• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday February 25, 2022

Comic for Friday February 25, 2022

Yes! Moving the story forward!

Sounds like Edward is moving. Betting this has something to do with the space turtle.

It sounds like Tedd would be moving as well, but Edward would not screw up Tedds new position, so either Tedd will be on his own, or Tedd will get a lab elsewhere, but that seems to imply dropping him from the cast, and I don''t think Dan would do that, so???

They both move. Tedd is on his own in an apartment near the college.

Edward moves temporarily. Tedd stays at the house.

Grace likely stays with Tedd.

Nice cliffhanger.

38 minutes ago, mlooney said:

My money is on it being Lavender moving in, which would explain why it would apocalyptic bad to tell Tedd last weekend.

Good point.

Lavender moving in would open several possible cans of worms. She could explain the Uryuom birds and bees to Grace. Alternately, she could have a prejudice against Seyunlos, and fail to get along with Grace at all. She could discover that she can use one of Tedd's wands, revealing that Uryuoms can use Human Magic and that Grace is not just a fluke.

She could get a Human form from the T-gun.

The biggest can of worms would be if Lavender followed Edward to his new position or not.  Having an inter-office affair, particularly if it from a superior to subordinate  nature is a HR/PR nightmare.

I'm also guessing it's Lavender (in large part due to how friendly the two are talking; we don't know of any other characters who Mr. Verres would chat that casually with, or who would respond equally casually). Interestingly, Mr. Verres' relationship with Lavender might help explain his changed attitude towards Tedd's transformations, given how fluid Uryoms can be about form and gender.

It's also worth noting that they don't necessarily already have a date set for moving; it's possible that line was just to emphasize how long it could take to find a good time to tell Tedd and Grace.

24 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

It's also worth noting that they don't necessarily already have a date set for moving; it's possible that line was just to emphasize how long it could take to find a good time to tell Tedd and Grace.

Has Tedd been introduced to Lavender?  I know that they haven't met on camera, but has DGB had "company picnics" where family members can meet staff?  This assumes that they had them after Tedd stopped being a withdrawn near mute, which would be after the TF gun entered their life.

"Lavender moving in ..."

In the comic, Lavender is attracted to Edward. Edward must reciprocate, evidenced by weekend at her place.

I get that they can have a platonic friendship. More is implied in the comic, and with her potentially moving in.

How does that work, biologically? Lavender would need another Uryuom to make an egg with. Procreation may not be the point, but can she enjoy sexual activity when morphed into human form?

The superior/subordinate aspect has been mentioned. Edward does not seem to be the type to grossly bend the rules. Perhaps the visit had another purpose?

The second panel kind of implies that it might involve another female moving in, or at least nearby. My first thought was Niroko, but referring to her as Tedd's mother in the third person tend to say not her. We've only seen him act particularly friendly toward Lavender. Hmm, interesting speculations.

"Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice.

6 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

We've only seen him act particularly friendly toward Lavender.

Lavender is the only person that makes sense to move in with Edward and Tedd.  While I'm found of saying "It's a new person" a lot, this is a case of where it needs to be a known person.

3 hours ago, mlooney said:

Lavender is the only person that makes sense to move in with Edward and Tedd.  While I'm found of saying "It's a new person" a lot, this is a case of where it needs to be a known person.

I agree that it's probably someone we've met. What about Bishop, for some career reason rather than for romance? She could be a new antagonist. Or Jay, "My granddaughter is a loose cannon, you're good with kids, can you train her?"

1 hour ago, Amiable Dorsai said:

Oh, my.

Maybe she's bringing a friend. ... Was that a George Takei "Oh, my"?

I'm guessing 'not Lavender' for the reasons mentioned earlier. The impropriety of supervisor/subordinate relationship, even though it seems mutual, Edward does not seem to be the type to make those kind of waves in his organization. Outside, probably, inside, no. They could be romantic, but we have no context for if that's physically a thing. While Lavender could likely adapt, it seems like the activity would be alien from her point of view. They could also raise a family, but would Edward want to? He seems content with Tedd. The logistics are, as stated a bit more. Maybe just as a live-in friend and surrogate mother, but then why did he wait, why now? And the HR thing again.

I'm hoping for some interaction between Edward and Noriko at some point for closure for them and their kids.I can see her admitting she made a mistake and wanting to reconcile. Edward seems to still have much empathy for her. I doubt she'd leave a current marriage if she has one; it is possible that she does not. It may be significant that Van mentioned his mum only. But the tone of the talk about her indicates she is not the one moving in.

Maybe Grace is being moved to her brothers? Seems like if that were going to happen, it already would have.

A mentor for Tedd?

Hmm, Lavender is rather tall for a Uryuom . Maybe she's a Seyunolu? With say 75% Uryuom, 25% Human, she might self-identify as Uryuom, but in fact have some human traits, like height.

Yeah, I really don't see where this is headed.

It looks likely that Lavender was specifically Edward's subordinate, and went with him when he was "kicked upstairs". Her apparent role when he was in charge of the local field agents got reassigned to another person when Arthur took over that job.

However, that isn't absolutely proven - and even if true, it doesn't necessarily mean she is STILL his subordinate.

If Lavender is moving in, I doubt that having another child is part of the plan, but there are ways it could be arranged. Perhaps she and Grace could make an egg together - or maybe Grace could make one on her own, as Damien was hoping. Or perhaps William and/or Gillian can be persuaded to assist. Less likely possibility: Lavender may have the rare ability to make an egg by herself.

Another plausible option is that one or more (probably more, imho) of Grace's "brothers" will be moving in. This would take some reshuffling as there are indications that it's a 3-bedroom house and currently all 3 are occupied. I doubt that Edward is quite ready to let Tedd and Grace routinely and openly sleep in the same bedroom. The loss of the basement for storage and Tedd's lab would be problematic.

A way out of that would be for the Verres household to pick up and move to a larger house. This could be just a short distance away from where they currently live - probably further than just across the street but possibly rather less than the other side of the Chicago metropolitan area. (Let's hope they  completely empty that storage area where that mirror was found.)

Weighting what is more likely: I doubt that ONE person moving into an existing household would require a moving van, rather than a pickup truck - especially if that one person expects to sleep in an existing bed. (Unless the move is during the local rainy season.) This would argue against Lavender (or Edward's current romantic interest, whomever that may be), or ONE of Grace's siblings, moving in.

TWO or THREE of Grace's siblings... that's a different matter.

There tend to be lots of signs well in advance of a family moving out of a house. We've seen no such signs, and neither Tedd nor Grace has mentioned noticing anything odd, so I doubt if that will be happening soon. Maybe Edward will move after Tedd graduates, and there needs to be a discussion of whether Tedd and Grace move with him or not...

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Another plausible option is that one or more (probably more, imho) of Grace's "brothers" will be moving in.

I hadn't even though of them.  That could be possible, but I still think Lavender is the most likely option.

2 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Weighting what is more likely: I doubt that ONE person moving into an existing household would require a moving van, rather than a pickup truck - especially if that one person expects to sleep in an existing bed. (Unless the move is during the local rainy season.) This would argue against Lavender (or Edward's current romantic interest, whomever that may be), or ONE of Grace's siblings, moving in.

TWO or THREE of Grace's siblings... that's a different matter.

There tend to be lots of signs well in advance of a family moving out of a house. We've seen no such signs, and neither Tedd nor Grace has mentioned noticing anything odd, so I doubt if that will be happening soon. Maybe Edward will move after Tedd graduates, and there needs to be a discussion of whether Tedd and Grace move with him or not...

If it is Lavender, she's lived on her own long enough to have a bit of stuff. She would likely need a van even if she divested much of her furniture. Figure a desk, a bed, a dresser, a book case, and several boxes.

I hadn't thought of the signs of moving out, and you're right. If Edward and/or Tedd were moving out, they would have been packing. If both were moving out, Edward would be selling or renting the house. Tedd would have known.

12 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

They could be romantic, but we have no context for if that's physically a thing. While Lavender could likely adapt, it seems like the activity would be alien from her point of view. They could also raise a family, but would Edward want to? He seems content with Tedd.

[...]

Hmm, Lavender is rather tall for a Uryuom . Maybe she's a Seyunolu? With say 75% Uryuom, 25% Human, she might self-identify as Uryuom, but in fact have some human traits, like height.

People can have romance without sex, and both without any plans for having kids. I'm fairly sure Edward and Lavender's relationship is beyond friendship at this point, but I also doubt they have any current plans to have kids.

I believe Dan has stated before that Lavender's figure is one she created for herself, with the help of a cosmetic morphing device (one less versatile than the TFG). To me this suggests she probably has a least a little interest in sex (or at least human companionship of the sort that usually includes sex), though admittedly there are other reasons she could have chosen that form.

If Lavender is moving in (which seems likely to me) I don't think Tedd is likely to have a significantly negative reaction

Tedd knows that Edward has been lonely since Noriko departed

If Tedd and/or Grace just do not get along well with Lavender over the summer, this could be the motivation for them to get their own place near campus, or possibly move into the dorms, closer to Tedd's new lab (the one supervised by Dr Germahn)

Of course, we all know that dorm life or a student apartment has no potential at all for comedy and drama

1 hour ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

If Lavender is moving in (which seems likely to me) I don't think Tedd is likely to have a significantly negative reaction

Tedd knows that Edward has been lonely since Noriko departed

If Tedd and/or Grace just do not get along well with Lavender over the summer, this could be the motivation for them to get their own place near campus, or possibly move into the dorms, closer to Tedd's new lab (the one supervised by Dr Germahn)

Of course, we all know that dorm life or a student apartment has no potential at all for comedy and drama

They need a Sheldon surrogate. "Grace" <knock, knock knock> "Grace" <knock, knock, knock> "Grace" <knock, knock, knock>

3 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

People can have romance without sex, and both without any plans for having kids. I'm fairly sure Edward and Lavender's relationship is beyond friendship at this point, but I also doubt they have any current plans to have kids.

I believe Dan has stated before that Lavender's figure is one she created for herself, with the help of a cosmetic morphing device (one less versatile than the TFG). To me this suggests she probably has a least a little interest in sex (or at least human companionship of the sort that usually includes sex), though admittedly there are other reasons she could have chosen that form.

All fair points. I expect the reveal will not be soon, for us. 'Tonight' is going to take a while.

Early on it was established that Uryuoms were from another planet. Recently, Grace was told that they are not. Seems like a "From a certain point of view" situation, no?

Theories of the moment:

Sarah's sister, the news lady found out too much. Edward had to talk her out of publishing it. They hit it off, and now she's moving in with him. 

Edward called Noriko. She found out about Van meeting Tedd from Van, and they agreed that the two should meet in real life. 'Moving Van' refers to Van moving in with them for the summer.

In the course of investigating Diane's background, Edward contacted her mother. She is single, and they hit it off.

Dr. Gehrman fixed Edward up with Amanda; they are now dating.

Edward and Lavender share a fondness for Uryuomoco cooking. She's been giving him lessons, and is moving in to be their cook. Her splanchworm pie is to die for. Literally; if you don't kill all the worms, they will eat you from the inside. Yum. (Hey! It's no worse than Fugu!)

17 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Theories of the moment:

Sarah's sister, the news lady found out too much. Edward had to talk her out of publishing it. They hit it off, and now she's moving in with him. 

Edward called Noriko. She found out about Van meeting Tedd from Van, and they agreed that the two should meet in real life. 'Moving Van' refers to Van moving in with them for the summer.

In the course of investigating Diane's background, Edward contacted her mother. She is single, and they hit it off.

Dr. Gehrman fixed Edward up with Amanda; they are now dating.

Edward and Lavender share a fondness for Uryuomoco cooking. She's been giving him lessons, and is moving in to be their cook. Her splanchworm pie is to die for. Literally; if you don't kill all the worms, they will eat you from the inside. Yum. (Hey! It's no worse than Fugu!)

1) Cracked, but not out of the question.
2) Not valid based on the "his mother" remark.
3) Would fit the "it's a new person" EGS rule, but I don't think it's likely
4) Cracked, more so than 1
5) Yeah, but with out the cooking.

2 hours ago, mlooney said:

1) Cracked, but not out of the question.
2) Not valid based on the "his mother" remark.
3) Would fit the "it's a new person" EGS rule, but I don't think it's likely
4) Cracked, more so than 1
5) Yeah, but with out the cooking.

But wait, there's more! ...

Grace is shipping out to the Ukraine to kick butts.

Edward, in an attempt to reach out to Tedd, decided to get in touch with his feminine side. Now Jay sees Edward as a mother figure, and is moving in.

Dan, in an attempt to get closer to his characters, is renting a room in Tedd's house.

The Giant Space Turtle will be advising Edward. (S)he will be living in the garage. Traveling by moving van for secrecy.

Abraham needed a place to stay, now that he is no longer constantly stoned.

Dan is providing a cannon for Grace to fire. It is large, really more of a howitzer. Edward is arranging shipping.

Nioi is coming for a visit, needs a place to stay. Edward is meeting the trans-dimensional van to ensure there are no threats to Tedd.

I might have gone with "There is not enough spackling compound in Kansas for those."

Edward is planning to patch the holes in the loonie theories. The moving van is hauling the spackling paste to his house.

Several other Tedds, fleeing their universes, showed up in the EGS universe. There were no additional Graces, but a couple of them brought Ellens. The Tedds are being placed under Mr. Verres's care. The Ellens will share Elliot and Ellen's room.

Characters from various discontinued web comics are being reassigned. The ones assigned to EGS are staying with Mr. Verres until their role in EGS can be determined.

1 minute ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Edward is planning to patch the holes in the loonie theories. The moving van is hauling the spackling paste to his house.

A single van of spackling  might not be enough, if you include some of the odd theories I've seen on the EGS discord server.