• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
ChronosCat

Comic for Friday Feb 18 2022

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:
1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

And here I thought Mr. Verres was the one who seemed more concerned than we had any reason to believe was warranted.

I suspect Ed has more than a little to do with Eliot's worries.

That would be my thoughts as well.  If Edward hadn't made  thing about meeting the griffins, I don't think Elliot would be nearly as worried.  I still think that all the worry and planing about the meeting is all an elaborate troll/red herring  by The Dan and the meeting will go off with out a hitch.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

... the meeting will go off with out a hitch.

... because that would require horses, and funny thing about griffins and horses, ... So, better just drive there in a car, no wagons.

32 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

... because that would require horses, and funny thing about griffins and horses, ... So, better just drive there in a car, no wagons.

Yeah, that might be a problem.  Plus getting the horses into the forest.  Do we know if Elliot, Grace and Edward can even ride a horse?  I mean Grace should be able to, by speaking to the horse so it doesn't do any thing rash, but the other two might have issues.

5 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

Cars can have hitches (for towing trailers and the like).

Sadly, I no longer have one. My present vehicle would probably be useless hauling. Front wheel drive with a moderately light weight engine.

15 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

My present vehicle would probably be useless hauling. Front wheel drive with a moderately light weight engine.

My car probably wouldn't be able to pull too big of a load either, but it came (used) with a hitch anyway. And said hitch is rusted in place, so it's going to stay there even though I never use it.

1 hour ago, ChronosCat said:

And said hitch is rusted in place, so it's going to stay there even though I never use it.

Have you tried using WD-40 on it?  Of course it's not like it's going to hurt if left on.

25 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

The only other repair skill i posess involves duct tape

Other than radars, that's about the limit of mine as well. And it's been 40ish years since I worked on a radar.

4 hours ago, mlooney said:

"can't be tight if it's liquid"

Well, maybe you don't hit it that hard with the torch... Just hard enough so the differential expansion pulverizes the rust. Then you wallop the hell out of it.

If that doesn't work, then you let Mr. Torch get his jollies.

22 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Hit with hammer

WD-40

The only other repair skill i possess involves duct tape

I would try Liquid Wrench or some other brand of penetrating oil if you have access. WD-40 is good, and I have successfully used it for similar situations, but penetrating oil seems to soak in a bit better.

Use a closed wrench, like a socket or box end, if you can, not a crows foot nor adjustable.

If you round the end of the nut or bolt to where you can't grip it, a pipe wrench works wonders. It will destroy the flats, though.

Another thing you can do if the stubborn item is a nut, if you can find it, is use a nut splitter.

11 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Another thing you can do if the stubborn item is a nut, if you can find it, is use a nut splitter.

That just sounds painful  <google>  Ah.  I've seen those, didn't know the name or use before. Learn something new today.