• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Sign in to follow this  
Stature

Story Wednesday March 16, 2016

That's one thing explained (by example) for Elliot, et al.

I would, however, just like to make it clear that I absolutely, positively almost never have conversations with myself like that.

For certain values of "almost never."

The griffin couple is incredibly endearing. I love them.

And Dan is doing super great on the griffin art in these strips, often times mythical beasts can come out a bit, stale? Lifeless? But Dan's got the knack down for emotive and expressive bird faces.

So Andrea is SCIENTIST. Not mage or wizard - I mean, she obviously is magic user, she may even be wizard, but her main qualification is being scientist.

Also, nice not-explanation of the "same world" thing :)

And, I would say that the probability of Andrea staying here because of vampire went even lower. She would likely mention it.

21 minutes ago, Stature said:

Wonder what is up with Amanda, Lisa and Chica?

Well Amanda and Lisa are probably at this moment interrupting the "Question Mark" storyline. Don't know where Chika would be. :P

As for this page, Tara and Andrea's back and forth there reminds me of another couple or partnership, I can't place it though, I wanna say Stargate Atlantis because I'm getting a real Rodney Mckay vibe from Andrea there, and Tara could easily be John Sheppard.

So. Same magic pool. Two worlds, connected by a bond.

Spooky girl wants to make this world where immortal beings can act freely.

Energy clog. Magic is suddenly higher here.

Right, got it.

Pandora's making this universe slurp magic out of its conjoined twin universe. That's causing shenanigans, and drawing the space whale things along the current, feeding off the magic.

Magic is hax.

Conclusion: the end game as far as we readers is concerned is that Pandora's wibbly wobbling the local multiverse cluster so that she's unrestricted in a universe that has rules and structure permitting growth past the Dark Ages technologically.

This wobbling has been going on for some time, before she even revealed what she was doing, causing cultural bleedover both ways... Magnus and his world, which is probably not the main world are involved somehow.

Also, Tara is best griffin. "I'm not a scientist, I just slash things!". He's now Bones Mccoy in my mind. Forever.

8 minutes ago, RainbowWizard said:

Also, Tara is best griffin. "I'm not a scientist, I just slash things!". He's now Bones Mccoy in my mind. Forever.

Who "he"? Tara is "she".

29 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well Amanda and Lisa are probably at this moment interrupting the "Question Mark" storyline.

That interruption didn't took more that few minutes. Doesn't need to be "at this moment".

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Well Amanda and Lisa are probably at this moment interrupting the "Question Mark" storyline. Don't know where Chika would be. :P

Just now, hkmaly said:

That interruption didn't took more that few minutes. Doesn't need to be "at this moment".

well, getting ninja outfits and figuring out how to put them on and all that. And Amanda probably needed to practice that kick, and make the "ninja shrink" powder. Lots of prep for that little interruption

*reads commentary* 

Our future selves are perpetually about to do something ^_^

9 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Seventh panel makes me think they've had this discussion before and Tara is deliberately trolling Andrea.

Considering that Tara has already called her world the first half of the EGS-verse world... I think I agree.

4 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Seventh panel makes me think they've had this discussion before and Tara is deliberately trolling Andrea.

Had before, yes. Deliberately trolling, not so sure.

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

I was being silly with that really, since their interruption isn't canon. They're probably out at a party or something. :)

Amanda is generally not completely canon. All Q&A have the same "non-canon story with canon explanations" status. It's only when they bring someone else, like Adrian Raven, that the non-canonicality became important.

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

We've technically only seen them outside of continuity, I say "technically" because Dr Germahn and Amanda were first seen during the intro and they interacted with Elliot and Tedd, but they were still in full blown 4th wall breaking mode at the time.

That wasn't "4th wall breaking mode". That was "in construction mode". It was before the 4th wall was put in place.

I love the griffons' conversation.

So, what I'm taking from this is: Elliot and co.'s world uses the spatial dimensions X, Y, and Z, while Tara's uses U, V, and W. The same universe, just different dimensions.

I wonder what that makes of Lord Tedd's and Beta Tedd's universes. And Magus's universe (unless he's from Tara's).

Different dimensions still implies different realities and universes, this is probably like in the "Tales of" games (I've only played Tales of Destiny 2 but I think a number of the games have this) where there's technically 2 worlds sharing the same sky with a barrier separating them.

Two sides of the same coin. One world with two halves. Magic flows between them, the question is how intertwined they are in addition to that.

It could be that all they share is a pool of magic and a common barrier of sorts, but I doubt that. Magic may be what underlies physics in this world, or it could be just another form of energy (with a mind). Events on one side may affect probabilities on the other, or events more directly...

There's also the Zelda (Link to the Past at least) comparison in that there's a "light" and "dark" world. There may some some cases where doing something on one world affects the other.

I am just going to post here what I posted in chat, typos and all:

"On another note, I got off work not too long ago and only now got to read the Wed main storyline: My response: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The Grifs even fight adorably!!!" "

I just realized how Andrea's wings droop in panel five. ♥

52 minutes ago, Dabat said:

"On another note, I got off work not too long ago and only now got to read the Wed main storyline: My response: "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! The Grifs even fight adorably!!!" "

Seconded

1 hour ago, partner555 said:

Oh dear, an argument over semantics.

Those are the most entertaining arguments to shut down with a clever quip, and most satsifying to watch the faces of exasperation and see the moment of clarity.

Maybe more like Ellen and Nanase. Nanase's the brains and Ellen punches things.

Still, I'm going to stick with Mckay and Sheppard on this.