• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday January 26, 2022

When Grace's appearance changes from the standard EGS to the simplified form, do the other characters see it?

That would be an interesting power if she could control it

And this heightens my suspicion that Edward asked Mrs Kitsune to find an excuse to get Nanase out of the way for the Griffon meeting.  Unfortunately, he couldn't do the same for Grace because Dr Sciuridae and Grace's nest siblings are already "in the know"

2 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Unfortunately, he couldn't do the same for Grace because Dr Sciuridae and Grace's nest siblings are already "in the know

Are they in the know about the griffins?  I mean more than what was talked about on TV?

They know Edward is a govt agent & Grace is an overpowered, slightly loose cannon in D

Grace & the nest can let each other know somthing is wrong without revealing details

Unlike Nanase who can't challenge mom's orders without spilling the beans

So, even with Dan's pacing, I can't imagine we're getting all this time spent on choosing the party to meet with the Griffins unless the party composition was going to be important, which makes me wonder why it would be. There's also been a lot of focus on making sure the party is ready for a battle, which also feels like it ought to be important.

A few possibilities that come to mind:

1. The meeting will be interrupted by some foe attacking.

2. The griffins have some exposition to deliver regarding Grace (possibly relating to the mysteries surrounding Uryuoms). (Of course this on its own wouldn't explain the focus on being ready for battle.)

3. The griffins are going to object to someone being in the party (or to Nanase not being in the party) leading to verbal or physical conflict.

I'm starting to worry it might be a combination of 2 & 3, with the Griffins considering Uryuoms enemies or something.

21 hours ago, ijuin said:

There is a distinct possibility that Mr. Voltaire will choose to interrupt as well, given that they screwed up his plan to force a Magic Reset.

While forcing a Magic Change was one of Voltaire's goals, the more important aspect of his plan was to convince the other Immortals to change their laws, and last we saw that part of the plan was still on course. He also didn't believe that it was Tedd who prevented the Magic Change. So I doubt he's going to be showing up looking for revenge anytime soon.

(See: https://www.egscomics.com/comic/2018-02-19)

18 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

So I doubt he's going to be showing up looking for revenge anytime soon.

He still might.  He's the only antagonist that isn't accounted for, other than Lord Tedd.  Everyone else is either accounted for (either under arrest or dead) or on the "good guys" side.

I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up, but I can't imagine what his motive would be.

As for other antagonists, a new foe could always be introduced (either setting things up for a future plot, or a one-shot foe like Not-Tengu). And while I don't expect them to be outright villains, Luke's former group and Jay all seem capable of causing trouble. (Also, I don't expect conflict with him any time soon and it would be pretty strange for him to show up right now, but Magus is still at large.)

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Luke's former group and Jay all seem capable of causing trouble.

Didn't think of them, your right they could cause some trouble.

6 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Magus is still at large

I've more or less put him in the "good guys" column 

7 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

(Voltaire) I wouldn't be shocked if he showed up, but I can't imagine what his motive would be.

As for other antagonists, a new foe could always be introduced (either setting things up for a future plot, or a one-shot foe like Not-Tengu). And while I don't expect them to be outright villains, Luke's former group and Jay all seem capable of causing trouble. (Also, I don't expect conflict with him any time soon and it would be pretty strange for him to show up right now, but Magus is still at large.)

Per the last dialog with the griffins, this should be a quiet event, maybe a setup for some future shenanigans.

Dan foreshadows; I don't see any of these mentioned showing up at the griffin meeting. I think they would have been glimpsed at the edge of the stage.

Bishop might be a possibility, the timing of her introduction works, but she does not seem to be close to Edward, and would not know his agenda, would she? Unless that is her thing, some sort of clairvoyance. She's going to embody the worst aspects of Arthur, embrace being a 'monster' while still being a 'good guy'; notably, she only frightened Rooster, she did not harm him.

I would not be very surprised if we do not see Voltaire again until Pandora is fully returned. Perhaps they will have an open conflict.

I don't expect a new antagonist, but the situation seems ripe for one, in a way. Pandora more than decimated the aberrations, so not a vampire?

Magus will show up when they can help send him home, driven by plot.

Camdin and crew will be comedy relief. It seems noteworthy that we've only seen Luke and Camdin. If they were going to be even minor characters, we'd have seen faces by now. 

Jay will likely be on hold until the gang are in school next year, where she can more easily interact with Tedd. I suppose Dan might flesh out her backstory with Arthur in the interim. At a guess, Arthur sees her as irresponsible, and does not want to teach her any more magic, and she knows he can.

Camdin and crew and Luke will have more reason to run into the gang at school next year.

Then there was the Space Turtle. We still don't know what it told Edward, it should be relevant to something, right? To this upcoming event? Part of the reason for the tension? Something about the buildup of magic in Moperville?

Elliot took his first meeting with a griffin very casually. Not getting why he's so worked up now. They parted on good terms. Worrying does not seem to be his style.

You know what would make sense that Edward would not do, invite Adrian.

7 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Then there was the Space Turtle. We still don't know what it told Edward, it should be relevant to something, right? To this upcoming event? Part of the reason for the tension? Something about the buildup of magic in Moperville?

I'm sure Space Turtle will be important and in the near term.  It hadn't occurred to me that TST's message to Edward might be a warning about the meeting with the griffins.  While a random theory, it's not a cracked as some of them I've heard about.

6 hours ago, The Old Hack said:

"I have GOOD NEWS! Crypto and NFTs are about to collapse. But you may want to sell if you have money bound up in them!"

I've heard that some sellers of NFT are some what aware of the bubble like nature of their "product".  Either that or they are really clueless.  They are selling NFT of pictures of tulips. 

It’s the sellers who are making the money. The people who are holding onto the NFT for the long haul are the suckers who are likely to lose big here. As with the stock market, you do not want to be the one left holding it when the music stops.

23 minutes ago, ijuin said:

It’s the sellers who are making the money. The people who are holding onto the NFT for the long haul are the suckers who are likely to lose big here. As with the stock market, you do not want to be the one left holding it when the music stops.

Stocks, at least in theory, are tied to the production of real goods and services.  NFT are based on nothing.

15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

I'm sure Space Turtle will be important and in the near term.

The important thing to remember about the Space Turtle is that Dan created it as an excuse to get Mr. Verres out of the meeting between Tedd and Arthur, and only decided to even show the scene at the last minute. So either the Space Turtle's information is not important in the near term, or it originally would have been revealed in a different (presumably less out of the blue) fashion. In either case, I doubt the Space Turtle itself will be important in this storyline.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Stocks, at least in theory, are tied to the production of real goods and services.  NFT are based on nothing.

NFTs are basically collector’s goods, valued almost entirely for their exclusivity. It only has any value because people who don’t own it wish to do so.

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

I doubt the Space Turtle itself will be important in this storyline.

This is The Dan.  While he had decided that Sam would be in the arc, but hadn't decided on the look of him. He only went with the pocket dude after deciding he liked them.  I suspect that some piece of information that will be at least slightly important will be form the Space Turtle.