• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Thursday February 3, 2022

NP Comic Thursday February 3, 2022

Grace and the guy have basically positive attitudes. "Let's see who's right."

I don't see why emoji-face has to interject. She's not even involved. She's kind of pointless and annoying.

The coach is being flexible, letting them settle this, and may be interested in the results for the school team.

I think Dan is avoiding assigning names because he tends to elevate named characters, and already has a lot. Guessing that he wants to keep these disposable. Kudos, do what works for you.

Emoji-faced girl literally has emoji eyes in the last panel. Her basic appearance looks familiar, but I think she's an entirely new synergy of similar characters.

//( > < )\\
m   O   m 

I think the coach could be a good adult character. I suppose we'll see more of her for a couple of comics.

Edited by Darth Fluffy
realign mouth

Why do I suspect that this is an assistant/substitute coach who will be facing budget cuts at the end of the semester and scouting a hot new athletic talent might be her ticket to a University athletic department staff position?

5 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I think Dan is avoiding assigning names because he tends to elevate named characters, and already has a lot. Guessing that he wants to keep these disposable.

Yeah, he does tend to do that. 

19 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Why do I suspect that this is an assistant/substitute coach who will be facing budget cuts at the end of the semester and scouting a hot new athletic talent might be her ticket to a University athletic department staff position?

This is possible.  It's too late in the year for Grace to get a volleyball scholarship but she might next semester. 

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, he does tend to do that. 

This is possible.  It's too late in the year for Grace to get a volleyball scholarship but she might next semester. 

Grace is already in her last semester of high school, so that would mean she would be trying for the scholarship once she is already attending Moperville College.

It's been 44 some odd years since I cared about scholarships.  I seem to recall that they were more 1st semester that 2nd semester, but I could be wrong.  Of course Grace was in school during the 1st semester, but I'm not sure she would have qualified for a normal scholarship due to her "home schooled" background.  Now a DGB based one, yeah, she might get that.