• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday February 16, 2022

48 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Edward seems to have a personality change in this comic, looses his opinions. Maybe not a bad thing?

We can hope so.

48 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Most of the comic is Tedd stressing about talking to their dad.

To be fair it's a rather difficult conversation to have with him.  If I was in Tedd's place I'm pretty sure I would procrastinate for a while myself.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

We can hope so.

My guess is he is coming to a realization that Tedd is a young adult.

I wonder if Tedd shared the mirror fix with his dad. I wonder if Edward had ever seen Noriko without the magic makeup, the extent of her injuries? I hope Dan covers this backstory.

25 minutes ago, mlooney said:

To be fair it's a rather difficult conversation to have with him.  If I was in Tedd's place I'm pretty sure I would procrastinate for a while myself.

I would not single Edward out as a difficult parent to talk to. We all have flaws, and parenting is no easy feat. Edward does not seem to have done bad overall. Tedd is, after all, fairly well cared for. I have seen much worse.

10 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

I would not single Edward out as a difficult parent to talk to.

I'm not saying that Edward is a difficult parent to talk to, I'm saying it's a difficult subject to talk to almost any one about.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

I'm not saying that Edward is a difficult parent to talk to, I'm saying it's a difficult subject to talk to almost any one about.

Indeed.

Edward has been treating Tedd as an adult for some time, now. I suspect that Arthur's recounting of Tedd's conversation with The Will of Magic (we didn't see it, but you know it had to happen) probably tipped Edward even farther in that direction. While he's still protective of Grace, the same thing seems to happening with her.

10 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Some how, a reprimand for procrastination from a comic that has taken over twenty years to get a group of teenagers through the last two grades of high school doesn't seem to be particularly stinging

Yeah, imagine the agony of being held back a 'year'.

19 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Some how, a reprimand for procrastination from a comic that has taken over twenty years to get a group of teenagers through the last two grades of high school doesn't seem to be particularly stinging

Yeah, we are at strip 117 of a series and have almost gotten up to the point we started for the series.

12 hours ago, mlooney said:

Yeah, we are at strip 117 of a series and have almost gotten up to the point we started for the series.

They teach using Zeno's method. You can get closer and closer to graduation, but you can't actually graduate.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

They teach using Zeno's method. You can get closer and closer to graduation, but you can't actually graduate.

The problem with using Zeno's method of explaining why you can't do something is that eventually  you reach Planck length and you _do_ make it to your goal.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Is that what they mean by “walking the Planck”?

/me add an entry to your page in The Book.

mlooney says, yeah, pretty much.

28 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Odd how a field of physics no one understands solves a paradox everyone understood

Funny how that is.  Actually quantum movement in general "solves" the paradox.