• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Monday, February 14, 2022

4 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

What is the current status of the SRD, what does it apply to?

They released a SRD for 5th edition just like they did for 3.x.  i.e. a full rule set that you could play a game with.  The didn't have a version of the d20 licenses this time, but 5e is as open as 3.x was. 

https://media.wizards.com/2016/downloads/DND/SRD-OGL_V5.1.pdf

16 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

In the squirrels case, squirrels are just rats with better press agents.

Not quite true: in addition to being fluffier (protecting them from the cold and making humans think they're cute), they are also better jumpers and are at home in the trees and other high places. (EDIT: I almost forgot: as we all know, squirrels are also fireproof.)

You do have a point, however. I can attest that they're just as much of a pest as rats and mice (they even will nest inside the walls of a house if they can find a way in), and my feline housemates can attest that when they're not in the trees they're just as much fun to hunt.

Edited by ChronosCat

56 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I can attest that they're just as much of a pest as rats and mice

Not to mention their ability to blow out electrical systems.  Granted that is normally the last thing that the squirrel does, but it's a major issue in some places.  Some people say that squirrels are more of a threat to the internet and infrastructure than cyber attacks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_disruptions_caused_by_squirrels

I've had my own house de-powered via squirrel at least twice, and last decade most of the business district here went down from another. After the most recent, the power company installed "squirrel excluders" to block access to our block's step-down transformer.