• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Tractics.

My copy of Tractics arrived this morning. It has an ...interesting... lay out. Need to read it to see if the text flows better than it looks like it will. Also giving strong thoughts towards buying the just charts book and rendering it into pull out sheets in sheet protectors for actual game play. That will be in a bit regardless.  As I read and digest it I'll be posting updates.  Thing to remember, this is a 50 year old set of rules.  The state of the art for wargame rules as progressed quite a lot since it was first published.

I've read the new Tractics.  Direct fire mode is as complex as I recall. Moral is weird.  Artillery is complex.  Modern rules are a bit iffy.  I'm planing on covering modern vehicles to at least the level of coverage as German vehicle get.  If and when I play this "for real" I will want to have the "pull out" sheets as their own book or as actual pull out sheets in a binder.  Going to read it again later today.

Tractics, the game that I'm currently writing a modern expansion to is weird about measurement. Speed in mile per hour. Weight in tons (not mt). Armor in mm. Weapon size in mm, Artillery range in miles. Other weapon ranges in game inches where the ground scale is 1:1000, other than for infantry weapons, where it's 1 inch = 10 meters. Definitely a 1970's game. This means my database, all in metric, is going to need to be modified or recreated.