• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorTomoe

NP Tuesday, December 28, 2021

I have my doubts about the conclusion. Not that girls aren't confusing, the comic is not wrong, but IMHO that has to do with 'girl' being a subset of 'human'.

Everyone has an agenda, and for the most part, we hold our cards close until we have a reason to show them. In the most positive sense, I'd call it 'earned trust'.

I'll grant that girls are confusing somewhat differently than dudes are. But for the most part, no one talks straight up about what's on their mind, even to themselves. Hell, even figuring yourself out usually takes massive assistance.

Nanase gets points for some self awareness and admitting her gut reaction is off.

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Nanase gets points for some self awareness and admitting her gut reaction is off.

Nanase is more self aware than most people, never mind teenagers.

Is Nanase claiming that between herself, Lucy and Diane, the three of them have had some sort of romantic contact with the majority of male students in this High School that Senior females would consider sufficiently significant for consideration?

Seems that way.  We know that both Diane (and by extension Lucy) dated a lot of guys.  We also know that Nanase said she dated a very large number of guys, so it's possible that they could have dated most of the boys in their class and maybe one below them.

What do you suppose the fraction of "eligible" males is? Some fraction will have steady dates, some will be gay, some will have removed themselves from the dating pool for other reasons. Some might even be interested but feel themselves out of those particular girls' league.

Could four girls date a majority of the remainder?

15 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Some might even be interested but feel themselves out of those particular girls' league.

Given some of the boys we have seen Nanase have as exes it hard to think that.

16 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

What do you suppose the fraction of "eligible" males is? Some fraction will have steady dates, some will be gay, some will have removed themselves from the dating pool for other reasons. Some might even be interested but feel themselves out of those particular girls' league.

Considering how big a deal was made about Justin being gay, and the fact that prior to meeting Luke Justin had expressed frustration at his inability to meet other gay guys, I'd say that at least as of the first in-story year of the comic there were no openly gay males in MSHS. Since all of Nanase's dating of classmates and presumably the bulk of Diane and Lucy's dating of classmates would have been prior to the start of the comic, males being gay probably wouldn't have reduced their dating pool much.

23 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Considering how big a deal was made about Justin being gay, and the fact that prior to meeting Luke Justin had expressed frustration at his inability to meet other gay guys, I'd say that at least as of the first in-story year of the comic there were no openly gay males in MSHS.

True.  It's odd that MNHS has as many "out" gay guys (at least that Sarah knows, those 3 could be all of them, but that is statistically unlikely.)  as it does, compared to South.