• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

NP Comic for Tuesday March 1, 2022

I am familiar enough with comic tropes that I know what Super Strength is, that Spiderman, Aquaman, and Birdman fall on the Super Strength spectrum, and that the strongest of characters will continually claim that Super Strength is not their most useful ability.

However, I am not familiar with Super Cool StrengthTM.  Does this mean Grace makes the temperature drop when using the ability?  Does she lose the power if the ambient temperature rises above 40o C or she has a fever?  Is that actual temp or the heat index including the 90% humidity of a Midwest summer?

I believe Super Cool Strength means 'cool' in the sense of not engaging emotionally, detached, aloof, uncaring. So I guess you would have super strength as long as you don't care about the results. The Hulk might be a good example.

Except ...

It is said to be like Pressure Release Chopsticks. Those harmlessly release magical energy before it builds up to a critical level and spontaneously releases itself in an uncontrolled fashion. So, presumably, Super Cool Strength releases physical strength before it builds up to a critical level. So, if it is releasing a little strength at a time, you will fell slightly stronger as you go about doing anything you don't care about, but you should not hit a Hulk-like level.

I imagine wearing dark glasses helps.

40 minutes ago, Darth Fluffy said:

So, if it is releasing a little strength at a time, you will fell slightly stronger as you go about doing anything you don't care about, but you should not hit a Hulk-like level.

I think we can all agree that Grace-Hulk would be A Bad Thing.

10 hours ago, Darth Fluffy said:

And they already have Squirrel Girl.

And we know that Marvel has Squirrel Girl taken in the EGS universe.  Of course, as I understand it, Elliot as Cheerleadra is the first public superhero, but Shade Tail is the first "secret" one.  Maybe "Child left behind" or what ever Noah calls his superhero form.

48 minutes ago, ChronosCat said:

I think we already did see Grace's equivalent to going Hulk. It was mostly the bad guy who suffered as a result, though she did manage to accidentally hit someone with shards of the chair she broke free from.

I was thinking more the mindless attack any thing that moves aspect of the Hulk, not just power levels.

Exactly how much of a berserker the Hulk is varies from story to story. There's usually at least one person (usually Betty Ross) who he won't hurt, and he often is quite capable working with other heroes without harming them, and avoiding harm to bystanders (if he notices them) - he's just quick to consider anyone who uses force against him a foe, without any consideration for why someone might be trying to stop him. And of course, his reaction to those he considers enemies is to try to smash them (and any objects between him and them).