• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Tuesday January 11, 2022

Regardless of what The Dan said on the Discord server (what with his saying that unless it's in the comic, it's not canon and death of the author and all) it does appear that Grace has a sex drive and it's not only limited to Tedd.  I'm expecting new slash/fic by this afternoon.  If I could write (fluff vs crunch, I can do game crunch all day long) I'd write it my self.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Regardless of what The Dan said on the Discord server (what with his saying that unless it's in the comic, it's not canon and death of the author and all) it does appear that Grace has a sex drive and it's not only limited to Tedd.  I'm expecting new slash/fic by this afternoon.  If I could write (fluff vs crunch, I can do game crunch all day long) I'd write it my self.

"That squirrel by the bird feeder is a hottie."

37 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

"That squirrel by the bird feeder is a hottie."

That might be pushing it.  I'm pretty sure that Grace only thinks about sapient beings.  Could be wrong of course.  That being said the fact that animals in EGS have a languages might allow for her to think things like that.

Grace's dreams bring up the question of how she would, um, reproduce. Edward was of the opinion that she could get pregnant while in her human form, implying that she could not while a humanoid squirrel. Damian and perhaps Dr. Sciuridae, were of the opinion that she might have inherited the ability to produce a Uryoum egg by herself. I wonder if she would have to be in her half-squirrel for to do that.

2 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Damian and perhaps Dr. Sciuridae, were of the opinion that she might have inherited the ability to produce a Uryoum egg by herself. I wonder if she would have to be in her half-squirrel for to do that.

She needs to talk to a Uryoum about how they go about making an egg.  Birds and bees talk so to speak.

What if Grace reveals her secrets?

While I can't be certain of what any ordinary agency might do, I suspect these possibilities would occur to Grace...

Grace ends up back in a lab, this time with government scientists who were not previously clued in to the secret world

Dr Sciuridae disappears

Edward is arrested for treason and harboring a fugitive

Everyone under 21 she knows or suspects has magical or alien abilities gets rounded up and sent to a government camp that does not appear on any map

Adrian Raven is compelled to flee the country and/or adopt a new persona including a more elaborate disguise

George will frame the last DVD copy of Space Balls and, after mounting it on the wall of the comic shop, vows never to play a jiggly puff character again

39 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

What if Grace reveals her secrets?

While I can't be certain of what any ordinary agency might do, I suspect these possibilities would occur to Grace...

Grace ends up back in a lab, this time with government scientists who were not previously clued in to the secret world

Dr Sciuridae disappears

Edward is arrested for treason and harboring a fugitive

Everyone under 21 she knows or suspects has magical or alien abilities gets rounded up and sent to a government camp that does not appear on any map

Adrian Raven is compelled to flee the country and/or adopt a new persona including a more elaborate disguise

George will frame the last DVD copy of Space Balls and, after mounting it on the wall of the comic shop, vows never to play a jiggly puff character again

None of which sounds like a good idea.  I suspect that most of the stuff about magic being a round you level of thing is going to go away soon, if it hasn't already due to magic now being in the common knowledge pool.  Now the bit about aliens might be a problem, but Arthur can always say "No, she's not an alien, she just magic"  And if the disco wizard is right, they can say "There aren't any aliens from outer space on Earth" and be technically correct. 

On 1/11/2022 at 3:18 PM, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

George will frame the last DVD copy of Space Balls and, after mounting it on the wall of the comic shop, ...

Space Balls, the Wall Plaque.

On 1/11/2022 at 4:01 PM, mlooney said:

None of which sounds like a good idea.  I suspect that most of the stuff about magic being a round you level of thing is going to go away soon, if it hasn't already due to magic now being in the common knowledge pool.  Now the bit about aliens might be a problem, but Arthur can always say "No, she's not an alien, she just magic"  And if the disco wizard is right, they can say "There aren't any aliens from outer space on Earth" and be technically correct. 

"... which is the best kind of correct." (Hermes Conrad)

- and he can send them to sensitivity training.

2 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

... which is the best kind of correct." (Hermes Conrad)

<google>I knew "technically correct" as a meme was from one of those cartoons, just didn't know which one.  Still not enough to make me watch any of them.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

<google>I knew "technically correct" as a meme was from one of those cartoons, just didn't know which one.  Still not enough to make me watch any of them.

You are technically correct.