• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Friday February 25, 2022

6 hours ago, mlooney said:

A single van of spackling  might not be enough, if you include some of the odd theories I've seen on the EGS discord server.

Do tell.

If it's characters from another comic, I hope the four cheerleaders from Cheer! move in. They were fairly entertaining.

The top 3 cracked theories on who a mysterious person, any time one shows up:

1) An aberration.  It should be obvious why this cracked
2) Noriko.  Regardless of context she's not going to show up as an DGB agent or just randomly call up and move back in.
3) Jay.  Three letter agencies don't have high school students as agents.

Other than Lavendar, Dr. Scuirdae, or one or more of Grace’s siblings, it’s hard to think of any established characters who would be moving into the Verres house. Other than a relative or important friend of Edward’s, or a special live-in instructor/therapist, it’s hard to think of any unestablished characters who might be moving in.

1 hour ago, ijuin said:

Other than Lavendar, Dr. Scuirdae, or one or more of Grace’s siblings, it’s hard to think of any established characters who would be moving into the Verres house. Other than a relative or important friend of Edward’s, or a special live-in instructor/therapist, it’s hard to think of any unestablished characters who might be moving in.

As much as I say "it's a new character" when dealing with EGS and, well, new characters, I'm fairly sure it's Lavender that's moving in.

On 2/28/2022 at 4:46 AM, mlooney said:

The top 3 cracked theories on who a mysterious person, any time one shows up:

1) An aberration.  It should be obvious why this cracked
2) Noriko.  Regardless of context she's not going to show up as an DGB agent or just randomly call up and move back in.
3) Jay.  Three letter agencies don't have high school students as agents.

1. Just 'No'.

2. I agree it's not Noriko, but mostly from the second panel, the wording is odd if it is her. Regarding, 'she's not going to show up as a DGB agent', she may have been one all along. We've never heard otherwise. They know of her and other than the divorce, talk about her favorably. She may be the British equivalent. She could come over as a liaison, or perhaps to pick up Tengu. She may come to Moperville to see her (former?) mentor, Adrian Raven. Regarding, 'she's not going to just randomly call up', I agree, it wouldn't just randomly happen, but both from in-story reasons and meta reasons, it's going to happen. Van knows that he has a half-sibling, Tedd, who is a seer, who successfully argued with magic and convinced magic to minimally change, and to whom he at least tentatively bonded. He will tell Noriko, and she will want to know more. (It does not appear that Edward is giving her updates on Tedd's well being, nor did she volunteer to Van that he has a half sib. She may have been waiting until he's older.) There is tension and obvious progression toward a meeting between Tedd and his mom. Figure, she never had an actual moment in the comic that wasn't a flashback, yet she's a named character. Regarding '... and move back in', that is definitely more of a stretch. I don't think she'll abandon a current marriage, if she has one. My guess though is that she is a single mom. Someone for Van to stay with  while she's hunting monsters is problematic, it is possible that her parents are living in England; we have not heard otherwise. I expect her to reconcile with Edward and Tedd, at least from the standpoint that she admits, "I screwed up". It could lead to getting back together, but Dan might retire before that happens.

3. Jay. Why are you assuming whoever is moving in is a DGB agent? Jay would be a favor to Arthur. I do not think it's Jay, but she is at least in my top five possibilities. Story-wise, she could be just enough drama for a new season.

On 2/28/2022 at 8:37 AM, mlooney said:

As much as I say "it's a new character" when dealing with EGS and, well, new characters, I'm fairly sure it's Lavender that's moving in.

That seems to be the consensus. Note that in reference to the objection about Jay, although Lavender works for the DGB, she presumably would be moving in as Edward's friend of some sort, not in the context of being a DGB agent.

On 2/28/2022 at 6:38 AM, ijuin said:

I had not considered Dr. Scuirdae to be an option; he already has a role to play with Grace's sibs, but his moving in makes sense for Grace's development.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Van knows that he has a half-sibling, Tedd, who is a seer, who successfully argued with magic and convinced magic to minimally change, and to whom he at least tentatively bonded. He will tell Noriko, and she will want to know more.

Van did NOT learn from Will O'Magic that Tedd is his half-sibling. Will made a point of sending him (and Arthur) home before telling Tedd about it.

Van would tell his mother that one of the other seers is a girl named Tedd. She believes her child Tedd is (a) a boy, not a girl, and (b) without magic, not an exceedingly powerful wizard. (I also note that Van didn't seem surprised by anything the Will of Magic said about him, so presumably Noriko and Van already knew that Van has magic.)

So I doubt that Noriko made the connection that the seer Tedd is her child. Which means that Van wouldn't learn it from her either.

------------

Another possibility occurred to me. Mr. V is an interdimensional diplomat, so possibly it would be more convenient if he were based somewhere other than Moperville. However, there's no obvious reason why Tedd or Grace have to move at all - they could continue living in the house they are in. Arthur would want Tedd's lab set up conveniently close to him, and he's in (or close enough to) Moperville, so a nearby university that T&G could commute to from the house would do nicely - such as the one Dr. Germahn is at. We know Grace is over 18; it's extremely likely at this point that Tedd is too. (And government agencies are occasionally intelligent through inertia - if a problem of an underage person being without appropriate adult supervision can be completely solved by simply waiting for a few weeks, they usually will.)

There's a good chance Mr. V can afford to continue owning that house while also acquiring a residence in another city. If it needs a bit of help, T&G can move into the master bedroom and have two smaller rooms to rent out to other college kids (who are aware of magic).

So maybe only Mr. V is moving.

It was Van who was kept behind for Magic to speak to further after Tedd departed, not the reverse: see here

As for Edward keeping a second residence, he appears to be valuable enough to the government that they would pay his rent if they needed him to live elsewhere for a time.

As for Tedd’s age, it was established here that Susan was the youngest in their circle. Diane is twenty minutes older than Susan by official time of birth, though Ashley may be younger as we have no information on her birthday other than it apparently hasn’t happened in the time since Elliot met her.

4 hours ago, ijuin said:

It was Van who was kept behind for Magic to speak to further after Tedd departed, not the reverse: see here

Oops, you're right - for some reason I remembered it the other way around.

And we don't know what Will told Van, other than that Tedd is his half-sibling. (And not "half-brother" or "half-sister" - wonder if Van or Noriko will recognize the significance of that.) After all, there aren't a lot of candidates for who Van's half-sibling is, and while it's possible there's another one named Tedd, it's pretty unlikely.

4 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

Oops, you're right - for some reason I remembered it the other way around.

And we don't know what Will told Van, other than that Tedd is his half-sibling. (And not "half-brother" or "half-sister" - wonder if Van or Noriko will recognize the significance of that.) After all, there aren't a lot of candidates for who Van's half-sibling is, and while it's possible there's another one named Tedd, it's pretty unlikely.

Van is rather intelligent and perceptive for his age. He's heard Arthur boggle at Tedd's gender.  He's heard Tedd called Tedd Verres, a name he could pass on to Noriko.

It is fairly evident from his last panel that Dan plans to bring him back into the comic. And, he's also related to Pandora, through Tedd. 

23 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

3. Jay. Why are you assuming whoever is moving in is a DGB agent? Jay would be a favor to Arthur. I do not think it's Jay, but she is at least in my top five possibilities. Story-wise, she could be just enough drama for a new season.

Jay was a popular option for one of the other people at the hotel room in Colorado.   That's why I made the comment about DGB not using high school students for agents.

1 hour ago, mlooney said:

Jay was a popular option for one of the other people at the hotel room in Colorado.   That's why I made the comment about DGB not using high school students for agents.

I agree. Jay in Colorado makes no sense, exactly why you said. I also don't think Arthur thinks of her as reliable.

Actually no one we know fills all the tick boxes for all the off screen people.  One seems to be Abraham, and we can assume that Cranium is also there, but that leaves "the rookie" with her strange hair.  

14 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

So maybe only Mr. V is moving.

This thought could work with the "Edward and Lavender's relationship" idea too: what if rather than Lavender moving in with the Veres, Edward is going to be moving in with Lavender?

I still say the thing about the moving van could have been meant for emphasis, and not indicating the move is happening soon. You know, in a "this will take you so long that this far off thing will happen first" sort of way. In fact it's possible they haven't even made a decision someone will be moving, and it's just a logical assumption for Lavender (or whoever is on the other end of the conversation) based on the way things are going.

(In case my train of thought isn't clear, it wouldn't be the move that Edward is delaying telling Tedd about in this case. Assuming the other person is Lavender, I think their relationship itself is what he needs to tell Tedd about.)

Mmm.  Maybe.  I'm still thinking that Lavender is moving in, and sorta soonish.  Of course if it's a month from now, due to comic time, it will be several years real time before that happens. 

So play this out down the road

Edward and Lavender decide to get married

Edward asks his son Tedd to be his best man

Lavender asks Tedd to be her maid of honor

Hilarity ensues . . . 

(This may be decided by clothing choices.  Edward is likely to pick ordinary rental tuxes for the groomsmen, so the decision may come down to does Lavender choose nice or ridiculous bridesmaid dresses for her party)

5 minutes ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

So play this out down the road

Edward and Lavender decide to get married

Edward asks his son Tedd to be his best man

Lavender asks Tedd to be her maid of honor

Hilarity ensues . . . 

(This may be decided by clothing choices.  Edward is likely to pick ordinary rental tuxes for the groomsmen, so the decision may come down to does Lavender choose nice or ridiculous bridesmaid dresses for her party)

This is easy to solve.  Tedd changes to fem form, but wears a tux.  Stands between them, not to one side as normal for best man/maid of honor.

8 hours ago, mlooney said:

This is easy to solve.  Tedd changes to fem form, but wears a tux.  Stands between them, not to one side as normal for best man/maid of honor.

Grace assumes Tedd's form, 'poof', a Tedd for each!

Nanase lets Tedd observe the Fox spell. He makes a wand to duplicate it. "poof' a Tedd for each!

One week to go until the next comic. My guess is that Dan moves on to meeting the Griffins before what the move is all about is revealed to us. I'm guessing we learn about it on EGS comic time 'Sunday', when Edward tells Tedd about it.

Whatever the next segment of comics is, it should have some surprises if Dan is putting this much thought and effort into it. Seems like he is going outside what he has already scripted.

I am being convinced that it is likely that Lavender is moving in. It would be weird if Lavender were not a part of their future lives in some capacity, given that Edward spent a weekend with her recently, and she has hinted numerous times at being attracted to Edward. For his part, Edward stood up for her in a meeting, and seems more open minded than most toward alien beings in general (hence having the empathy to be a good diplomat).

14 hours ago, Pharaoh RutinTutin said:

Except that the person between the bride and groom is supposed to be the officiator

The officiator stands between the couple but to the front of them.  I'm saying that Tedd should stand between them, but slightly to the back.