• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Things that go bang

I am not going to doom scroll Social Media today, I'm going to work on Project X, at least the downloading of data sheets of things that go bang part.  Really.  Going to work on it.  See if I don't..

Sigh. According to the Military Balance 2022 [which is accurate for 2021], there are 164 types of Main Battle Tanks. I have data sheets for 86. Going to be googling and searching Wikipedia a lot. So there is that.

64 weapons -  I like the farm gear with the mounted machine guns. The Phalanx looking thing in the third picture is interesting.

69 weapons - Hello, Kitty. :lol: The pocket watch gun looks like it was designed for serious assassination. One shot only, though, so you'd better get it right.

35 guns - Love the John Deere pistol. The fish gun is cute.

35 more guns - Here's an article on the one labelled Whitney. It was a serious target 22LR. I can't decide if the angle of the handle is brilliant or awkward, would want to try it. The aluminum looking handle with the glass or plastic dome appears to be industrial equipment, not a weapon; I could be wrong.

There are some repeats between the lists.

The homebrews all mostly look dangerous. 

A bayonet makes sense, adding a spear capability to a rifle, making a functional spear, a reach weapon, if you are being overrun or are overrunning. A knife awkwardly attached to a short gun is an awkward knife, you'd be better served by a separate knife.

Over all impression is that these are mostly made by people with either too much time on their hands, people with little access to real weapons improvising, or people developing prototypes of really bad or obsolete ideas. I do like some of the cosmetic jobs.