kept on a leash and should not be allowed to have command authority over others.

Yeah, but lets see what her back story is.  Pandora was a creepy maybe evil creature until we got her back story.

Well, that was unexpected.

I wonder if she eats live rodents?

FWIW, I think Arthur is making a terrible mistake. Tedd would at worst struggle with the issues and deal with feelings. Tedd mislead will see this as betrayal, betrayal of trust at a minimum. Then they will hold their cards close, be careful with what they disclose, withhold information until confident that it will not be misused. So Arthur is in effect solving a short term non issue while setting up a future alienation.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I think Arthur is making a terrible mistake.

So do I.  I think Tedd would know that DGB makes weaponized wands.  I suspect that they know that "the glove" will be used for that purpose as well.  Tedd is young, not dumb.

I'm rather surprised Arthur seems to be considering Bishop as his replacement (unless the decision isn't in his hands?). I would think it would be rather obvious to him that she takes "the ends justify the means" far further than he does and without any of his guilt, and as such would be extremely dangerous in a position of power.

I also got the impression previously that she wasn't on board with the plan to go public about Magic and presumably magical law enforcement. If Arthur retires too soon, his plans might not be carried out to his wishes.

At any rate, if Bishop does become head of magical law enforcement, I expect her to become an "opponent" to our group and Tedd in particular. (I put opponent in quotes because it probably wouldn't come to actual fighting unless Dan plans to completely change the mood of EGS.) I mean, Dan does have a habit of redeeming "villains", but I expect this to be more like Abraham (who remained an opponent even after we knew he wasn't heartless) than Pandora (who stopped seeming like an enemy long before our cast even knew about her).

...Incidentally, her name reminds me of Agent Bishop from the 2003 TMNT animated series.

Like I said before, while creepy as all get out, Bishop hasn't really done any thing "evil" as such.  In fact she's been "good" more or less on screen.  She saved Knight's life instead of capturing the chicken dude.  Even the card she left was more of a warning to knock it off,  with a threat, granted, but she could have arrested or attacked him in his sleep, assuming she sneaked in to leave the note. Hell, she could have gotten a warrant and done a "no knock" raid.  Cops do that with drug offenses all the time, I suspect that DGB treats magic at least a strongly as the normal cops treat drug crimes.  I suspect that there is at least one federal judge that is "read in" about magic, much like there is a national security court that writes warrants for the spies.

In addition to her overall creepy vibe, she is drawn with vertical slit pupils. Any speculation that she is actually part reptile? (I mean, more than normal; all of use are part reptile by genetic heredity.)

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

In addition to her overall creepy vibe, she is drawn with vertical slit pupils.

She also have slight fangs.  Like I said, creepy and maybe cold blooded, but not, so far, evil as such.

2 minutes ago, mlooney said:

She also have slight fangs.  Like I said, creepy and maybe cold blooded, but not, so far, evil as such.

Right, but actually part reptile? A seyunolu?

There are extremists of every sort in every organization

Bishop is extremely aggressive in pursuit of her objectives

It is entirely possible that suggesting she might one day lead this department is the carrot on the stick through which she is incentivized to remain by-the-book

13 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

It is entirely possible that suggesting she might one day lead this department is the carrot on the stick through which she is incentivized to remain by-the-book

Part of what might be a problem with that is dependent on who wrote the book and how easy it is to change.

On 12/24/2021 at 2:37 AM, mlooney said:

I mean, Bishop is creepy as hell, but she really hasn't done any thing "Evil" as such.  Granted leaving the note that said "You got Lucky" to the chicken changer was pushing the edge.  Illegal for sure, unless she had a warrant to be in his house, and unprofessional regardless of legality.

Or a spell that would put that note into his room.

5 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Or a spell that would put that note into his room.

Didn't even think of that.  I guess we have seen enough teleport and object spells to make that a possible thing in the EGS magic system.

There are a lot of things that are going to need to change legally once magic is made public.  Even more when the "aliens" are made public.