• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
mlooney

Comic for Wednesday, Feb 23, 2022

Here is.

Yeah, mall form Elliot is about their least scary form, other than Mild Mannered, but they would have needed to go to Cheerleadera first to get there, which may or may not have helped their attempt to look less scary. 

It seem that people are going to compare Elliot to a sheep dog, even those that know he is  literally a cat person.  As much as I love cats I'll grant that they don't make good watch critters. 

"Sheep dog" seems apt. Elliot is the latest character who is being forced to reevaluate their self-image in a major way. We've seen this with Ellen, Susan, Grace, and Tedd. Elliot's journey seems to be the most drawn out, however.

Harking back to Monday's retcon discussion, on further thought it seems to me that the largest retcon has been the change of the comic from its early emphasis on action and more blatant humor to the more character-driven stories and humor of the present. I confess that I miss Lord Tedd and Damien while still appreciating the character growth of the main cast.

We've had plenty of foreshadowing that things are about to heat up, though. Looking forward to it.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

As much as I love cats I'll grant that they don't make good watch critters. 

Sure they do. Whatever's going on, they'll find a safe place to sit and watch.

22 minutes ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Elliot is the latest character who is being forced to reevaluate their self-image in a major way. We've seen this with Ellen, Susan, Grace, and Tedd. Elliot's journey seems to be the most drawn out, however.

Which is appropriate because, of the main cast, he's the least introspective.

1 hour ago, Don Edwards said:

Which is appropriate because, of the main cast, he's the least introspective.

I'm not so sure about that.  Justin doesn't seem to be introspective, at least not since the comic started.  He might have been before the comic started when he realized he was gay.  Other than learning that "Being single is not the same as being alone" early on, he hasn't had that much character change.