• Announcements

• Robin

Welcome!   03/05/2016

Welcome, everyone, to the new 910CMX Community Forums. I'm still working on getting them running, so things may change.  If you're a 910 Comic creator and need your forum recreated, let me know and I'll get on it right away.  I'll do my best to make this new place as fun as the last one!
Darth Fluffy

Comic for Wednesday March 9, 2022

Comic for Wednesday March 9, 2022

I read Grace's overly positive attitude (given that the experienced folks have concerns) as foreshadowing trouble involving her.

We do not know the griffins' attitudes regarding such hybrids, they may view them as aberrations. They may have a war going on with their aliens. They may know Grace is a counterpart to General Shade Tail, and have a major problem with that.

Or, it could be that Edward and Elliot's lack of trust is an issue.

I'm glad that this meeting is happening and moving the plot along.

2 hours ago, ijuin said:

I would use the word “abomination”, since “aberration” is already used in EGS to mean parasitic beings such as vampires, etc..

That is an EGS universe definition, the griffins are from a different universe with different words and rules, demonstrated during the Voltaire incident. But toe-mae-toe/toe-mah-toe, you got the salient point.

I had an unrelated thought about magic in the respective universes; magic changed in minor ways in the EGS universe. We have no reason to think magic in any other universe was affected. Now I'm wondering, is there a separate 'Will of Magic' for each universe?

Huh, an earlier conclusion was that immortals are tied to a universe, based on having different rules, but Magus was blown into their realm, and he was from a different universe, implying that the immortal realm spans universes.

Everyone is happy and this is going to be fun . . . 

And the clown you hire for the child's birthday party will not be a chainsaw killer

. . . . 

Edward has formidable defenses while both Elliot and Grace can retreat fast enough that attacks on them personally will be difficult.  So if no one other than the two previously encountered Griffons show up to this meeting, there shouldn't be an immediate problem

. . . . 

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

implying that the immortal realm spans universes

I suspect that the Immortals are careful to avoid revealing all their limits and abilities to the various mortals with whom they interact

So (since we're discussing ways the meeting could go wrong) this seems like a good time to mention a theory I've been developing: We know Uryuoms aren't from space after all, however back in the early days there was all that talk about their "home planet". What if it's actually "home world", and that "world" is the Gryphon's side of the world? (And then it turns out that the Gryphons consider Uryuoms their enemies.)

1 hour ago, Darth Fluffy said:

Huh, an earlier conclusion was that immortals are tied to a universe, based on having different rules, but Magus was blown into their realm, and he was from a different universe, implying that the immortal realm spans universes.

In Hidden Genesis, Pandora said she "caught him in my wings". I suspect that wherever Magus was blown to, it wasn't the realm the Immortals generally hang out in, and Pandora moved him to her plane to save him from floating endlessly between worlds or something. (Of course that raises the question of whether she could have moved him to the physical plane and chose not to, or if doing so would actually have been beyond even her power.)

We know that it's possible to move from "universe" to "universe" that aren't "other sides" of each other as Nioi did.  We also know that Uryuoms are found on several of these "universes" (Lord Tedd's and 2nd life).  What we don't know is of they exist in Magus's or the griffin's "world".  I'm of two minds about Uryuoms being from the griffin's side of the coin. It would fit the facts as known now, but seems like it's a bit of a narrative stretch, even for The Dan. 

11 hours ago, ChronosCat said:

So (since we're discussing ways the meeting could go wrong) this seems like a good time to mention a theory I've been developing: We know Uryuoms aren't from space after all, however back in the early days there was all that talk about their "home planet". What if it's actually "home world", and that "world" is the Gryphon's side of the world? (And then it turns out that the Gryphons consider Uryuoms their enemies.)

The comic is very ambiguous about this, it says both. Early on, they are 'aliens' and yes, there was some mention of a home world. Much more recently, there was that not very fleshed out 'they're not actually form space' which could mean lots of things. I think, at a minimum, the ones we see were all born here, colonists, if you will, which would make sense if you rule out FTL travel.

Could 'home world' mean in another universe? In EGS, sure. That might even explain why their magic is different. But the simplest explanation is that they were aliens, but have gone native.

6 hours ago, Don Edwards said:

It's also possible that the Uryuoms' "home world" is actually their second home - their original home world being Earth.

Their curious reproductive biology argues against this. 

Yeah, it's not like any other type of reproduction on Earth.  That alone would indicate that they are from some other place than earth "prime".  Of course we really don't know all that much about animals other than squirrels, ducks, and boars on the EGS world.  Their might be some thing like the Uryuoms system "here"