• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic Saturday February 5, 2022

NP Comic Saturday February 5, 2022

He's just jumping right into the competition. Grace on the other hand has abandoned her resolve and reverted to being indecisive, not even having a goal. The spiked ball should have already hit the ground by now.

If panel 3 was going to happen, it should have been when big guy first appeared. Now is not the time.

Regarding Dan's concern about the size of a volleyball in the commentary, the size of the ball in panel 1 looks about right. It is on the smallish side for a two handed inflated ball.

She won't use an obvious transformation at school. She might enhance her strength or agility.

If she uses telekinesis to keep the ball from hitting the floor, the jig is up; she's busted. So not that either. Or maybe very subtly, but I'm betting she won't cheat.

She would not consider adjusting her physique cheating, I don't think.

32 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

If she uses telekinesis to keep the ball from hitting the floor, the jig is up; she's busted. So not that either. Or maybe very subtly, but I'm betting she won't cheat.

I thought she could only do telekinesis if her antennas were out.  Suddenly growing "hair" might be a bit odd.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

I thought she could only do telekinesis if her antennas were out.  Suddenly growing "hair" might be a bit odd.

She really needs twin pony tail antennae, doesn't she?

Just now, Darth Fluffy said:

She really needs twin pony tail antennae, doesn't she?

Yeah.  She might be able to hold them back with a hair band, but we don't know if they can be restrained and still work.  We haven't seen any seyunolu (Grace, maybe Noah, Archie). with them restrained. 

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Yeah.  She might be able to hold them back with a hair band, but we don't know if they can be restrained and still work.  We haven't seen any seyunolu (Grace, maybe Noah, Archie). with them restrained. 

Ray Walston used to grow his out of his head, perhaps why he did not wear hats on the show. That was all before BIll Bixby got hit by gamma rays.

Who? <google>  Ah, My Favorite Martian.   It's been decades since I saw that (at that was in reruns at that), but didn't his antenna retract?  And some aspects of him only worked when they were up?  Sorta my point.  Bill Bixby?  <google> Oh, ok.

5 hours ago, mlooney said:

Who? <google>  Ah, My Favorite Martian.   It's been decades since I saw that (at that was in reruns at that), but didn't his antenna retract?  And some aspects of him only worked when they were up?  Sorta my point.  Bill Bixby?  <google> Oh, ok.

I recall he would put them out before he turned invisible, and yes, they retracted. Didn't he have telekinesis with his finger? I don't recall the show all that well. I watched it when it aired. As a tyke, it was one of my favs. I probably would not like it today, it's kind of a one trick pony show, as were most of the sitcoms of that era; a minor variation on the same theme every week. ALF had the potential to be better. I would guess the creator's vision for the show was better than what we saw, it smacked of heavy handed executive meddling.

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I recall he would put them out before he turned invisible, and yes, they retracted. Didn't he have telekinesis with his finger?

I have no idea. I barely remember watching the show.

5 hours ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

I remember that distinctly. I'm pretty sure a theremin was played as an audio effect when he used that power.

Ah, theremins... The best indication that something SF was about to happen.