• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday January 24, 2022

When the Normandy invasion was being planned, Britain's King George VI strongly suggested that he should observe the landings from the deck of a battleship because he thought it would be good for the morale of the troops.  Also, while British kings traditionally led troops into battle, no English King had personally led an army since George II over two hundred years earlier.

Mr VI was dissuaded from this thought by Winston Churchill insisting that if the King went into battle, he would also go into battle.  Apparently George realized that if having the Prime Minister on the front line would be a liability, then so to would be the presence of the King.

I wonder if Tedd's act of bravado was a way to make Grace realize that if Tedd does not need to be there then Grace does not need to be there.

The fact the Edward was thinking about taking the Dunkel parents tells me that my head canon of them being agents of some sort has a higher likelihood of being correct.

Thing is... by mentioning that the griffins expect Elliot, Mr. V just shot down his argument for not taking Nanase.

And Nanase (or Susan, but I can't see a good reason to take her) in fairy-form would be extremely safe - the griffins would have to find her human body, which could be back home, to do her any lasting harm. If they attack in spite of their deference to her royal status. Granted, we know from prior experience that getting the fairy-form killed while she's in it is not good, but if she isn't needed there she could land it in a tree and revert to her human body back home.

(Hey, this is how they could handle it. Nanase is babysitting, Susan or Sarah or Ellen comes to visit with her, Nanase goes to rest for a few minutes, pops a fairydoll to Elliot/Cheerleadra - or behind Mr. V - and it gets tucked away somewhere non-obvious...)

(Also, I'm imagining a griffin snapping at fairydoll-Nanase - and she flies inside the griffin's beak, wraps herself around the base of its tongue, and starts fey-punching...)

Grace would probably be safer, in the event of the griffins going on the attack, than Mr. V or Cheerleadra. But there isn't a really good argument for taking her.

Tedd would be vulnerable, but there IS a good argument for taking him. And he'd be more likely to get automatic deference (or be seen as an inherent threat) than Mr. V

And then there's the question of how likely is it for any sort of them-versus-griffins combat scenario to emerge? IMHO, not very.

5 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Granted, we know from prior experience that getting the fairy-form killed while she's in it is not good, but if she isn't needed there she could land it in a tree and revert to her human body back home.

Being "killed" once in fairy form isn't that bad.  Being killed a dozen times in rapid secession sucks.

5 minutes ago, Don Edwards said:

Thing is... by mentioning that the griffins expect Elliot, Mr. V just shot down his argument for not taking Nanase.

And Nanase (or Susan, but I can't see a good reason to take her) in fairy-form would be extremely safe - the griffins would have to find her human body, which could be back home, to do her any lasting harm. If they attack in spite of their deference to her royal status. Granted, we know from prior experience that getting the fairy-form killed while she's in it is not good, but if she isn't needed there she could land it in a tree and revert to her human body back home.

(Hey, this is how they could handle it. Nanase is babysitting, Susan or Sarah or Ellen comes to visit with her, Nanase goes to rest for a few minutes, pops a fairydoll to Elliot/Cheerleadra - or behind Mr. V - and it gets tucked away somewhere non-obvious...)

(Also, I'm imagining a griffin snapping at fairydoll-Nanase - and she flies inside the griffin's beak, wraps herself around the base of its tongue, and starts fey-punching...)

Grace would probably be safer, in the event of the griffins going on the attack, than Mr. V or Cheerleadra. But there isn't a really good argument for taking her.

Tedd would be vulnerable, but there IS a good argument for taking him. And he'd be more likely to get automatic deference (or be seen as an inherent threat) than Mr. V

And then there's the question of how likely is it for any sort of them-versus-griffins combat scenario to emerge? IMHO, not very.

I don't recall that Edward is aware of the fairy form. The gang has seen it. A few of their associates have seen it. Abraham has seen it. That may be all.

I'm assuming that Tedd and/or Grace have mentioned it to Edward.  Or Elliot told him during the 1st griffin debrief.   I sorta work on the principle that not everything where filling in Edward is in the comic.    I'm basing that on what Sarah says in the 2nd panel of this strip. 

https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2014-01-14-2