• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
The Old Hack

Things that terrify you O.O

My significant other just lost her shit at the TV while watching archaeology on the science channel.
I was sitting quietly in the other room when I heard her yell at the TV.
"DIE, YOU MORON! DIE!"
I went to investigate and it turned out that the narrator was speaking of an ancient die from a game
but called it 'a dice'
she didn't actually want him to die, she was just offended at him confusing singular and plural
then yelled, "I REFUSE TO WATCH THIS LEVEL OF STUPID ANYMORE"
it seemed he had also offended her sensibilities in other ways
then she switched to a true crime show
"I AM GOING TO WATCH SOME NICE WHOLESOME MURDER"
at that point I carefully retreated, wary of inadvertently calling her fury down on me O.O

I love her but there are times it is far safer to leave her some room so she can calm down in peace. :danshiftyeyes:

1 hour ago, The Old Hack said:

On a related note, YouTube just offered a friend of mine a conspiracy theory video that explained why the Internet is actually a hoax. I am morally certain that the irony utterly escaped whatever imbecile posted that video.

Me, I would suspect an act of deliberate parody...

4 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

On a related note, YouTube just offered a friend of mine a conspiracy theory video that explained why the Internet is actually a hoax. I am morally certain that the irony utterly escaped whatever imbecile posted that video.

Well, the good parts of the internet are gone now.   No more anonymous FTP sites, IRC is all but dead and Usenet is also dead.  There used to be more to the internet than the web.  The modern internet is a bit of a hoax.   But not the way they probably meant

11 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

Any chance you can get the link to that and post it?

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Poe’s Law states that any sufficiently ludicrous rant is indistinguishable from a parody thereof.

It is indeed seriously difficult to distinguish.

Serious red neck.  And any modern rifle that you have to unscrew the breach block to load has issues to start with.  I would have stopped after the first round that needed 10 minutes with vice grips to extract the empty.  Actually I wouldn't fire this gun to start with.

On 2/19/2022 at 0:40 PM, mlooney said:

Serious red neck.  And any modern rifle that you have to unscrew the breach block to load has issues to start with.  I would have stopped after the first round that needed 10 minutes with vice grips to extract the empty.  Actually I wouldn't fire this gun to start with.

"Today we are going to recreate the accident that almost killed me." ... "Sir we are from Provident Mutual, regarding your life insurance policy, ..."

"These rounds are overcharged. Let's try that again."

At least he avoided a Darwin award by using a dummy and remotely triggering the gun.

Note: no hearing protection.

42 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

At least he avoided a Darwin award by using a dummy and remotely triggering the gun.

Yeah, granted it took a special round to blow up the gun.  Not that some of the other ones didn't damage it.

43 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Note: no hearing protection.

Of course not.  How can you hear the bang if you have hearing protection?

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, granted it took a special round to blow up the gun.  Not that some of the other ones didn't damage it.

Of course not.  How can you hear the bang if you have hearing protection?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the result of treating wisdom as your dump stat.

27 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the result of treating wisdom as your dump stat.

That would seem to be the case.